Rebelrock thread!

moonrevel

I commented on this on lj as well, but man was the Rebel Rock display poorly designed! Someone was definitely out to lunch on this one. There was no place for the pigment, the eyeshadows didn't really seem to fit, and the lipsticks were really stuck in there. I envision lots of chipped testers in this collection.

And am I the only one who thought the Glitz Glosses were sort of cute?

black mamba

I ordered

Banshee e/s
Oi! Oi! Oi! and Plink Clash l/g
New Vegas skinfinish
and the blue piggie

I know I'm going to hate myself later for not getting Anti-Establishment.

MACgirl

i jsut cvame back from the mac store here, and returned with *drumroll* pink clash lipglass....and thats it!!!!!!!!!!!!!AHHH, lol, they had to get it that from the back, becuase they were checking in reblerock stuff, but i wanted the shadows and blue pigment, the shadows were still being checked in while blue pigmewnt stil lwasnt recived yet....joe the manager said to return in about four days...im so thier! lloll, and i turned in my app and resume!!!! i hope i get the job!! hey i got asked if i worked at mac today(wearing all black to turn in app and res) thats was so good to hear especially today!

roxybc

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrevel
I commented on this on lj as well, but man was the Rebel Rock display poorly designed! Someone was definitely out to lunch on this one. There was no place for the pigment, the eyeshadows didn't really seem to fit, and the lipsticks were really stuck in there. I envision lots of chipped testers in this collection.

And am I the only one who thought the Glitz Glosses were sort of cute?

I totally agree! The shadows looked as if the might even fall out of the display!!

I too was underwhelemed by this collection. I had really high hopes for this one, and was planning on buying most of the shadows and the lipglasses. In the end all I bought was Blitz and Glitz Fluidliner, but I'll probably go back for Shimpane (sp?) mineralized skin finish tomorrow.

Oh, and I didn't see the blue pigment at all, but I had no interest in buying that anyway.

Arlossiel

I wasn't crazy about this collection. It was cute, but not "wow!"
And here in Canada we apparently aren't getting the blue pigment? It never showed up on our site, there's no space for it on the display and when I asked my MA she said they decided to pull it at the last minute. Grr. I may have to beg a CP off of someone.

canadiangirl_1117

Well that went totally different directions than I thought it would.

Rebel Rock--NADA. I was going to get Pink Clash but it looks soo similar to Nymphette in all the pics and swatches I've seen, that honestly, I couldn't do it. thought about Living Pink, but I think it'd be too bright.

So I got 2 Skinfinishes instead. Stereo Rose and Porcelain Pink.

Moppit

They have the pigment in Canada. I was at the Bay/Bayshore in Ottawa today and it was just beside the display.

Arlossiel

Really? Our MA didn't really have a good excuse for why it wasn't there, maybe it just wasn't included in the shipment or something. Do you think it's worth having?

Jude

Just got back from Macy's and here is my haul, it was less than expected. I was disappointed in the LGs, they were not meant for my olive toned skin. I looked like a glossy lipped corpse
winks.gif

Anyway, here is my swag:

Glitz Gloss in Girl's Got It: I was ready to hate these from the negative buzz floating about but it looked so great when I applied it to my skin. Very shimmery and the chunkiness is actually lessened upon application.

Eyeshadows: Living Pink, Little Minx, Anti Establishment, Banshee (love this), Say Yeah.

Lipstick: Rebel Rose. Looks kinda like Moxie with a shimmery effect. Goes on smoother and lighter than Moxie too.

Skin Finish: These are GORGEOUS!!!!! I was only going to get one but I got three. Love these like I love puppies. I got: Stereo Rose, Metal Rock and Gold Deposit.

Blue Pigment: I would never not get a pigment.
greengrin.gif

shriekingviolet

I have a sample of blue pigment from before it was d/c, and it's practically identical to freshwater e/s, so if you can't find it where you are, I'd just pick up freshwater.

Can anyone compare Little Minx to Whim mineralized e/s from last summer? When I went to the counter I thought Little Minx looked really close in color to something I've either seen or have but couldn't put my finger on what until after I had already left, but once I got home and went through my makeup I thought it looked awfully close to Whim. Anyone have a chance to compare them more closely than I did?

rouquinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moppit
They have the pigment in Canada. I was at the Bay/Bayshore in Ottawa today and it was just beside the display.

aha!!!

another Ottawa member!!!

greengrin.gif

they had it at the St. Laurent store this afternoon too!

i got Pink Clash and Indie Girl.

i'm giving serious thought to picking up Banshee, but it looks a LOT like Naked Lunch - or is that just me????

greengrin.gif

Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrevel
I commented on this on lj as well, but man was the Rebel Rock display poorly designed! Someone was definitely out to lunch on this one.

