Rant about boobs and bras.

darkishstar

Bah. Though I barely have any boobage (I'm a 34A/32B) I find that my boobs... are in between sizes! The 34A is snug, but I can still fit them. Seeing as how I have no money at all to get new bras.. I have to stick with my 34A's even though the 32B fits better now! I know they say the 34A and 32B are sister sizes.. but there really is a difference!

And then, this might be because I'm Asian or my small boobs, but Victoria's Secret push-up bras don't work for me! They just won't give me cleavage! I tried on the bra with the Diamante heart in the middle.. and pulled it so it was really tight.. with the strap hanging off the middle so it was ugly.. and STILL no cleavage. They really don't work for me. =(

Beauty Mark

I think a brand makes "Almost" cup sizes, like if you're in between an A and B. I think it's Playtex, but I could be wrong

Cosmopolitics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
I think a brand makes "Almost" cup sizes, like if you're in between an A and B. I think it's Playtex, but I could be wrong

I'll confirm it, it's Playtex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
Bah. Though I barely have any boobage (I'm a 34A/32B) I find that my boobs... are in between sizes! The 34A is snug, but I can still fit them. Seeing as how I have no money at all to get new bras.. I have to stick with my 34A's even though the 32B fits better now! I know they say the 34A and 32B are sister sizes.. but there really is a difference!

34A and 32B have the same cup size, but different band sizes. However, it's very annoying that different brands will fit better than others. I wear a 30C, which is the same cup size as those two, but again, a smaller band. 32's ride up like crazy on me.

So if you are finding that the 32 band fits you better (most women DO make the mistake of buying a bra that has too large of a band and too small of a cup), the 34's probably don't fit like they are supposed to. Too big of a band will not give you enough support (even us small gals need some).

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_c
I can go on and on about this topic...im a 34DD. All that I will say is that its a total bitch trying to find good bras and when you think you found the perfect one...it gets discontinued.

Btw...can any of you lovelies recommend a good brand for my size.

Have you tried any Wacoal bras? I wear a 38C and Victorias Secret tried to fit me in a 34DD, 36C, 36D and nothing fit properly. The Wacoal bra I ended up getting fits quite comfortably. I usually would have boobage coming out the sides and the Wacoal has some added support to kind of hold it in better and the underwire doesn't dig like many of them do. If you want the exact style, just PM me and I can give you more info.

Editing to add... the style I wear is very smoothing, very little lace on it, so its very nice under tight/sheer shirts/blouses. It has nice support, lifts the girls up where they need to be =) and doesn't dig into the shoulders.

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmopolitics
I'll confirm it, it's Playtex.

34A and 32B have the same cup size, but different band sizes. However, it's very annoying that different brands will fit better than others. I wear a 30C, which is the same cup size as those two, but again, a smaller band. 32's ride up like crazy on me.

So if you are finding that the 32 band fits you better (most women DO make the mistake of buying a bra that has too large of a band and too small of a cup), the 34's probably don't fit like they are supposed to. Too big of a band will not give you enough support (even us small gals need some).

Bah, I think I was measured.. 2 years ago? But I think I got bigger ever since I got to college. I have a bit of boob spillage in the front, but it's not too bad. The support is fine. I just hate that I might have to rebuy all my bras. Boooo. Bras are so damn annoying! =(

Beauty Mark

2 years ago is a long time, especially if you've gained or lost weight. Since you say you're college, a lot of women are still growing and changing then. I was a small 32B when I started college and I went up a cup size, net-wise.

I was a 32D perfectly until about Sept. of this year and I had to rebuy my bras. I'm saving my old ones until I regain my weight

darkishstar

I've not changed in weight. (I managed to avoid the Freshmen 15!!!
greengrin.gif
) But it's true that my boobs could have grown. I should go get measured again. I really don't think I'll grow anymore, but who knows? I've had small boobies my whole life.
greengrin.gif
I thought that boobs don't grow anymore (unless you get pregnant) 2 years after you've gotten your first period? At least, that's what I've heard. That's why I was surprised that I fit a 32B nicely now over the 34A.

