Random WOC Makeup Thoughts

Twinkle_Twinkle

Here's a picture! There are some brighter shades in there as well. The bottom row are all shimmery iridescent shades.
a237618a_image.jpeg
that's wild. you are better than me. I was looking at shoes Monday and walked out of the store b/c the sales associate kept hovering.  I know you work on commission, and I wouldn't try on a bunch of shoes and waste your time, but you're doing too much.  I walked in and he was like hi can I help you. I said no, just looking.  Then he commented on every shoe I picked up, so i went to an opposite corner, he hovered, then I went to another corner, he was like is there anything you are looking for.  Yes, actually I was, but you've pissed me off, and I don't want to ask.  I just left. LOL   It was kind of intimidating.  But, uh, yhou had me at pastel palette, that is brown lady friendly.  do share! LOL 
It was crrraaaaazzzzyyy weird.
[COLOR=0000FF]   She wouldn't have lasted 2 minutes with me----I would have said you're in my personal space and that makes me very uncomfortable-----and I haven't had my meds[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   today.  For your own safety and well-being [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]PLEASE WALK AWAY.[/COLOR]

Prettypackages

Can MAC make a collection where a WOC is the center...I mean damn. I'm happy for other people getting
their shine on, but it would be nice if they came out with a collection filled with products that show up on medium-deep skin tones. You'd think with the popularity of How to Get Away with Murder, Sleepy Hollow (OMG I am obsessed witih SH) and Scandal they'd take advantage of it. People crave diversity.

Whew I feel better...so happy I found Specktra becaude nobody in my everyday life understands lol
YES! A brown girl collex featuring women like Viola, Kerry, and even some of the new Indian beauties I've seen in different shows (The one on he FBI show). All on the deeper shade of brown. This would be so wonderful. I'm imagining highlighters, contour powders, beauty powders, amazing "nudes" for eyes and lips. A variety of "nude" lip pencils (kinda like what Louboutin did) Shade extensions to their foundations, you know more than just the red, dark brown, and orange, they currently have. Different shades of setting powders! like Ben Nye's. Ads with beautiful, creamy, chocolate skin, brown skin, golden tones, and olive tones. Oh it would be wonderful.

Something kinda like Mickey Contractor but more!

Oh and speaking of Viola, I HATED her Emmy makeup. Also hated Shonda Rhimes makeup on Kimmel last week. HATED. We all know WOC can wear reds/oranges, but it has to be the right one.

dgeorge29

She wouldn't have lasted 2 minutes with me----I would have said you're in my personal space and that makes me very uncomfortable-----and I haven't had my meds
today. For your own safety and well-being PLEASE WALK AWAY.
WE ARE ON THE SAME MEDS THEN!!!

Shars

She wouldn't have lasted 2 minutes with me----I would have said you're in my personal space and that makes me very uncomfortable-----and I haven't had my meds
today. For your own safety and well-being PLEASE WALK AWAY.
clap.gif

sagehen

Is anyone buying the Laura Mercier Sleek and Chic palette? I want it but I am trying to decide how badly, since 3 of the shades are repeats from the Artist Palette that was recently re-released. African Violet is to LM palettes like Carbon seems to be for MAC palettes lol.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Is it unrealistic to want a foundation to be perfect, like absolutely perfect?? Shade, wear, texture, coverage, everything. There are two foundations that I have and they are soooo close to perfect, they feel great on the skin, coverage is exactly what I want but when I stare at my face, really really stare I feel like there are small areas that lean too yellow. That could just be me being crazy. I'm sure that no one else would see it but me. And maybe it's my eyes playing tricks on me, or my interior lighting. Everything seems to either be too yellow or too red, just to varying degrees. If I had to choose I would prefer something to be too yellow rather that too red. It's easier to correct the yellow and I'm not sure how you would correct the red. I find that just a small dusting of MAC MSFN in Sun Power makes everything perfect (that is seriously one of the BEST purchases that I have made in a very long time. Talk about a game changer...) but in a way that feels like cheating because I want it to be absolutely perfect on it's own.

