Question for those who own more than 1 of the same brush

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Girlfriend
LOL! You're so funny.
lol.gif

She is missing vital parts up there for real....She knows I have never been a Haul, Traincase poster...I barely do fotd's

MissResha

LMAO i know!!!! but i just know once i see your collection i can die a happy woman. i live vicariously thru you!

L1LMAMAJ

i have two 217's, two 224's. i think it's good to invest in two of the same brush because 1) i hate washing my brushes 2) it just makes my life easier having two.
smiles.gif

atwingirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
219-2
187-4
109-2
217-4
226-2
219-2
224-3
138-2
214-2
239-3
208-2
266-2
222-2
168-2
190-2
174-2

Reason.......I'm a Brush Whore

Gooood Gravy! I had to read your list twice. Brush me "jealous", I mean green! Awesome Tish.
choochoo.gif

yodagirl

Quote:
219-2
187-4
109-2
217-4
226-2
219-2
224-3
138-2
214-2
239-3
208-2
266-2
222-2
168-2
190-2
174-2

Reason.......I'm a Brush Whore

Totally awesome! Your the Brush Queen
queen.gif

bella1342

#109 (2)
#168 (2)
#187 (4) + one 187 se
#182 (2)
#217 (3)
#226 (2)
#239 (2)

I think that's it. I have dupes because if one is dirty I'll use another...

kyoto

I get up at 4:30 in the morning and just cannot deal with dirty brushes that early, I'm doing good to get my coffee. Its easier for me to have several of as many brushes as I can, plus its nice to use one for lighter colors and another for darker.

(2) 242
(2) 165
(2) 226
(2) 190
(3) 129
(3) 194
(2) 275
(2) 168
(2) 181SE
(2) 266
(3) 187

leenybeeny

I have two of the same brushes when I use one for wet products and one for dry.. so with my 187's I use one for foundation and one for bronzers and msf's.

TISH1124

I bought most of my brushes at the CCO not at full price.....I have so many SE ones too they get very little love

Laurie

Quote:
She is missing vital parts up there for real....She knows I have never been a Haul, Traincase poster...I barely do fotd's

Welll.. You shoullddd.. Cause with a face like yours the whole world should know it! Heheeehehe.. :p

I only have two of the 266 cause at the time I was now starting my MAC collection and wanted each fluidline to have it's own brush.. Yea.. I dunno .. :S

The second reason is the prices of the brushes.. Our MAC store has irritatingly jacked up prices! You don't wanna know how much the kabuki brush costs!

cocodivatime

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
i LOVE them. the duo crease brushes are the only EOB ones i own, but they're super soft and work lovely. definitely worth the 5.99 lol.

Resha,

I picked them up today. Now I can cross getting a second 219 off my list. Thanks. May I ask how you are using the larger one? I'm thinking that I could use it in the crease for a nice, controlled smokey eye

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie
Welll.. You shoullddd.. Cause with a face like yours the whole world should know it! Heheeehehe.. :p

I only have two of the 266 cause at the time I was now starting my MAC collection and wanted each fluidline to have it's own brush.. Yea.. I dunno .. :S

The second reason is the prices of the brushes.. Our MAC store has irritatingly jacked up prices! You don't wanna know how much the kabuki brush costs!

Ok ditching my hubby and marrying you
heart.gif
eyelove.gif
heart.gif

cocodivatime

I think its just gonna be the 222 and 239 for me. I think. For some reason I'm getting cold feet and thinking I should pass on the dupes altogether.... But I don't wanna be ticked off a month from now and rregret it. I refuse to but duplicates of anything unless its a swap or sale.

And the next MAC sale is when? Christmas?

sfmakeupjunkie

I have two of almost every eye brush like 239, 242, 252, 222, 224,217, etc because I use them for different colors or products like others have mentioned. 217 is one of my fav blender brushes but it is awesome for concealer and dark paint pots. 239 I could easily own more because when you fade colors horizontally over the lid it is really nice to have lots of them handy so colors don't get muddy. 242 I use wet, dry and to smudge across the the lower lash line.

Also this might just be a ridiculous justification but I feel like having multiples keeps me from constantly washing them and I feel like the life of the brush is longer. It's sortof like wearing the same shoes everyday...they don't hold up that well. It's better to rotate!
smiles.gif

Plus don't even ask how many angle brushes I have, seriously it's about a dozen!

cocodivatime

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfmakeupjunkie
smiles.gif

Plus don't even ask how many angle brushes I have, seriously it's about a dozen!

What are the angled eye shadow brushes best for? I saw the 272 brush on the goodbye list and wondered if it was worth getting

LMD84

yeah i have dupes of my faves - offhand i know i have 2x 188, 3x 239, 2x 109... and i'm sure i have more dupes that i can't think of.

it just saves me from washing them everyday - i prefer to do a bulk wash on a sunday
smiles.gif

AshleyTatton

I keep 2 109's one for liquid foundation and one to buff a setting powder in over top. I also have a few duplicates from ordering a set from Sigma and I love having them around.