Rant about boobs and bras.

V15U4L_3RR0R

I love boobs I really do but sometimes they just grow at the most inconvenient times lol.

About two months ago I came into some money so I treated myself to new bras because I was in desperate need. I ended up spending £100 on bras and a top with a built in invisible bra which I love. But not long after I notice that they start to not fit right but I live with it for the time being hoping that my recent weight gain will go again (hence why my boobs got bigger and I was hoping they'd shrink again) now that I walk the dog for an hour everyday. But alas they did not shrink so I bought a new bra recently that was a cup size bigger that what I have been wearing and lo and behold it fits perfectly! Not really a bad thing but I'm just mad that the £100 I spent too months ago has now become redundant because they're too small. I might also mention that I have been shedding the gained weight but my boobs have decided to stay at 34DD(they used to be a 34D).

Lol it's a silly rant but yeah. Anyone else got silly or annoying boob stories to share?

ETA: I was also going to rant about the price of bras as well. I know it's good to pay the extra for a quality item especially an important one like a bra but still! I don't mind paying £10-£15 but most of the time I have to pay at least £30 for one bra. And because of that I don't own many bra's simply because I can't afford to have one for every day of the week plus extra. And the ones from say Primark are shit and don't fit my shape right at all.

SparklingWaves

I get to a certain weight and the bras fit fine. I lose even just a few pounds and it's bye bye to the the perfect fit. GRRR.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

I bought 3 bra's, THINKING they were the same exact brand and style as my other bras, but when I got them home, They were AWFUL! The shape of them was so wacked out!nwhat the heck!!! I guess I should have tried them on , but I thought I didn't need to because they looked the Same as my other bra and were the same brand! arg!

V15U4L_3RR0R

I hear you both. I've had the same problems except with the new site that I buy off which is pretty good for having consistant sizing even over different brands.

I wish boobs could stay the same shape even when you lost or gained a few pounds. *sigh*

CantAffordMAC

I have to go to a special boutique to get my bras. And I have yet to get a bra under $70. And my size is actually a 32 around but when i try a 32 on it is so tight that I seriously think I'm going to die due to suffocation/extreme rib breakage.

oh and I had a consultation for a breast reduction on thursday the 6th, and the doctor took an unexpected leave of absence. So my appointment was cancelled and I didn't know a thing about it. And they can't give me a time as to when I'll have another appointment. I have to wait until they get to me.

n_c

I can go on and on about this topic...im a 34DD. All that I will say is that its a total bitch trying to find good bras and when you think you found the perfect one...it gets discontinued.

Btw...can any of you lovelies recommend a good brand for my size.

n_c

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
I have to go to a special boutique to get my bras. And I have yet to get a bra under $70. And my size is actually a 32 around but when i try a 32 on it is so tight that I seriously think I'm going to die due to suffocation/extreme rib breakage.

oh and I had a consultation for a breast reduction on thursday the 6th, and the doctor took an unexpected leave of absence. So my appointment was cancelled and I didn't know a thing about it. And they can't give me a time as to when I'll have another appointment. I have to wait until they get to me.

I will be having my first consultation for a BR on the 17th, can wait. Keep us updated on your progress.

V15U4L_3RR0R

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_c
I can go on and on about this topic...im a 34DD. All that I will say is that its a total bitch trying to find good bras and when you think you found the perfect one...it gets discontinued.

Btw...can any of you lovelies recommend a good brand for my size.

Bravissimo | Big Bras, Lingerie, Swimwear and Clothing for big boobed women

Check out their site. They stock different bra brands that start from a backsize 28 and cup sizes go from D-K. They are amazing but I have no idea if they ship worldwide. Check them out anyway and see what brands they carry and you can always try and find the same brands where you live.

Jot

oh i so understand the bra issue. I don't think i can actually find one i like and is comfortable. Plus when they cost about £30 as you say its not easy to buy loads (thats three eyeshadows i could have just bought!!!!) Then when you do your boobs just go and grow.