I do not believe in mixing foundations. I know a lot of people do it either because they want to or have to, and they look magical but it's just not for me. I'll mix in Cover FX Drops and/or a pump of Becca SSP but I am just not trying to be a foundation chemist. Le sigh. Maybe I am just being neurotic. That's my random thought for the day. Carry on.

sagehen

Is it unrealistic to want a foundation to be perfect, like absolutely perfect?? Shade, wear, texture, coverage, everything. There are two foundations that I have and they are soooo close to perfect, they feel great on the skin, coverage is exactly what I want but when I stare at my face, really really stare I feel like there are small areas that lean too yellow. That could just be me being crazy. I'm sure that no one else would see it but me. And maybe it's my eyes playing tricks on me, or my interior lighting. Everything seems to either be too yellow or too red, just to varying degrees. If I had to choose I would prefer something to be too yellow rather that too red. It's easier to correct the yellow and I'm not sure how you would correct the red. I find that just a small dusting of MAC MSFN in Sun Power makes everything perfect (that is seriously one of the BEST purchases that I have made in a very long time. Talk about a game changer...) but in a way that feels like cheating because I want it to be absolutely perfect on it's own. I do not believe in mixing foundations. I know a lot of people do it either because they want to or have to, and they look magical but it's just not for me. I'll mix in Cover FX Drops and/or a pump of Becca SSP but I am just not trying to be a foundation chemist. Le sigh. Maybe I am just being neurotic. That's my random thought for the day. Carry on. 
Not unrealistic. That is why I keep buying doggone foundation. I hope that the new CoverFX shade extensions might contain the perfect one for me and my search will be over FOREVER! Playing devil's advocate here...Isn't mixing in CoverFx drops sorta like mixing foundations? I feel you but I mix all the time. I just got used to it. I would also rather something be too yellow than too red. I use the same fix you do, but I just don't know how to recover from too red. No amount of yellow powder helps.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I totally agree about fixing yellow and being unable to fix red. I justify the Cover FX drops because of the versatility (I can get more coverage and in the summer I get a darker shade so that I don't have an extra bottle of foundation that takes twice as long to use) and it's easy because I'm just adding one drop rather than trying to get the ratio of two different foundations right every time. I might just see if my Custom Blend can be tweaked ever so slightly when this bottle is done because I've never loved a foundation the way I love Presciptives. It's just such a process because you are doing the matching remotely and you have to keep sending it back and tweaking. I guess I'll keep using my NARS Radiant Cream foundation and use the Sun Power with it because I'm so turned off of MAC foundations at this point that I'm hesitant to try Studio Tech and the Prolongwear compact.
Not unrealistic. That is why I keep buying doggone foundation. I hope that the new CoverFX shade extensions might contain the perfect one for me and my search will be over FOREVER! Playing devil's advocate here...Isn't mixing in CoverFx drops sorta like mixing foundations? I feel you but I mix all the time. I just got used to it. I would also rather something be too yellow than too red. I use the same fix you do, but I just don't know how to recover from too red. No amount of yellow powder helps.

Jayjayy

Is it unrealistic to want a foundation to be perfect, like absolutely perfect?? Shade, wear, texture, coverage, everything. There are two foundations that I have and they are soooo close to perfect, they feel great on the skin, coverage is exactly what I want but when I stare at my face, really really stare I feel like there are small areas that lean too yellow. That could just be me being crazy. I'm sure that no one else would see it but me. And maybe it's my eyes playing tricks on me, or my interior lighting. Everything seems to either be too yellow or too red, just to varying degrees. If I had to choose I would prefer something to be too yellow rather that too red. It's easier to correct the yellow and I'm not sure how you would correct the red. I find that just a small dusting of MAC MSFN in Sun Power makes everything perfect (that is seriously one of the BEST purchases that I have made in a very long time. Talk about a game changer...) but in a way that feels like cheating because I want it to be absolutely perfect on it's own.

