Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35/pa+++ Discussion

LMD84

yup 15 :) i have been so happy with it. today i used it when filming a tutorial and it looks lovely. i do touch up a couple of zits with a concealer from maybelline (i need to get a good high end one!!) but that is all. i set it with the msf natural and it gives such a light and pretty finish.

RayannaBanana

I still have yet to hear from MAC about why this isn't in Canada. They aren't very good at answering emails. I find that very rude.

Mac-Guy

It's probably one of the ingredients that is not allowed in Canada. I really like my BB and it has become part of my daily routine. Will definitely repurchase and I hope they don't d/c at some point. I wonder why it is still only available online only.

Mac-Guy

Are people still using the BB? I'm just about to order my second tube, though I wish they would make it available for in-store purchase.

martiangurll

Are people still using the BB? I'm just about to order my second tube, though I wish they would make it available for in-store purchase.

You are on your second tube? I was waiting to pull the trigger based on reviews. It looks like the color is a good match for NW20. I have been so happy lately with Matchmaster fndn but I would like something with less obvious coverage for every day. Has anyone noticed any skin benefits that would justify this being more than a tinted moisturizer? Not that it would have to, since it is still less money than most TM out there.

Mac-Guy

You are on your second tube? I was waiting to pull the trigger based on reviews. It looks like the color is a good match for NW20. I have been so happy lately with Matchmaster fndn but I would like something with less obvious coverage for every day. Has anyone noticed any skin benefits that would justify this being more than a tinted moisturizer? Not that it would have to, since it is still less money than most TM out there.

Yes, I will be on my second tube. As far as skin benefits go... well, as with every cosmetic product, it's really hard to say. I don't have blemishes or anything, so I can't really say if it would help in that department. However, I like how glowy the skin gets with the BB, so the finish is great. Mind you, it's very different from the Matchmaster, which is very matte in comparison with the BB. I like that the BB can be worn alone or under foundation. A little goes a long way, so it's definitely worth the money. I also like the pin-point tube, which makes it easy to get the right amount. Texture-wise, it is a bit firm, but this might be due to the fact, that I use it straight out of my beauty fridge. The 191 still works best for me to apply it.

martiangurll

Yes, I will be on my second tube. As far as skin benefits go... well, as with every cosmetic product, it's really hard to say. I don't have blemishes or anything, so I can't really say if it would help in that department. However, I like how glowy the skin gets with the BB, so the finish is great. Mind you, it's very different from the Matchmaster, which is very matte in comparison with the BB. I like that the BB can be worn alone or under foundation. A little goes a long way, so it's definitely worth the money. I also like the pin-point tube, which makes it easy to get the right amount. Texture-wise, it is a bit firm, but this might be due to the fact, that I use it straight out of my beauty fridge. The 191 still works best for me to apply it.

That cold temperature probably has firmed it up quite a bit! TY for the review, I have minimal blemish and don't really need to lighten but I think I could get this the next time I haul. I really want lighter coverage for summer. I like to just go with mineral powder for foundation, esp. in the summer or for going to work, but I need the SPF too so this could be the ticket! I loved the Lancome TM but the SPF was less than desireable.

Mac-Guy

That cold temperature probably has firmed it up quite a bit! TY for the review, I have minimal blemish and don't really need to lighten but I think I could get this the next time I haul. I really want lighter coverage for summer. I like to just go with mineral powder for foundation, esp. in the summer or for going to work, but I need the SPF too so this could be the ticket! I loved the Lancome TM but the SPF was less than desireable.

It will be great for the summer, especially if you are more NW-based. MAC's TM are learning more towards NC, whereas the BB is more N - NW (finally a product that is more NW!).

martiangurll

Well, I finally found out the contents of this that are the SPF ingredients:

Octinoxate, Octisalate, Oxybenzone, Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide. So, this is a toss up whether my sensitive skin will tolerate the chemicals, but we shall see. It looks like from reviews it is primarily a primer with some tint and lots of cones, so it should help the foundation stick. I don't really see anything in there besides caffeine that will translate into skin benefits. The cones of course will make the foundation slide and then adhere better, much like SB photofinish I would imagine. The advantage this appears to have over that product is actual SPF that works for UVA and UVB protection.

I am going to give it a try with my next MAC order & then I will get a review going.

Mac-Guy

Well, I finally found out the contents of this that are the SPF ingredients:

Octinoxate, Octisalate, Oxybenzone, Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide. So, this is a toss up whether my sensitive skin will tolerate the chemicals, but we shall see. It looks like from reviews it is primarily a primer with some tint and lots of cones, so it should help the foundation stick. I don't really see anything in there besides caffeine that will translate into skin benefits. The cones of course will make the foundation slide and then adhere better, much like SB photofinish I would imagine. The advantage this appears to have over that product is actual SPF that works for UVA and UVB protection.

I am going to give it a try with my next MAC order & then I will get a review going.
Do you tolerate the color-correcting primers? I believe that the SPF ingredients are similar, if not the same.

martiangurll

Actually, yeah, I use the primer around my eye all the time and no issues. So, yeah, I think it will work. I have this in my cart, just need to push the pay button, but I am trying to decide some clicky pens to throw in there and finalize my MW2 picks as well...

Latest posts