VeXedPiNk

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
I thought that boobs don't grow anymore (unless you get pregnant) 2 years after you've gotten your first period? At least, that's what I've heard.

Nope, not true. I hit a boob growth spurt when I was about 20 years old... definitely more than 2 years after my first period. It just depends on your body.

I think boobs just grow whenever they think it'll most annoy you, haha.

Ms.Amaranthine

I know cup sizes vary depending on the brand, but sometimes I go from a B to a D. I don't know if I'm a 34 or a 36. I genuinely think I'm always buying the wrong type of bra. I just don't have stores around here that do consulting, so for the time being, I'm on my own. They say you should be measured every year. I saw on Discovery Health that some 80% of women are wearing the wrong size for their body.

yummy411

i've gained weight after having a baby and then going on birth control which saddens me considering bras! while i wish my boobs were smaller, my biggest peeve is the shape. i don't have nicely centered areolas and nipples. my boobs are bigger on top, putting the areola lower.. i wish i was fuller on the bottom. so i'm always trying to find a big enough bra, a bra with adequate support AND something that will change the appearance of the shape of my breasts. i know they are huge, but huge and diving head first to my feet =((( i'm too young for this! so i started looking for 3 sectional bras (the cups are cut in 3 sections, helping to uplift the breast) SUPER hard to find. now i've resorted to the formed bras (???) they aren't padded so that breast can appear fuller, but they have that foam to give the breast better looking form. i'm sure there's a name/better description for it, but i'm new to them. this is my saving grace. i tried a target bra... just to experiment. not perfect, but i'm pleased. i'm looking for more!!! yipppeee... the only part is that i'm used to thick straps and more coverage on my back =/ than tiny bands. if you have a little extra baggage like i do, you'll understand why this is preferred LOL. i love that this topic is being discussed as this is one garment that will totally lower my esteem =/

V15U4L_3RR0R

I try and get measured every six months. But there can be a bit of variation wherever you go so I get a few different sizes to try on and then go for the one that fits me best and stuck with that.

I'm sure there are sites that can tell you how to measure yourself and work out your bra size. They won't be perfect but they'll be a good rough guide.

I just wish they did bras with padding over a D cup. I can't seem to find anything over a D that isn't padded. They all seem to just be unpadded lacy type things. I don't mind it much but I like the shape I get from padded bras and I think that unpadded ones make me look too pointy lol.

captodometer

My rant is the lack of size standardization: my bra size will vary depending on which brand of bra I'm buying. And size creep: I haven't gained or lost any weight in the last decade, but I somehow miraculously gained almost two cup sizes. I think it's vanity sizing by bra manufacturers; it's not like I suddenly started popping buttons off my older shirts and dresses!

One of the girls is a large B cup; the other is a small C. I wore a 34/36B in almost everything, until I started wearing Victoria's Secret. Then I was suddenly a 34C. I went bra shopping earlier this year at Bare Necessities: they carry multiple brands. 36D, 36DD on almost everything. And there were some brands where the 36DD was too small!

Beauty Mark

I wouldn't be surprised if there is vanity sizing in bras. So many women get damn near giddy when they go up a cup size.

NutMeg

^Hahaha! That was me when I finally broke into a B cup. I did a little dance, it was sad and joyful at the same time.

thestarsfall

Your breast never stop growing (or shrinking)...they fluctuate all the time. Hell, I gain like half a cup size (and then lose it again) every month just from PMS.

My bras will tell you I am a 38DD, but they are wrong. But I don't have the fundage to purchase correct fitting bras so I deal with the problems somewhat. I have to wear the back on the smallest one most of the time, and then I sometimes spill over in the front and get the "double each boob" effect. If I have money in the new year I will go to the one shop that I know of here and get sized.

And I NEED to have padding...I have pierced nipples...if there is no padding...everyone knows.