I do not believe in mixing foundations. I know a lot of people do it either because they want to or have to, and they look magical but it's just not for me. I'll mix in Cover FX Drops and/or a pump of Becca SSP but I am just not trying to be a foundation chemist. Le sigh. Maybe I am just being neurotic. That's my random thought for the day. Carry on.
Definitely not unrealistic. I think more brands should make an honest attempt to come close to matching the variations in AA skin tones. Mixing foundations is a huge pain the ass...if I have 2 on hand that complement each other than fine, but to buy 2 different shades solely for the purpose of mixing isn't something I can get on board with. Especially when they're in the $30-50 price range.

Ajigglin

Is it unrealistic to want a foundation to be perfect, like absolutely perfect?? Shade, wear, texture, coverage, everything. There are two foundations that I have and they are soooo close to perfect, they feel great on the skin, coverage is exactly what I want but when I stare at my face, really really stare I feel like there are small areas that lean too yellow. That could just be me being crazy. I'm sure that no one else would see it but me. And maybe it's my eyes playing tricks on me, or my interior lighting. Everything seems to either be too yellow or too red, just to varying degrees. If I had to choose I would prefer something to be too yellow rather that too red. It's easier to correct the yellow and I'm not sure how you would correct the red. I find that just a small dusting of MAC MSFN in Sun Power makes everything perfect (that is seriously one of the BEST purchases that I have made in a very long time. Talk about a game changer...) but in a way that feels like cheating because I want it to be absolutely perfect on it's own. I do not believe in mixing foundations. I know a lot of people do it either because they want to or have to, and they look magical but it's just not for me. I'll mix in Cover FX Drops and/or a pump of Becca SSP but I am just not trying to be a foundation chemist. Le sigh. Maybe I am just being neurotic. That's my random thought for the day. Carry on. 
This times a freaking million. This is my life story. Then, God forbid you get darker in the summer or something. I'm not buying another foundation until I work through all these half ass solutions. I had to get the custom drops as well. In terms of yellow vs red, I have the opposite problem. I feel like I need more red and less yellow.

sagehen

So, I am not sure what happened with the low buy. Confession: In the next 10 days I have packages coming from Ulta (2), Sephora, Jeffree Star and Morphe. And I went into Macy's this afternoon looking to buy Self Aware lipstick (I had not planned on anything from MACnificent Me), and came out with the lipstick, Everybody's Darling e/s AND the palette. I asked for the pink blush too but the SA clearly didn't hear me, and I am OK with that, because she was too busy pre-selling me the red lip set in the holiday collection! OK, I am not buying anything else this year except for the LM Sleek and Chic palette and the Too Faced palette that is supposed to complement the other chocolate bars, WAIT...and the Dia de los Muertos l/s from LA Splash. That's it.

Twinkle_Twinkle

So, I am not sure what happened with the low buy. Confession: In the next 10 days I have packages coming from Ulta (2), Sephora, Jeffree Star and Morphe. And I went into Macy's this afternoon looking to buy Self Aware lipstick (I had not planned on anything from MACnificent Me), and came out with the lipstick, Everybody's Darling e/s AND the palette. I asked for the pink blush too but the SA clearly didn't hear me, and I am OK with that, because she was too busy pre-selling me the red lip set in the holiday collection! OK, I am not buying anything else this year except for the LM Sleek and Chic palette and the Too Faced palette that is supposed to complement the other chocolate bars, WAIT...and the Dia de los Muertos l/s from LA Splash. That's it.
But what about the Sephora VIB sale?!

Medgal07

Is anyone buying the Laura Mercier Sleek and Chic palette? I want it but I am trying to decide how badly, since 3 of the shades are repeats from the Artist Palette that was recently re-released. African Violet is to LM palettes like Carbon seems to be for MAC palettes lol.
lmao.gif

Latest posts