Rant about boobs and bras.

labellavita7

I'm a 34DD and it is so hard to find a good bra, I hate how expensive it becomes to have to buy bras that fit correctly when you keep growing. I think my boobs have finished growing at this point (hopefully) so I suppose now would be a good time to invest in several bras. I just hate that I have to try everything on individually and can't just buy different colors of the same one. At VS, two of their Secret Embrace bras fit be just perfectly; however, I decided to pick another one up a couple months ago and skipped trying it on since it was in the same Secret Embrace line, and it did not fit right at all. Bra shopping is a pain in the ass. I just wish they weren't so expensive!

clslvr6spd

I love to buy new bras...I have just about every color from the "Very Sexy" line at Victoria's Secret.
I am afraid to buy ones with lace on them because of my barbells and that would be a bad day if that got caught eek! I also have the issue of trying to find a 34D in certain colors, I guess it's a popular boob size, lol.

Beauty Mark

I enjoy bra shopping, sort of. I like lace, prettiness, etc.

However, I have narrow shoulders, I'm a 32C/D (lost weight and am slowly regaining it), and I actually thinking I should wear a 30, because I am using the tightest hook setting. I just haven't felt like getting a smaller size, because a 32C/D is hard enough to find without breaking the bank. I can't imagine finding a 30D/DD without being broke. Actually, I think finding something that small is going to be almost impossible.

Krasevayadancer

Preaching to the choir there. As a 28gg, buying bras can be the most trying experience.

Online, I love to go to bravissimo, figleaves, and barenecessities.co.uk

I also go to this great little shop in the city that sells my favs like freya, primadonna, and fantasie. A pretty penny, but at my size i need comfort, support, and prettiness
smiles.gif

In regards to growth, I have gone from a 28d to my now 28gg over 3 yrs. That definitely hurt my wallet...

glam8babe

haha primark! yeh they are shit... i have a few but just for like fun.. u kno like matching n stuff for the bf lol... but i kno exactly what u mean! good quality bras are more expensive.. have u ever tried La Senza? they do good quality at decent prices and they also have a website if there aint a shop near you Lingerie at La Senza - Free UK Delivery
and i wish i was a double D lol lucky thing

xsnowwhite

ugh i hear you! but mine shrunk! whenever i lose weight its in the wrong places. Everytime. Never lose it from my face, waist or hips its always the boobs or the butt!

rebekah

i can't believe that you think 30 is expensive, i have to pay at LEAST $90 for a bra and on top of that get it altered!

be thankful!

I'm a 28E (E=DDDD)
(not to mention i am 5'5" , 114lbs and i have a tiny head so i look really fucking weird)

jeeez

MsCuppyCakes

Wow. Im ..JJJ and I buy my bras at Wizard of Bras in Monrovia, Ca. The staff is great and will order out of stock items.

chocolategoddes

I'm A 32G so I have to spend about 90 bucks for a well fitted decent bra. The one I'm wearing now is sooo nice but its 150 dollars. my friends are always joking about how i should do playboy and that guys are always checking out my tits. And now I'm not known as " the black girl" or " the funny girl" or even " the girl with lots of make up". I'm the "girl with the big mommas on her chest!"

Marielle001

I feel you on the annoying boobs! I wear a 34/36C... but they are too small in the cupsize and my boobs are always uber-cleavaged. I know I need to go up to a 34/36D at least, and all of my friends agree, but the C bras always seem so much prettier to me. Sigh. Having big boos is kind of a pain... they are pretty disproportionate to my frame and while I usually like the attention, it can get old.

MAC_Whore

Another vote for Figleaves. It's worth it to spend what you need to in order to get a good fit, IMO. Cheap bras break, hurt and look bad.

Cosmopolitics

Another hard-to-find size chiming in here - I'm a 30C.

Finding bras that don't cost a fortune and/or nice-looking are impossible to find. I've been trying to find a strapless bra in my size to wear with my wedding dress next year, and even Figleaves turns up nothing except one for those with breast implants. Absolutely nothing.

I hate it when Victoria's Secret is praised as the king of bras -- when in fact, it couldn't be farther from the truth. They only carry a very limited amount of sizes, and if you aren't a 34/36 A/B/C, tough shit, no nice-looking bras for you! It really sucks that small band sizes, petite sizes, and larger-cup bras are tough as nails to find in a design that doesn't look dowdy, or in the petite sizes, something that looks childish and immature.

I'm learning how to sew for this very reason. I have a difficult time finding things bras that fit, my very good friend stuffs herself into two 32 D bras when she should be wearing a 28/30 F/G because she can't find anything, either. I want choices in a bra that aren't white, black, and tan. I want bras that fit.

I am striving to become an expert bra-maker. Take that, cruel lingerie industry.
lol.gif

kittenluvsmac

Well, I don't have a large chest (I'm in between a B and a C, I think), but I do have an annoying problem that's been an issue for me ever since I started wearing bras as a teen. I have very narrow shoulders, and my bra straps constantly slip down--I mean constantly! It is so awful some days I just go braless.

The only solution I've found is to wear T-back or racerback styles, but it's so hard to find ones that fit in the cups properly. Also, I really dislike underwires because they poke, so I want wireless with a touch of padding. Apparently the style I want doesn't exist.
angry.gif

ratoo

Ladies, I feel the pain - I'm a 32HH. If it wasn't for Bravissimo I'd struggle. But seriously - what's with the majority of large bras being of the granny territory? The huge straps, ugly lace full cup coverage and coming in black, cream and tan. Its taken work to find interesting bras but i'm getting there - now if we could get more reasonably priced bras in larger sizes life would be sweet

*Stargazer*

I have stopped purchasing bras and wear nothing but tank tops with built in bras. That or even when I'm not nursing, I still wear my nursing bras. Elle Macpherson makes these amazing nursing bras that are among the only bras I can buy that fit well.

dollbabybex

does anyone here have implants??

i always have to remove the underwiring as they never are the correct shape!!! so annoying!!

im a 32f .

VeXedPiNk

I can totally sympathize with the growth issue! My boobs decided to go on a growing spree, topped off with some weight gain on my part that made them larger. I've shed most of the weight but they've stayed the same. My bra size is 38D.

I HATE bra shopping. Being of a small frame and only standing at 5'2", it is very hard to find a 38D bra that fits comfortably.

My biggest pet peeve though? The fact that no two bras ever seem to be the same as far as sizes. It seems like you can try on several bras in one place that all are the same size, yet none of them fit the same. ARGH!!

sitasati

Hmmm...I have a stupid question. What does the letter of the bra mean? I never knew what it meant. I just go and look for the bras that size. I'm a 38c. So what does that mean? The only brands I can wear though are maidenform and bali.

MiCHiE

The letter is the actual cup size, determined by the measurements of your chest and bust.