Red lipstick

Mizz.Yasmine

Re: Red lipstick for me?

New York Apple
smiles.gif
dark hair and eyes with light skin would be beautiful with it.

User49

I'm NW20/sometimes NC25 with blonde hair and I LOVE RUBY WOO with Totally It lipgloss from Fafi over the top!
smiles.gif
xx

kelcia

I think russian red is great for pale girls. Like if you've ever seen russian people in movies like james bond that's the type of red they have and I always wanted that and I got it when I got russian red. I'd forgo the lipglass though that's the lamest thing ever.. Red and Matte.
Also Urgent! isn't a great idea for red.. more orangy than blue and you really have to layer it on. Still amazing lipstick tho.

SarahAfshar

It depends on your skin color, as well as, skin pigments/undertones. Hair and eye color also play a role, but only moderately.

If you have cool pigments/undertones, you would need a red lipstick that possesses cool colors, as opposed to warm. I would recommend "MAC lipstick in "Russian Red"

If you have warm pigments/undertones, you would need a red lipstick that possesses warm colors, as opposed to cool. I would recommend "MAC lipstick in Lady Danger"

Growing Wings

I used to love wearing red lipstick when I had red hair. But since going back to my natural colour (dark blonde) I feel like I just can't pull it off any more. I'm NW15 (just) with grey/blue eyes. I love bright lipsticks, but I just don't know where to start with reds. I've already got Venetian l/g, which is gathering dust as I just don't think it looks right. Does anybody have any suggestions, or should I just stick to the pinks?
tong.gif
There's a couple of pics of me in an old FOTD here http://specktra.net/f166/feeling-pink-96827/ if that helps at all!

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growing Wings
I just don't know where to start with reds. I've already got Venetian l/g, which is gathering dust as I just don't think it looks right. Does anybody have any suggestions, or should I just stick to the pinks?
tong.gif
There's a couple of pics of me in an old FOTD here http://specktra.net/f166/feeling-pink-96827/ if that helps at all!

It's entirely your choice, of course, and you do look great in pinks, but since you asked ...
You have such pretty lips, full and nicely shaped, that I think you can, as they say, totally pull off red lips.
I suspect that maybe you're just not used to seeing yourself in red.
I love MAC Lustre lipstick in "Ladybug" for a sheer but true red.
I have a good friend(NC15, brown eyes, brown hair) who couldn't find a red she liked on herself, either.
I even gave her "Ruby Woo" as a gift, and she tried and tried to make it work, but finally gave up.
She was still determined to wear red, though, and I suggested "Ladybug."
During the recent Friends and Family(guess who forwarded to her?) sale, my friend went to a MAC store, determined to come home with a red lipstick.
She looked at MAC Red and Ladybug, and ended up choosing MAC Red.
I think MAC Red looks great on her, but I can tell she's still uncertain about it, because she keeps putting Melon pigment over it.
th_dunno.gif

Red is tricky, but worth it, at least in my opinion.

MzzRach

I love Dubonnet. I normally wear a nude pencil when I do red lips - I use Creme O Spice cremestick liner and blend it out well (kind of "staining" the lips with it - and then do Dubonnet over that.

emmyengine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkischer04
Any light colored asians wearing red l/s's? If so what color do you like, can you post pics?

I'm NC20, obviously Asian (lol)- and I have two pics here with me wearing red lipstick...

Alta Moda:
Photo74.jpg

Dubonnet (I just went to slap this on upon seeing this thread haha so excuse sloppy application and lack of make up :p.. just giving fair warning...):
Photo82.jpg

Hope this helps someone!

yerbamate

I just bought Dubonnet as my first red l/s and love it! I need to find more excuses to do the red lip thing..
I really want to get Russian Red next. What pencil should i get though? The only one i have right now is burgundy.
Thanks!

yerbamate

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
A lot of ppl like Brick, but I use Red Enriched cremestick liner for ALL my reds ~ it works a treat
winks.gif

Thanks! That's good to know, i'll definitely consider getting the cremestick
yes.gif

xoleaxo

what red are you NC30-35's wearing? i love that retro pin-up look, but Port Red isn't doing it for me..

doodles

I just got Lady Bug l/s and red enriched l/l. I have NC20 skin, brown eyes and red hair. I've been told by many that this is a good red to get your feet wet with.
winks.gif
What else do you think would be good for me? I love the bombshell, classic pin-up look.