Rebelrock thread!

laceymeow

i am so in love with indie girl!!
greengrin.gif
i just got it today and i just know i'm gonna need a few back-ups.

Demosthenes

Jumping in, because I'm not sure whether this is the right place to put our hauls (sorry mods, but feel free to move this if necessary)!

I'm pretty orgasmic right now. I love the skinfinishes to death, and I redid my makeup twice since getting home from MAC, LOL. I'll probably play with the collection more this weekend.

351561.jpeg

Demosthenes

Thanks! I went back and read the rest of the thread. I wasn't as disappointed as everyone, although I did empty out the other two lipsticks (not my color) and I passed on the non LE stuff.

Actually, Rebelrock was pretty awesome for me, because a lot of the shadows are frost finishes, which I like. The glitz glosses take some getting used to, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to find a use for it somehow.

I tried the Blitz and Glitz fluidline, and it actually looks really pretty on. It's kind of like Buried Treasure though, so if you have BT you can pass on the fluidline.

melozburngr

anyone else dislike the texture of the indie girl? its hell putting it on, sooooo not smooth... it actually pulls my lips and yeah.. feels rough..

killfemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by melozburngr
anyone else dislike the texture of the indie girl? its hell putting it on, sooooo not smooth... it actually pulls my lips and yeah.. feels rough..

I noticed it was a little odd, but its mostly cause of the shimmery stuff in it, I don't mind that much, especially with a light pink gloss overtop ;]

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

I just bought Living Pink and Banshee and Blitz & Glitz Fluidliner.. not impressed with the Glitz Gloss

Might go back for Anti Estab. Dunno about that.. and the Lipglass...
smiles.gif
Oi Oi Oi

mspixieears

I posted what I ordered under the haul thread, but here it is again anyway. Initially I was only going to get the 2 fluidlines but ended up with:

the 2 fluidlines plus
Anti-Establishment & Banshee e/s
Oi Oi Oi l/g
Vellum (which I'd wanted for eons) in pro pan

I also ordered Parfait Amour pro pan, Pink Grapefruit l/g from C-Squeeze

I think Blitz & Glitz will make a better eyeshadow than actual liner, that way you'll be able to see the gold glitter. People have said they use their f/l as bases sometimes, so I'm going to try it with that one.

rouquinne

thanks, violet! i'll see if i can get someone to try Banshee on me. i wear Naked Lunch on it's own quite a bit - i'm NC15-20.

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

Quote:
I think Blitz & Glitz will make a better eyeshadow than actual liner, that way you'll be able to see the gold glitter. People have said they use their f/l as bases sometimes, so I'm going to try it with that one.

Thats excatly what my MAC M/A said. She said it made a great smokey eye...
smiles.gif

Shanneran

my bay mac had the blue pigment (chinook mall) but it was hiding... i practically had to run behind the counter and pounce on it haha.... it wasnt on display at all... it was hiding at the bottle of a jar filled with lipglosses.... i saw blue.... dug the hand in and did a victory dance.. thank god the people there know im a freak or would have been slightly embarrased by myself.. i picked up some skinfinishes, the 187 brush, an irridescent powder, indie girl, some other lipsticks, and the tailormade irr. powder in coupe de chic

Jen1234

I must be in the make up minority because I really liked the entire Rebelrock collection. My favorites are probably Pink Clash and Little Minx.

nicole

Hi all! Not new here but this is my first time posting a reply!

I checked out Little Minx e/s yesterday, it's very pretty but it looks similar to Plum (from Madame Butterfly). Anyone has both of them who can do a swatch?

Thanks so much! :p

lola336

Here is what I got so far: Blue pigment, say yeah and living pink e/s, i had shimpagne and now i have porcelain pink, stereo rose & gold deposit. She also gave me a sample (YEAH!!!) of the blitz & glitz cause I wanted to get it but I wasnt thrilled on the lack of gold glitter...so she sent me off with some to try it out. I think ill have to get it even though there isnt enough gold in it for my taste. Oh and just to let everyone know..when i was contemplating the metal rock..the MA told me they only got in 30 of each s/f and only 10 bottles of the blue pigment...can you believe that....so now im going back to get more stuff..lol

sigwing

Quote:
Hi all! Not new here but this is my first time posting a reply!

Ditto Nicole!

I got the New Vegas and Metal Rock skin finishes from Nordstrom today, and couldn't tell what they were doing because of the sheerness, but then I thought after trying the Metal Rock I looked like I'd gotten some sun! Without looking like I'd used bronzer or tanning stuff....really a sheer & natural effect. And Banshee is the eyeshadow I've been looking for for a long time! I'd recently rediscovered Modesty out of a palette I have & of course it was an LE just in that palette, and Banshee is similar on me, maybe lighter but still a great nude type shade with a little sparkle. I haven't tried my Anti-Establishment yet.

I've made so many hauls lately, I need to have myself committed! The ladies at my local counter gave me an 800# to order the palette boxes, so I don't have to spend twice as much on one off ebay, and the nice person on the phone said I could order any of the colors except LE's in the pans to put in them, so I wouldn't have to depot any except the LE's. I had no idea....I've seen them on ebay so I thought they were just available to the pros, but hadn't bought any myself. me=duh Now I'm becoming an obsessed palette designer in my kitchen!

Oh....and so now I'm hoarding Banshee.....

Colorqueen

Blue pigment looks awesome mixed with Girl About Town lipstick. It is identical to Stiletto. That is a big thing for me because since they D/c stiletto, I have been quite upset.

I wear that color a lot. It is my fav of all time.

So that was the best RR thing for me.

Non conformist was good too. That is all I got.

mspixieears

Bah, I caved and got Rebelrose l/s & Pink Clash l/g - don't think Oi times 3 will suit me at all. It looks ghastly next to my skintone.

I'm a bit disappointed that Non-Conformist looks so similar to Iris Eyes...I know it's NOT the same but it's not different enough to me. I'm lusting after Macroviolet, which is distinctly different. Perhaps I should've passed on N-C.

Does anyone know if Little Minx e/s looks like UD's UV-B? The possibility that they do was the deterrent to me getting LM...hope I'm right so I can't kick myself for missing out.

Latest posts