I hate it also when big bras cover so much and come up so high you can't wear low tops.

I'll stop now or i'll be off forever. Just know you are not alone

Jot

Quote:
Originally Posted by V15U4L_3RR0R

Check out their site. They stock different bra brands that start from a backsize 28 and cup sizes go from D-K. They are amazing but I have no idea if they ship worldwide. Check them out anyway and see what brands they carry and you can always try and find the same brands where you live.

Another vote for bravissimo i have no idea what i'd do if they didn't exist!

n_c

Quote:
Originally Posted by V15U4L_3RR0R

Thanks for posting that link. See the thing is, I really dont have problems finding my size. It comes down to finding GOOD bras that will give me good support and nice shape. I hate bras with thick cups and the ones where the material shows through your clothes, hope that makes sense. Which would you personally recommend?

V15U4L_3RR0R

I recently bought their tango plunge bra by Panache which I love and it gives me a nice shape but it's unpadded however. They do padded plain plunge and balconette bras too which aren't very much. I suggest just looking round the site and reading the descriptions.

user79

I absolutely HATE bra shopping. I can rarely find a bra that I like and that fits. Thing is that I like really simple and plain bras, I don't like any of those lace and embellishments on them. And, I also don't like push up bras or anything that has too much padding. It's really hard for me to find stuff in my size as well. I'm just going to order from the Internet from now on. Plus, bras are way too expensive. What a waste of money.

MiCHiE

I love Fayreform bras. They are so pretty. Pricey, but worth it, IMO. I stock up when I can get them on sale at figleaves.com

NutMeg

I had the same problem with buying new bras and then growing. It's so frustrating, I really like my new bras! I haven't given in and gotten more yet, mostly because I can't afford to. *sighs*

V15U4L_3RR0R

I just don't see why they should cost so much when they are an essential item of clothing for women. It's so frustrating sometimes.

MiCHiE

Because they know the bigger you are, the more you're going to "need" them. It's just like milk, eggs and bread, IMO.

kittiegothgirl

ugh , dont get me started !!! :s
i am so frustrated because i cant find them in a big enough size that doesnt look like something my grannie would wear :s
,yesterday i was fitting BH's and none of the ones i liked they had in my size , so i was totally frustrated trying to squirm myself in the tinier sizes when the girl from the store came in "hheeey ,everything working out for you XD"
uuhm no!!! :s their biggest size in pretty BH's is a D ffs :s
and then she measured me ,while i already said my size but she didnt believe me for some odd reason..so ofcourse i had the exact size i told her , and she went to get these UGLY granny BH's that looked like someone threw up on them :s
ugh, i ended up buying nothing and leaving a frustrated sales girl
tong.gif

,the only solution for me now is to buy a BH in a really expensive lingerie store that makes em to measure
ssad.gif

buh
*end rant* sorry
tong.gif

purrtykitty

yeah...i've got the same problem as you. i gained a bunch of weight, therefore my boobs ballooned (the hubby appreciates them, though). anyway, a year ago i lost around 20 pounds - but my boobs stayed the same size...then i ended up gaining most of the weight back and my boobs ended up bigger than what they were before!!!
angry.gif
ok, it's not by much, but my boobs are spilling out of the 34DD bra that previously fit perfectly. ugh...and i hate trying on bras. i'm really just biding my time until i lose all the weight i want to (hopefully then the boobies will shrink some). and don't get me started on running and sports bras.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I absolutely HATE bra shopping. I can rarely find a bra that I like and that fits. Thing is that I like really simple and plain bras, I don't like any of those lace and embellishments on them. And, I also don't like push up bras or anything that has too much padding. It's really hard for me to find stuff in my size as well. I'm just going to order from the Internet from now on. Plus, bras are way too expensive. What a waste of money.

Same here. I don't like lace, or rhinestones, etc on my bras, I have a few very plain bras in a few pastel colors.

I also hate the bras that make it look like my boobs are living under my armpits, or camping out in the center. I just want them dead on ! not to the side!

Latest posts