Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35/pa+++ Discussion

Mac-Guy

So far, I definitely like it better than the TM, though the chemical smell of the sunscreen is a bit obnoxious. I wish it would come with a lower SPF. I try to give a fuller review when I have tested a bit more.

Mac-Guy

Just wanted to add: IMO, it's best applied with the 191 or the 192. As the BB is quite firm, it works best with the 192. I ruled out the 190 as it (a) absorbs too much product and (b) is too soft too work well with the BB. As there are only 30ml in the tube, I stay away from applying it with my fingers as it would use up even more product. Thus, so far, the 192 is my favorite for the BB application.

LMD84

Just wanted to add: IMO, it's best applied with the 191 or the 192. As the BB is quite firm, it works best with the 192. I ruled out the 190 as it (a) absorbs too much product and (b) is too soft too work well with the BB. As there are only 30ml in the tube, I stay away from applying it with my fingers as it would use up even more product. Thus, so far, the 192 is my favorite for the BB application.

good to know! i hate wasting product!

ROlean

I use my fingers as well. A very little bit goes a long way. So I dispense a thin line a little over an inch long on the tips of my middle, and ring finger, warm it up between the finger tips of both hands, and apply it like that. I guess there is a little residue afterward, but it's minimal, and I fell I get an even application. I'm not very good at using brushes for foundations/ concealers though. I do have the 191, so I'll play around, and see if I can get the hang of it.

One thing I forgot to mention in my previous post; you need to make sure you exfoliate and moisturize well before hand. It clumps of over dry patches and wont blend out. I have fairly oily skin, so I'd be interested in hearing what those with normal - dry skin think of it.

Mac-Guy

Of course, you can use your fingers, and if it works well for you, I'm pleased.

IMO, the finish with the 191 or the 192 is much more refined, especially as I can avoid that the BB gets stuck in dryer patches. A brush allows me to blend much better and with control, which is particularly important if you have dryer skin.

I also find that I use less product when applying it with a brush as my hands tend to soak up quite a bit of the product. As the BB only contains 30 ml, I don't want to waste it on my hands.

LMD84

i have actually bought a bb cream from garnier which was only £10 for 50ml. so far it has been working really well and giving me pretty decent coverage too (when my skin is clear anyway!) so for now i shall shelf my lemming for this :)

fleur de lis

Oh I heard about Garnier doing a BB cream but didn't think it would be available in the UK. Could you do a review for the blog by any chance? *flutters eyelashes*

i have actually bought a bb cream from garnier which was only £10 for 50ml. so far it has been working really well and giving me pretty decent coverage too (when my skin is clear anyway!) so for now i shall shelf my lemming for this :)

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member

I have the Garnier BB too, the lighter of the two shades, and it's still too dark for me. I can't wear it because of that, looks really unnatural, and patchy too :(

RayannaBanana

I have the Garnier BB too, the lighter of the two shades, and it's still too dark for me. I can't wear it because of that, looks really unnatural, and patchy too :(
If it's not light enough for you then it probably won't work for me. Plus I'd still have to get it from someone else since we don't have that one in Canada either.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member

I'm a bit lighter than NW15, so I think it's probably too dark for anyone NW/NC15 and lighter.

Latest posts