Random WOC Makeup Thoughts

sagehen

That finger emoji was a mistake. Lol And yes you need tha lipstick
I happened on a display in a store near work and got the darker shades. I suddenly have in mind that I need Adore but that seems to have been the first one to go. I see it is online. Trying to decide if I need another nude liquid lipstick especially when I KNOW I am backing up KvD Bow n Arrow when it comes back in stock. Plus I have yet to dip my toe into Jeffree Star (sp?). Every time I go onto the site one shade I want is unavailable. I am dying of excitement about the new CoverFx shade extensions. Up to G110 in the mineral foundations?!? When will this extend to the liquid or cream formulations?!? eta: OMG I see it in the liquid! And the cream! Finally! I am dying! Positively DYING! Do you hear me! Am I G90 or 100? I dunno!

Lipstickjunkii

I need a backup of Milani's beloved. It's such a beautiful shade.
I also love love Romance. Definitely a very standout red.

Speaking of standout reds, Colouredraine Cherry Blossom is absolutely it for me.

pinkcrush

I need a backup of Milani's beloved. It's such a beautiful shade. I also love love Romance. Definitely a very standout red. Speaking of standout reds, Colouredraine Cherry Blossom is absolutely it for me.
I passed on Beloved and I regretted it as soon as I was being cashed out and didn't see it in my haul of lip cremes and the line of about 10 people behind me lol

pinkcrush

IKR! I saw 2 on the display and regret not getting both. I think Colourpop Bumble is supposed to be a dupe but the Milani formula is so much more comfortable.
The Milani formula is super comfortable even if u have dry lips like mine! Beloved will BE mine haha!

sagehen

1. Has anyone tried out the new shade extensions in CoverFx foundations? 2. Anyone here tried the new-ish Buxom shadows from Sephora? I wonder...might Filthy Rich be a decent substitute for my beloved Shag? I have hit pan on my last backup and am getting a little antsy.

pinkcrush

Just a heads up ladies MAC Film Noir is another of those multi-use products that we love! I use it to deeply contour, as an eye shadow and to fill in my brows... I was previously using Embark for all purposes (which I still love) and before that Blunt to contour with... FN bridges the gap between Blunt's subtlety and Embarks super-pigmented color payoff with a rich brown shade with chestnut tones. FN is super pigmented as well so a tad bit goes a long way FYI

sss215

I know someone is going to consider this blasphemous, but I'm putting Violetta and Show Orchid in my B2M bag. I love the colors but I'm no longer fond of the finish. I'd rather use them to get something I really want. There are other companies,even MAC that makes those colors in a finish that I like more. I still haven't properly moved in to my new place but when I do there will be a major makeup purge. There is too much out there I want and I already have so much.
I thought it was just me. Violetta was so great when ignite it, bututjust fell flat. I mixed it with Sin for a while, but outgrew that one too and gave it away. I may put Violetta in the B2M bag too. it's just wack.

Prettypackages

LOL at just wack. It's funny how our taste change and how the hot it color then, is no longer on our radar. I think that's why I had to stop backing up products. I have a bunch of depotted shadows that I no longer want. I wish I could have a garage sale. LOL

Jayjayy

Can MAC make a collection where a WOC is the center...I mean damn. I'm happy for other people getting their shine on, but it would be nice if they came out with a collection filled with products that show up on medium-deep skin tones. You'd think with the popularity of How to Get Away with Murder, Sleepy Hollow (OMG I am obsessed witih SH) and Scandal they'd take advantage of it. People crave diversity.

Whew I feel better...so happy I found Specktra becaude nobody in my everyday life understands lol

sagehen

Anyone, anyone...question: is there another e/s out there similar to what MAC Black Gold was? It was just a dark matte black with gold flecks, but it seemed like a "warm" black, KWIM?

sss215

LOL at just wack.   It's funny how our taste change and how the hot it color then, is  no longer on our radar.   I think that's why I had to stop backing up products.  I have a bunch of depotted shadows that I no longer want.  I wish I could have a garage sale.  LOL 
so true. I got Violetta over 5 years ago and I tried to work with it. it's gorgeous with nightmoth or current but that sheen on it is

