Random WOC Makeup Thoughts

cupcake28

Which version of Lolita do you have? I want the dark brown-toned one everyone hates lol.
LOL, I like it too. I have the current one (3rd batch), but mine looks darker than the pic. When I pair it with chestnut, it definitely gives off that matte mauve 90's vibe. I love it!

PrettyGirlDoc

Hi Ladies, When will someone come out with a purple highlight powder for berry and plum blushes? When will someone come out with a true red/auburn eyebrow wax/gel? That's all I have right now . Lol! Gotta go revive my neglected blog. One more! Why don't WOC brands send more of their products to WOC blogs to review? ABH cosmetics is making a killing sending products to whomever is generating a buzz

pinkcrush

Hi Ladies, When will someone come out with a purple highlight powder for berry and plum blushes? When will someone come out with a true red/auburn eyebrow wax/gel? That's all I have right now . Lol! Gotta go revive my neglected blog. One more! Why don't WOC brands send more of their products to WOC blogs to review? ABH cosmetics is making a killing sending products to whomever is generating a buzz
MAC Full of Joy and Black Radiance Baked Blush in Plum Sorbet make excellent blush toppers or highlighters with/for plum/berry/purple blushes for WOC

Yazmin

I recently signed up for a blogging course as I've been contemplating starting a beauty blog. Fortunately, I can start it when convenient and go at my own pace. Once things at work streamline a bit, I'm going to start the course.

Prettypackages

I recently signed up for a blogging course as I've been contemplating starting a beauty blog. Fortunately, I can start it when convenient and go at my own pace. Once things at work streamline a bit, I'm going to start the course.
Awesome, my blog has been defunct for 5 years LOL. Who is the course through?

Jayjayy

Which version of Lolita do you have? I want the dark brown-toned one everyone hates lol.
:lol: that's the one I have and it's amazing!! When people were originally raving about Lolita I kept trying it on and hating it. Then I randomly tried it again and suddenly it was this beautiful pinky brown, non-ashy looking lippie! I didn't want to say anything because it seems like a very sensitive subject around these parts lol.

Jayjayy

I know someone is going to consider this blasphemous, but I'm putting Violetta and Show Orchid in my B2M bag. I love the colors but I'm no longer fond of the finish. I'd rather use them to get something I really want. There are other companies,even MAC that makes those colors in a finish that I like more. I still haven't properly moved in to my new place but when I do there will be a major makeup purge. There is too much out there I want and I already have so much.
I bought Show Orchid when it was still pro, stared at it for a year in my collection without wearing it outside, and finally B2M it. The old me would've thrown that bad boy on sans liner on a Tuesday and went right to work (and I work in what should be a fairly serious environment lol). The more refined me just couldn't pull it off enough to keep it.

Shars

lol.gif
that's the one I have and it's amazing!! When people were originally raving about Lolita I kept trying it on and hating it. Then I randomly tried it again and suddenly it was this beautiful pinky brown, non-ashy looking lippie! I didn't want to say anything because it seems like a very sensitive subject around these parts lol.
Haha, I can imagine. This will be one thread where you'll be safe on that count!

Yazmin

Awesome,  my blog has been defunct for 5 years LOL.   Who is the course through?  
The course *is offered by Christine Gilbert from Almost Fearless. I've been following her blog for years. She typically teaches hands-on blogging courses, but timing, location and pricing never worked out for me. So when the online course came up, I jumped on it to get some insight as to whether I want to pursue it.

sagehen

Someone here prodded me to buy the Laura Mercier Artist Palette from Sephora when they brought it back. I won't name names but she knows who she is...well, I bought it and I am so glad I did. I have been wearing it in different iterations all week. I like these shadows. A lot. Blendable pigmented, not too powdery...very nice.

sagehen

I wonder what lipstick that is that Sky (sp?) is always wearing on Black Ink? I am mad at her for always trying to solve ish by fighting.

DILLIGAF

Someone here prodded me to buy the Laura Mercier Artist Palette from Sephora when they brought it back. I won't name names but she knows who she is...well, I bought it and I am so glad I did. I have been wearing it in different iterations all week. I like these shadows. A lot. Blendable pigmented, not too powdery...very nice.
:supacool:

DILLIGAF

This is forcible enabling at it's finest. And unapologetic too lol. BTW your pic in the liquid lipstick thread is making me glad I hunted down Milani Romance. I missed out on Frankenfurter.
That finger emoji was a mistake. Lol And yes you need tha lipstick

DILLIGAF

whaaaaaat? Milani liquid lipsticks? I knew I was missing out when the women on the facebook makeup boards were running to get these Milani lipsticks. I didn't realize they were liquid lipsticks.
i just happened to wander into a Walgreens and grabbed three of them. I had no idea that they were going to be as good as they are. Milani really needs to make these perm. My sister is slowly stalking every Walgreen's and CVS in the greater Atlanta area for Romance. Its sold out on the Milani website.

Latest posts