Question for fellow make-up artists

bellamia

Wow, I have to say you ladies know your stuff. I have a very big problem with MAC foundation myself, so I've been kind of sceptical about trying other products (don't want to waste money). I have oily skin also as some of my clients. So my question is would MUFE be good for oily skin? And could anyone list maybe the most common colors used I have a wedding and proms coming up I really have to be prepared with the best stuff. Thanks so much for any suggestions.
wavey.gif

Pardon my butting in here -- I'm not a makeup artist but I wanted to let you guys know that after reading this thread I ran to the MUFE boutique in Soho to pick up the Face and Body foundation. The MA there was wonderful and blended my foundation perfectly. I've tried all kinds of foundation (and just purchased MAC SFF immediately upon its release) and this is the most natural looking foundation I've ever owned. The finish is a dream.

Thank you so very much for this tip. It was really appreciated by this layperson. =)

stacey

How do you go about getting the MUFE discount card? And what do you need to fax in?

Since reading this thread I'm excited to go to the Sephora and try it out. I've been using MAC Select Cover-Up and I've been breaking out bad! It SUCKS! Hopefully this won't do that. I'm excited to try it!

stacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Femme Noir
I've used Studio Fix Fluid on everyone and everyone loves it. I don't think it's too heavy at all. It's a clean mattifying foundation.

Do you use a concealor under this as well?

And to Godzillah & Lara, do you use a concealor before the foundation?

martygreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by mae13
May I ask...what brand of cream foundation do you use?

I've seen Mehron Celebre recommended, but other than that I'm not too sure what would be good.

I use Mehron Celebre for a lot of applications, because it is a water-based hypo-allergenic creme rather than a mineral oil base like may creme makeups. I also have used cinema secrets and RCMA products, and like them very much as well, it all depends on what you are doing, and the skin types. I work with a lot of very fair clients, or theatrical clients, and so skin sensitivity is an issue.

TrusyMyEyes

What a great thread. I've never seen such an in dept MUA conversation.

I have MAC concealors in my kit, which is basically full coverage. The are pretty good, you just need to know how to thin it, for less coverage.

I also use RCMA. But, only for like brides or shoots.

I will be looking into buying alot more MUFE. I heard their foundations were wonderful by some big time muas. Frends does have a 35% discount for MUA on MUFE. You just let them know you are when you get to the cash register.

What I would do, if pre mix certain shades with MUFE and keep it in a palette, so you already have certain shades mixed and you can mix from there if you need to.

mae13

Thank you for the answer to the cream foundation question, Martygreene.
smiles.gif

For those who are familiar with both, how does the MUFE face and body foundation compare to MAC's face/body foundation?

annrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by mae13
Thank you for the answer to the cream foundation question, Martygreene.
smiles.gif

For those who are familiar with both, how does the MUFE face and body foundation compare to MAC's face/body foundation?

I find that MUFE's Face & Body has more coverage than MAC's...and is just better in general.

martygreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey
How do you go about getting the MUFE discount card? And what do you need to fax in?

Since reading this thread I'm excited to go to the Sephora and try it out. I've been using MAC Select Cover-Up and I've been breaking out bad! It SUCKS! Hopefully this won't do that. I'm excited to try it!

At the top of this forum is a stickied thread with the information for assorted cosmetic companies who offer discounts to working industry professionals.