sss215

Anyone, anyone...question: is there another e/s out there similar to what MAC Black Gold was? It was just a dark matte black with gold flecks, but it seemed like a "warm" black, KWIM?
maybe MUFE ME624 Black Gold. it's a very deep dark brown with gold shimmer. not exactly black, but gorgeous color that can appear dark in many looks you would use black.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I don't know what kind of crazy [bad] luck I have with MUA/Sales Associates but my goodness... today at INGLOT I had this oddly aggressive, domineering SA go on and on about how she doesn't like colors, insinuating that black women (she was also black) shouldn't wear pastels, telling me that it's fall so why am I purchasing pastels, picking up shades that I clearly wasn't interested in. I was there to complete a bright pastel palette (it's like a brown-lady friendly version of pastels, a little deeper and more vibrant that traditional pastels but not jewel tones or flat out brights either) and she kept showing me everything but, not that I was asking for help, I was just swatching on my own. I laughed and awkwardly tried to engage with her because she wasn't going anywhere and I was more intrigued and perplexed than annoyed. I seriously couldn't figure out what her deal was. She even went as far as to pull out all of the eyeshadows she typically wears, telling me that these are also the same colors as the clothes in her closet. Then she went on a rant about how she is an artist, (she must have said "artist" 5 times; "See I am an artist and we are particular... It's makeup artistry, we are artists..."). So you're an artist but you shun color, think pastels are only for pale ladies and think that makeup should conform to the typical seasonal colors. Sure, that sounds about right. She then lets me know that when she shops for makeup she building "a look, a story, and by story I mean color story" rather than just buying random colors. I was like okay... I know what a color story is but thank you and I'm actually a Masters of Fine Arts candidate, so I'm pretty familiar with what it means to be an artist, but thank you gal for reminding me because I damn near forgot. Then she tells me that she likes to look like she has great skin and that she blends five different foundations together (I mean is that necessary? Not that I'm judging, do you boo, do you) and would rather people compliment her on her skin rather than her makeup. Meanwhile I just continued to nod and smile and swatch. This most have gone on for over 15 minutes maybe 20. It was so surreal....

Prettypackages

I don't know what kind of crazy [bad] luck I have with MUA/Sales Associates but my goodness... today at INGLOT I had this oddly aggressive, domineering SA go on and on about how she doesn't like colors, insinuating that black women (she was also black) shouldn't wear pastels, telling me that it's fall so why am I purchasing pastels, picking up shades that I clearly wasn't interested in. I was there to complete a bright pastel palette (it's like a brown-lady friendly version of pastels, a little deeper and more vibrant that traditional pastels but not jewel tones or flat out brights either) and she kept showing me everything but, not that I was asking for help, I was just swatching on my own. I laughed and awkwardly tried to engage with her because she wasn't going anywhere and I was more intrigued and perplexed than annoyed. I seriously couldn't figure out what her deal was. She even went as far as to pull out all of the eyeshadows she typically wears, telling me that these are also the same colors as the clothes in her closet. Then she went on a rant about how she is an artist, (she must have said "artist" 5 times; "See I am an artist and we are particular... It's makeup artistry, we are artists..."). So you're an artist but you shun color, think pastels are only for pale ladies and think that makeup should conform to the typical seasonal colors. Sure, that sounds about right. She then lets me know that when she shops for makeup she building "a look, a story, and by story I mean color story" rather than just buying random colors. I was like okay... I know what a color story is but thank you and I'm actually a Masters of Fine Arts candidate, so I'm pretty familiar with what it means to be an artist, but thank you gal for reminding me because I damn near forgot. Then she tells me that she likes to look like she has great skin and that she blends five different foundations together (I mean is that necessary? Not that I'm judging, do you boo, do you) and would rather people compliment her on her skin rather than her makeup. Meanwhile I just continued to nod and smile and swatch. This most have gone on for over 15 minutes maybe 20. It was so surreal....
that's wild. you are better than me. I was looking at shoes Monday and walked out of the store b/c the sales associate kept hovering. I know you work on commission, and I wouldn't try on a bunch of shoes and waste your time, but you're doing too much. I walked in and he was like hi can I help you. I said no, just looking. Then he commented on every shoe I picked up, so i went to an opposite corner, he hovered, then I went to another corner, he was like is there anything you are looking for. Yes, actually I was, but you've pissed me off, and I don't want to ask. I just left. LOL It was kind of intimidating.

But, uh, yhou had me at pastel palette, that is brown lady friendly. do share! LOL

Medgal07

She wouldn't have lasted 2 minutes with me----I would have said you're in my personal space and that makes me very uncomfortable-----and I haven't had my meds
today. For your own safety and well-being PLEASE WALK AWAY.

Medgal07

that's wild. you are better than me. I was looking at shoes Monday and walked out of the store b/c the sales associate kept hovering. I know you work on commission, and I wouldn't try on a bunch of shoes and waste your time, but you're doing too much. I walked in and he was like hi can I help you. I said no, just looking. Then he commented on every shoe I picked up, so i went to an opposite corner, he hovered, then I went to another corner, he was like is there anything you are looking for. Yes, actually I was, but you've pissed me off, and I don't want to ask. I just left. LOL It was kind of intimidating.

But, uh, yhou had me at pastel palette, that is brown lady friendly. do share! LOL
This is why online shopping is more & more appealing!!!

Latest posts