HAHAHA! You're so right! The MAs were bitching about it too. They would take the time to press all the e/s pots back in their slots, and the first time anyone takes out ONE e/s, they ALL popped right back out! I made a comment about Quality Control being out to lunch
smiles.gif

killfemme

I got Indie Girl, Livin' Pink and Banshee. I LOVVEE Banshee, its so pretty. I'm getting some Skin Finishes soon.

shriekingviolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouquinne
i'm giving serious thought to picking up Banshee, but it looks a LOT like Naked Lunch - or is that just me????

Banshee is darker and almost mauvish on me, where as Naked Lunch is lighter, sheerer and more pink/peach. I wouldn't use NL as any more than a brow highlight as lighter colors don't show up on me and they just look like frostier versions of my skin color (I'm a NW20, btw). Banshee is dark enough I'd definitely use it as a lid color, possibly even in the crease.

In any case, I now have both and definitely think they're different enough to own both. Might even wear them together!

danadel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyKitty

Kristelle: Now, how would you compare Say Yeah to Paradisco?

Kristelle: The texture is probably better (I really like Veluxe Pearl!), but is it similar in color?

Amy: Yes, they are very close, but the Veluxe Pearls tend to have a richer pigment to them. I would say it is slightly stronger but still a peach like Paradisco

Kristelle: So a more pigmented Paradisco?

Amy: Yes, that is correct

Kristelle: And how is Living Pink compared to Pink Papillon? Brighter? Darker?

Amy: Extremely close, yes definitely a little brighter. I would say it has a light gold pearl to it too. It is more of a butter pink (a yellow pink)

Kristelle: Little Minx: Is it more blue or purple? I can't really see the color on the website.

Amy: It is definitely more of a plum/mauve medium intensity and has a slight pink shimmer effect.

Would it be possible for someone to do swatch comparisons for us of:

Say Yeah v. Paradisco or comparable
Living Pink v. Pink Papilliion
Little Minx v. whatever....?

I'd love to not have to get those if they're similar to other stuff..... Thanks if anyone can do it

midnightlouise

Ok, somebody on MUA mentioned that Indie Girl was like Sunnyboy in l/s form, anybody have any thoughts on that? I looked at Alexa's pics (awesome, btw) and I'm still not sure. Can anyone make a comparison?

AlliSwan

color comparisons& disappointments

I was sooooo jonesed for this collection and I kept going BAH at the people saying it was a disappointment, but....it kinda was. I didn't buy ANY of the shadows (little minx was exactly like violet pigment mixed with parisienne which I wear all the time, say yeah was too much like melon, anti-establishment is too much like silver ring, vellum well yeah, little pink too much like pink papillon, etc., etc., etc....). I didn't like the lipsticks--not my colors, but I did get sweetie with B2M. I wasn't planning on getting either fluidliner bc the purple looked too bright and i'm too pale for black liner, but they both surprised me so I got em....and I got stereo rose bc i love my blush to stand out...PHEW! But a lot wasn't fab. I hated the lipglosses and didn't like the glitz packaging. And the display was horrible. Cute but did NOT function correctly.

Lo-Fi_Thriller

i gots five eyeshadows excluding Vellum since i have it... 2 glitzglosses Ramoneo and Afterparty (its a bummer they have all the pretty shimmer on top and barely any inside), both lipglasses, 2 lipsticks Punkin and Indie Girl, Both the fluidliners and a sample of the blue pigment since i have freshwater...

its ok but im so mad they didnt have any 15 pan palettes will anyone do a CP for me? i will pay 15$ (12.50 for palette and the rest for shipping it to me ) i would gladly appreciate it..

ladybugz07

Today's Rebelrock haul:

Living Pink, Anti-Establishment, Say Yeah, Vellum, Little Minx & Banshee eyeshadows
Blitz & Glitz fluidline
Oi Oi Oi l/g
Rebel Rose l/s (B2M)
Stereo Rose skinfinish

I'm depotting the e/s and going back for Indie Girl l/s and maybe another skinfinish...
smiles.gif

Latest posts