Red lipstick

KIT

red lipstick

im looking for a red lipstick. Matte and bold. any suggestions?

Fairybelle

^^^These are all good suggestions. You should try them all out in person and see which one you finally fall in love
eyelove.gif
with!

NikkiHorror

Russian Red is my everyday lipcolor. I can never have enough stocked up! I use Portside Cremestick Liner with it, too.

kimmy

Cherry l/l and Redd l/l would give you a bold red matte look
smiles.gif
as far as lipsticks though, i agree with MACred, it's absolutely gorgeous!

attacuswings

I think it also depends on your skintone and what sort of shade you're looking for. I personally like cool, blue toned reds. I agree that Russian Red is amazing though - matte and bold, definitely. I also really like the Formal Black Red Lip set. Casanova is a lustre red that's only available in that set and it's gorgeous.

L0VELY

I haven't worn red lipstick before, and I'm not sure of how to wear it and what to wear it with. I have Russian Red lipstick, and a Cherry lip pencil to go with it. What should the rest of my makeup be? And how do I start with the red lipstick? I'm a bit scared
oh.gif
. But yes, and I think I'd prefer having a glossy finish on my lips rather than matte. Would clear lipglass be okay, or should I purchase a red lipglass (possibly Russian Red / Venetian lustreglass)..? Or should I just start off wearing the lipglass on its own, and then sort of ease myself into the red lipstick?? I'm dying to try it out, but a bit scared.
And for lipglasses, which would be the best red lipglass for NC30-35 skin (if I'm wearing it alone)?? Should I also purchase a red lipstick with a different finish, like Ladybug, before wearing Russian Red???

OH MAN, that's a lot of questions. Sorry.................. :|.

TIA!!!
greengrin.gif

maxcat

Ease off on everything else with a strong lip - keep your eyes fairly neutral but emphasize your brows and your lashes. As for lipglass... the clear one gives a nice vinyl kind of look.

freaksinunif0rm

I just wore the russian red as it was XD.

I don't like using lip brushes so I apply from the tube...but don't smother the whole thing on your lip. Line them first then "pat" the lipstick onto your lip to fill them.

That always works for me. Afterwards, use the liner to reshape or whatever.

If you want extra extra red, use venetian lustreglass over it. But I like the bold matte finish, so I don't bother :]. Anyhow, don't worry too much about it, and just give it a shot.

prinzessin784

when I wear red lips I either do a pale smoky eye or a very neutral eye. Something like Shroom all over, a little Sunnydaze pigment in the crease, and thin black liner with lots of mascara.

It's a good idea to start off with just the red gloss if you're not quite sure how to wear red on your lips. That's a good way to get used to it and be comfortable with it! When you're ready to get a little more bold, line the lips with your red pencil, smooth on the lipstick and blot it and then apply the gloss to make it more natural looking and not globby or anything.

I hope that helps!

NikkiHorror

Russian Red is my [almost] everyday color! It's such a great color, I love it sooooo much! Cherry lipliner is perfect for it too! Fill in your whole lip with the lipliner first, and draw it extra hard around the eges. I'd use a lip brush for precision application of the lipstick. Make sure to go to the VERY edge of the lipliner mark, and fill them in!. If you want extra definition, you can use a dark red lipliner like portside lightly around the edges after lipstick. And if you want glossy, just use clear lipglass, red lipglosses don't look much different over the top of red lipstick, so don't spend the extra money.
smiles.gif

Keep your eyes very neutral, but you can opt to use black eyeliner and loads of black mascara to make your eyes stand out nicely.

1 more thing, guys go CRAZY for red lips, so don't hesitate to learn!

Cruzpop

Best red lipstick color for a NC43?

I've been thinking a lot lately about getting myself a TRUE red, lipstick.
I've seen Ruby Woo and Russian Red at MAC. They both look great.
Any suggestions?