Real names on forums

Vicky88

Do you guys prefer your real names being used or do you prefer being known by your username on here?

On another forum I use, there are a select few of really active members (myself inclued) and we are quite a close bunch so we all know eachothers names and have nicknames for eachother etc. but on here it seems less like that? Less personal maybe?

There are definitely members that I see around a lot more than the rest e.g. shimmer, hyperrealgirl, misschevious, wattage, juneplum etc. but everyone seems to go by their username?

I usually prefer being called Vicky (which is why I normally have that as my username, or somewhere in there). It's more personal and makes it a nice little environment if we are all friends!

Anyway, I am just wondering. So if you prefer being called by your real name, tell me what it is in this thread or vice versa!

Corvs Queen

I prefer either or. Not much difference to me. Call me corvsqueen or call me Chrissy. Six in one, half a dozen in the other from where I sit.
smiles.gif

BinkysBaby

I love my name but no one can say it. My name is Ijeoma (pronounced E-ja-ma) so it's easier to go by my username. Some people call me EJ or IJ

duch3ss25

hi vicky, it's nice to meet you! i don't really mind the use of real name or username. for me, knowing the username of other members is just an easier way of knowing who's posting what since i can't possibly remember everyones name all the time. but this is a great idea for those of us who wants to know other people's real name.

anyhow, my real name is suerte but most people call me tet. my username, w/o the numbers, is a nick-name given to me by close friends (who are mostly males) a few years ago when we were on our summer trip in asia. another girl was called "princess" and to this day, the monikers stuck. anyways, family, colleagues & friends call me
"tet" and so i will answer to "tet" or my username in this forum!

Wattage

Haha - I don't mind that Specktraettes know my name but other places I never give it out.

I save it for friends
smiles.gif

ette

I usually use my name (Charlotte) but Ette is close because there was already a Charlotte here. I couldn't think of a name anyway.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
<----- take a guess.
winks.gif

Ummm... Dakota! Peiper? Sally?

Jaim

I'm a Jamie! There are a few other Jamies here (yay.
greengrin.gif
) so being called by my real name would get weird and confusing.

queenofdisaster

mine's heather... i just got my username from a song.. i use it for everything just b/c its easy to remember but i hate it now.. its kind of dorky. queen of disaster.. ugh... i wanna change it now.. but oh well!

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Now now, no need to point out my fug mannishness.

You're not even close to fug darling.
smiles.gif

Lady_MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinkysBaby
I love my name but no one can say it. My name is Ijeoma (pronounced E-ja-ma) so it's easier to go by my username. Some people call me EJ or IJ

Haha, same here. IRL and on another forum I'm just Z. My real name is Nzingha (N-zing-ga)
smiles.gif
However, on the really afrocentric forums they all call me Sister Nzingha or Nzingha.

I don't mind people calling me by my username at all, but I understand how warm it feels knowing everyones name. One forum I'm apart of requires proof of identity and admins approval to join, so we're all ultra close, and knowing each others name really adds to that.

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinkysBaby

what a beautiful name
icon_eek.gif
i love it!!!!

Vicky88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ette
I usually use my name (Charlotte) but Ette is close because there was already a Charlotte here. I couldn't think of a name anyway.

Ooh I always thought your name was Ette! I thought it was french or something lol.