Red lipstick

KTB

Re: Red lipstick for a beginner?

Thanks Shadow
smiles.gif
He's definitely a keeper. I've been drawn to Lady Bug online so I'll definitely add it to my list.

Patricia

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmac
I'd try Venetian lustreglass to begin with.

agree!!!

Jennifer Mcfly

I agree to start with a sheer gloss (i love venetian lustreglass) then as you get used to it, add a red lipstick over the gloss for a little more color. as you get comfortable you can start reversing the order and put lipstick on first and gloss second...or no gloss at all!!
good luck!!
red lipstick = Love

LeeanneMarie

I second LadyBug. Its a lustre too, so its a sheerer formula. And like its been said before, make sure you use a red lipliner.

Oh and your son is adorable!

urbanlilyfairy

THe only Mac red shades im comfterable wearing outside of my home lol ..are Ladybug l/s ...love Mac lustres ... and Venetian L/g alone or paired together ..but I definetly love ladybug more than the others. Im nc 25.

ladybug gets my vote =P

KTB

Lady Bug seems to be pulling away from Russian Red and I must admit that it scares me less when I look at the swatches online
greengrin.gif

LeeanneMarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTB
Lady Bug seems to be pulling away from Russian Red and I must admit that it scares me less when I look at the swatches online
greengrin.gif

That, and Russian Red l/s is a matte formula, and I find it enhances every little crevice or imperfection in my lips, unless I use a gloss over it.

I would still consider getting a red lipglass, however. But Lady Bug is still awesome.

ginagate

I'd go with NARS flamenco, it's a sheer red that can be applied heavier for more intensity. It's my 'work red' along with NARS' Spanish Red.

newagetomatoz

Re: warm toned red lipstick from MAC

My personal fav is actually from mark. It is their Glamazing lip and cheek rouge in Screen Scarlett. So awesome! But if you are looking to go the MAC route, then I suggest Lady Danger, Chili, Dubonnet, or Eager. HTHS!

D0ll.Parts

Re: Anyone else have a RED lipstick phobia? (And recs please!)

I personally really like russian red, and i'm pretty pale.
i think there is, like many others have said, a red for everyone :].
Just sometimes it takes a little while to find it.

Susanne

I am NW 20 and I really like to wear red lipstick.

I wear Viva Glam I with lip pencil Auburn or Russian Red with lip pencil Cherry. I apply the lipstick with a brush.

My MA once said to me: "You must wake up in the morning and say - today is a day for Viva Glam I!"
I listen to this feeling in the morning
winks.gif

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlstar
I am blonde, blue eyes, NC20, and I have a red lipstick phobia too.
smiles.gif
I just can't get it to look good on me!

I'm an nc25-30 and i found that Modern Ms. from the barbie collection is very flattering on me. If you can get one i would, it has brick tones which work well with our skin tone. Also try New York Apple but it is more of a pink in my opinion.

Kuuipo

Red lips are tricky. Reds can make thin lips look like two thin red lines. Reds require the right base like liner all over the lips, applicication of lipstick and blotting till you build up to the right colpour that will not migrate off the lips onto the face or teeth. What looks great in the tube or on your friend may look not so good on you (MAC's O looks like I was asphyxiated, Russian Red is way too cool-and thin) Sometimes a deep rose or a moccha'd or plummy red can work better. (On warmer skins) Blood Reds like Fire Down Below (NARS) work well as a stain, and a clear red gloss or laquer can be applied to a lighter red (Sucess, SCarlett Empress, Viridiana) to ampify the redness and shine without making the lips apperar too flat or thin. (Matte red is very old lady)

eye_pr0mise

i have a red lipstick phobia, i dont think i could pull it off.
ive never really tried it but ive been wanting to buy one to
try it out. but i dont wanna dish out the money on something
that im not too sure about /=

nooeeyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlstar
I am blonde, blue eyes, NC20, and I have a red lipstick phobia too.
smiles.gif
I just can't get it to look good on me!

Try MAC's Russian Red. Its similiar to that vibrant red that Christina Aguilera wears. She was actually my inspiration in wearing red.
Russian Red is a true blue red..bonus is..it makes your teeth look lighter
Hope that helps
yahoo.gif

Latest posts