Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35/pa+++ Discussion

LMD84

i have heard good things about the shills bb cream... have you heard anything on that one or tried it out?

Monsy

i LOVE it! much better than any primer i have tried so far.
smooths the skin, blends in easy, does not feel heavy or silicon-heavy
color is perfect for NC20, and it gives much more coverage than i expected. it evens out skin tone, reduces redness (i have some old acne scaring)
i was using it only with studio fix powder and honestly i am impressed

when i try it under the liquids i will let you know

i am getting back up of this one!

Mac-Guy

This sounds good. Do you find it moisturizing or do you use a moisturizer before you apply it?

LMD84

i LOVE it! much better than any primer i have tried so far.
smooths the skin, blends in easy, does not feel heavy or silicon-heavy
color is perfect for NC20, and it gives much more coverage than i expected. it evens out skin tone, reduces redness (i have some old acne scaring)
i was using it only with studio fix powder and honestly i am impressed

when i try it under the liquids i will let you know

i am getting back up of this one!
excellent news! this is what i like to hear! and i am nc20 too :)

What’s in my second MAC Palette? - todays specktra video

goldilocks88

So no one knows why this isn't online then?

In Canada, any product which advertises itself as having an SPF needs a DIN from Health Canada to be sold; I wouldn't be surprised if MAC didn't have the DIN yet or may not get it for some time/or at all as it is quite costly. I have no idea if this is the actual reason behind the delay in Canada, just hazarding a guess. All the BB creams that are available in US Sephoras (Boscia, Dr Jardt, Clinique) are not available in Canadian Sephoras for this reason.

Monsy

i moisturize at night only, not in the morning so i cant tell you because i don't apply moisturizer right before BB.
i do feel like this one would be better for normal/dry skin not so much for combination/only
This sounds good. Do you find it moisturizing or do you use a moisturizer before you apply it?

Monsy

I wore it today under Nars sheer glow. I spent 8+hours outside in VERY hot and SUPER humid chicago weather. When i got home , and that was at least 10 hours after i applied it, it still looked great. Love it!

LMD84

I wore it today under Nars sheer glow. I spent 8+hours outside in VERY hot and SUPER humid chicago weather. When i got home , and that was at least 10 hours after i applied it, it still looked great. Love it!
very impressive!!

ROlean

I've been using this stuff regularly for about three weeks now. I absolutely love it. It does an excellent job of priming my (quite oily) skin, and has just enough pigmentation to even out the blotchiness and broken capillaries around my nose. I do have to moisturize beforehand, then I top it off with MSFN. My skin seriously looks better now with this combination than anything I have tried in the past, and I no longer have to blot like a maniac throughout the day which is the biggest selling point for me.

I was worried about the SPF, since chemical sunscreens almost always break me out, but I haven't had a problem with this stuff. I usually moisturize, then add a layer of MUFE primer (lavender) before the BB cream, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Also, the color blends well into my skin (NC20). Much more so than others I have tried from Boscia and Dr Jart which pulled either too orange or too pink.

The only word of caution I have, is to tread lightly. Very little product is needed, applying too much looks awful, accentuating pores.

LMD84

I've been using this stuff regularly for about three weeks now. I absolutely love it. It does an excellent job of priming my (quite oily) skin, and has just enough pigmentation to even out the blotchiness and broken capillaries around my nose. I do have to moisturize beforehand, then I top it off with MSFN. My skin seriously looks better now with this combination than anything I have tried in the past, and I no longer have to blot like a maniac throughout the day which is the biggest selling point for me.

I was worried about the SPF, since chemical sunscreens almost always break me out, but I haven't had a problem with this stuff. I usually moisturize, then add a layer of MUFE primer (lavender) before the BB cream, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Also, the color blends well into my skin (NC20). Much more so than others I have tried from Boscia and Dr Jart which pulled either too orange or too pink.

The only word of caution I have, is to tread lightly. Very little product is needed, applying too much looks awful, accentuating pores.
oh wow! i'm so pleased you have been happy with the results with this! i still need to try it out :)

ROlean

I'd really like to try this but I'd need someone in the US to pick one up for me since you can't get it in Canada.

Hey, I actually got mine off ebay, as the MAC site is constantly out of stock. Here's the seller's store I got it from in case you are interested:
http://stores.ebay.com/Luvurbantrends

I can vouch for this seller, but of course its often a crap shoot when buying MAC off ebay as far as authenticity goes. I've been burned more than once.

Hopefully they will start carrying this in stores, if even only pro. I'm sure more people would buy it if they could just sample it first.

@LMD84 (mind if I call you Lou?) Thanks. I hope you're able to give it a try. I'm interested in hearing what other people think of it.

@MAC-Guy I saw that you got yours the other day. Have you had time to play around with it. How are you liking it?

LMD84

Hey, I actually got mine off ebay, as the MAC site is constantly out of stock. Here's the seller's store I got it from in case you are interested:
http://stores.ebay.com/Luvurbantrends

I can vouch for this seller, but of course its often a crap shoot when buying MAC off ebay as far as authenticity goes. I've been burned more than once.

Hopefully they will start carrying this in stores, if even only pro. I'm sure more people would buy it if they could just sample it first.

@LMD84 (mind if I call you Lou?) Thanks. I hope you're able to give it a try. I'm interested in hearing what other people think of it.

@MAC-Guy I saw that you got yours the other day. Have you had time to play around with it. How are you liking it?
of course you can call me Lou
peace2.gif

Latest posts