Question for those who own more than 1 of the same brush

sfmakeupjunkie

I use angles for a lot of things. I use a 263 or 266 for brows. I use them for eyeliner whether it is gel, eyeshadow, or to even out a pencil. I also use an angle to carve a super defined crease or for precise color placement.

Angles also seem to have a shorter life span since there are so few hairs or fibers to the brush but they are a must have in my brush collection.

MAC_Whore

I have all of the MAC brushes and pretty much all have a spare, that way I don't have to wash each brush, each time. It allows me the ability to clean my brushes once per week and to not have to use a dirty brush because of it. My non-MAC brushes, I generally have one of. I have about a 100 (plus or minus) brushes, so I can wait to wash them once per week.

Some brushes though, like the 109, 217, 224, 239, 266 and 263 I have 3-4 of. Just because I use those the most.

FemmeFatale

I need to buy another 224 and 217. My two favorite brushes, I actually use my 224 for concealor and i love it!

MissResha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocodivatime
Resha,

I picked them up today. Now I can cross getting a second 219 off my list. Thanks. May I ask how you are using the larger one? I'm thinking that I could use it in the crease for a nice, controlled smokey eye

i use the fatter the most actually. it fits into my crease perfectly and is the right size to concentrate color or blend it out.

the smaller one i use for more precise looks. like i'll draw a line with shadow using the skinnier one, and blend it out with the fatter one.

MsWonderful

I have 2 of each (239, 242, 217) because I don't want to have to wash my brushes everyday. With the 242, I use one for concealer and one for paint pots.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
I have all of the MAC brushes and pretty much all have a spare, that way I don't have to wash each brush, each time. It allows me the ability to clean my brushes once per week and to not have to use a dirty brush because of it. My non-MAC brushes, I generally have one of. I have about a 100 (plus or minus) brushes, so I can wait to wash them once per week.

Some brushes though, like the 109, 217, 224, 239, 266 and 263 I have 3-4 of. Just because I use those the most.

See Mac_Whore and I are normal...you guys aren't
greengrin.gif
j/k

cocodivatime

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
i use the fatter the most actually. it fits into my crease perfectly and is the right size to concentrate color or blend it out.

the smaller one i use for more precise looks. like i'll draw a line with shadow using the skinnier one, and blend it out with the fatter one.

thanks. I sent you a PM asking the same question. Just ignore it. i didnt realize that you responded here
th_wink3.gif

twuble

*Stands Up* Hi, my name is Mae.. And I'm a brush whore.. :S lol

2x 109
2x 138
2x 150
2x 168
2x 181
2x 187
2x 188
2x 205
2x 208
2x 213
4x 217
2x 219
3x 222
2x 224
2x 226
2x 227
4x 239
3x 242
2x 252
3x 266
2x 272

IDontKnowMomo

I have four stippling brushes. One for liquid foundation, powder, cream blush, and powder blush.
I have three 217 because I use them to apply colored bases and to blend out concealer.
I have countless basic e/s brushes and concealer brushes, because they are mainly what I use for eyeshadow application.

juicy415

i just own 2 of 217 one for brushes and cream shadows like paintpot
in my opinion i dont think that i need that much brushes and i dont wear a lot of makeup everyday

proflady

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenybeeny
I have two of the same brushes when I use one for wet products and one for dry.. so with my 187's I use one for foundation and one for bronzers and msf's.

Exactly this. That's why I have two 187s and a few dupes of e/s brushes.

radarlove

I have 2 x 217...I use one for regular powder shadows/blending and one for creamy products (paintpots, occasionally concealer, etc.)

mommys-makeup

i have doubles of

The eyeshadow brushes I have doubles of because sometimes when I'm doing an eye look using dark and light colors I dont really want the color to look different when I apply it if it gets mixed up on the same brush,I dont know, that's just my thing. As for face brushes same thing I will use one blush color, one brush a contour color, different brush, highlighter another brush etc. but sometimes the same brush works for me but again dont want to mix colors on the brush. I know I'm weird, lol.

hello_kitty

2 - 217
3 - 239

I need to pick up an additional 217 and a second 219 and 242. I have a Sephora dupe of the 219, but it's not as precise and the bristles are scratchy.

I like to use multiple brushes when doing my eyes, and try to keep darker colors on one, lighter on another as I don't wash my brushes every day.

Junkie

I buy multiples so I can use one for darker colours and another for lighter...especially if I spot wash. I don't want darker make up smeared into my lighter blends (eyeshadow). But thats usually the reason for buying mulitiples....never really for face, contour or blush unless one is specifically for a powder and another for liquid or cream.

heart

i've been thinking about getting dupes of some of mine too for the exact same reason. oh my lol. now i want to get dupes of more than just my basic eyeshadow brushes!

afulton

(2) 239
(2) 217
(2) 224
(3) 187
(2) 129
(2) 116
(3) 212
(2) 182

I love back up so I don't have to clean them each time I use them. The above are my regular brushes but I have numerous brush set duplicates. I always like to buy brush sets when they come out. The smaller brushes come in handy as well.