Post your 'Sephora inspired' brush holders

Misty

2421027747_e372f4e211.jpg

2421027775_e1cb0676c1.jpg

I need to make another one so I can separate my my small and large brushes. I just got a bunch of new brushes the other day, and they all have large handles so not all the brushes will fit in this one container.

tonkabeane

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyocheese
I finally got to making my brush holder! cuz I finally found a suitable brush holder. I dyed my rice

P1000388.JPG

P1000389.JPG

WOW! that's awesome! I would have never figured to use rice, let alone dye the rice!

aziajs

This took forever to put together. I couldn't find a vase that I liked and then couldn't find the colorfill. So, I finally get it together and what did I do???? I spilled half the colorfill on the floor. So, after sweeping them up, rinsing them off in dawn and bleach here you go.

P5050026-1.jpg

P5050032-1.jpg

TDoll

Here is mine! Excuse the dirty brushes!! I used bean bag filler in mine instead of the vase filler. Speaking of, I need to go pick up another container and some more filler to start a new one!

DSC07149.jpg

KellyBean

These are really cool! Does anybody know if there is a place to buy rotating ones? I saw someone on youtube had one but I don't remember their name... it's as if it were on some kind of lazy susan type thing.

TIA!

grlygrlnyc

These all look great!!!

An idea for those that can't find the floral beads, I made mine using aquarium gravel, I've had it for a few months now and is does not scratch the brush handles... best of all you can find it in a lot of different colors!

TwiggyPop

I made my own a while ago and used a heavy duty glass vase from michaels and come colored sand from the kids section ( they were brighter and more vibrant than in the adult section ). It looks pretty because I used 3 different colors of sand all layered in waves, but it makes a mess every time I use my brushes. The sand gets stuck to the brush handles and it gets all over my table when I pick one up.
I think I want to try the dyed rice.

vividdreamer

I made mine after watching EnKore's video, and I absolutely love it. I'm going to buy a couple more vases and some more of the floral filler the next time I'm at Michael's (because my vase is already overcrowded and I'm planning to buy more MAC brushes in the very near future). I used the clear floral fill only, but I love the glass beads in the bottom of some of these!

nana2552

Many thanks to EnKore and all of you guys who posted your beautiful brush holder designs...I am doing mine tomorrow!

Can't believe that after practically living at Sephora I never thought of this before!!!

photogeek

just a quick suggestion for those of you still looking for the floral fill, and don't want to use sand (it'd be too messy for my taste, especially since I'm a klutz and tend to get water all over the counter, etc.) or the aquarium stuff isn't to your taste either--can I make a suggestion?
beads!
seed beads come in tons of gorgeous colors, aren't too expensive (if you buy them in larger quantities and don't get the superamazing handmade glass kind for jewelry), have a bunch of different finishes and sizes, and did I mention they come in gorgeous colors?
ex: (all of these are about $8-9 per pound, and you probably wouldn't need much more than that)
P8783SBB.jpg

P8759SB.jpg

P8771SB.jpg

P8859SB.jpg

P6008SB.jpg

P6016SB.jpg

P6037SB.jpg

Seed Beads, Delica Beads, Fringe Beads, Bugle Beads - Fire Mountain Gems and Beads
the 'Ming Tree' brand at FireMountainGems is the cheapest, just set it to 'sort by price:high to low' to get to the 1lb packages
yes.gif

hths!
meg

ps- if you have a deeper container, you could always put marbles or those flat stones at the bottom to build up the height and then put the beads on top. those stones and marbles are super easy to find in michaels, craft stores, or the aquarium or fake flowers sections.

MUALindsay

Sorry for the bad quality pictures, they are from my YT Vid as I didn't take any pictures...

Mine (PS I have tons more brushes, but those were some new and recently used ones):
bh1.jpg

My mom's:
bh2.jpg