Quick Q: When y'all r getting ready What gets done 1st, Makeup or Hair?

sedated_xtc

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie_070405
I blowdry my hair first. Then, I clip back the bangs & do my makeup while my straightner/curling iron heats up. Next to last is straightening/curling my hair

ME TOO!!! I FOUND MY ROUTINE TWIN!! =)
th_DANCE.gif

JustSloan

Hair, then make-up.

If im going out and working with lots of heat to get this mess tamed then, I don't wanna worry about sweating my make-up off.

I do my hair, chill out then i can play with my face
smiles.gif
Just brush my bangs back with a clippy or something.

sassyclassy

I always do my make up first...in my mind, if my face looks good, I can pull off the hair no matter what it looks like. And another thing is I'm normally in a rush in the mornings so I don't really put much effort into the hair at all.

missfaithy

I prefer to do my hair first -- when I had my long hair & NOW, with my shorter hair.

I, too, sweat a bit while doing my hair -- so I rather get my hair done & just pin my hair back and go forward with makeup.

After my makeup is done...unclip my hair, flip my head upside down...tousle, tousle...& a spritz of fix+ to finish my makeup look -- then I'm out the door.

joojoobss

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle89
First makeup, then hair. Holding my hair out of the way while doing my mu is annoying.

i agree!!
i tried.. but i had to pin everything back.. and when i took out the pins there were creases..
and plus i let my hair products sit in my hair and air dry while im doing my makeup. (cuts down on the blow drying time)

doomkitteh

I do my makeup first but I don't do much with my hair. My fancy hairdo is mousse and blow dry for the big hair.

MishaDior

It depends on what takes longer that day. If i have to flatiron or really style my hair, ill do that first. If I'm doing a half-wig or my hair is already done, the makeup comes first. It makes my routine pretty easy!

Sashan

If I've just washed my hair, I blow dry and pin it back, then do my makeup and straighten my hair last.

If I'm not washing my hair, I do my makeup first and then figure my hair out. It takes me a LOT longer to do my makeup than hair, so if I'm running late I'd rather get my makeup right then just pull my hair back
smiles.gif

flymestza

My routine is exactly like Sashan. If I don't put product in my hair and blow dry right out of the shower, my hair will be difficult to work with. So I blow dry, pin it back, and then do my makeup. By the time I'm finished with my makeup, my flat iron is ready to go.

If I don't wash my hair I do my makeup first then style my hair.

iCandy

As a black girl, the hair gets done first because you never what's going to happen there... it's always an ordeal.

Makeup, you can just sit in one place and do it in like 15 minutes... but hair.. wow that could be like a whole day to get read..

so hair first.. then everything else.

I do hair first in case I run out of time, I'd rather leave the house without make-up than with my hair messed up. I usually do my hair first then push my bangs off my face to do make-up, and just fix my bangs after.

Obsidianbbw

hair if it is unbraided, which means it needs more time and I will probably end up sweating a bit. If braided then makeup comes first since my hair should be a breeze.

Sammaji

I always do my makeup first then hair. I feel like when I do my makeup first the hair is the finishing touch for AMAZING results. For some reason it never works the other way around for me. Also, my hair would get in the way if I did it first!

miss sha

Makeup first, but that's because I have locs and doing my hair involves using a moisturizing spray, then either leaving it down or tying it up.
lol.gif

elongreach

My hair because it makes me feel ready for the makeup. Like I'm going to make this hair look the way if feels. It just makes every step of the makeup process seem sexy.