Reel Sexy & Trés Cheek

StyleBlack

I know this thread is completely useless without pics, but I saw the lipsticks and blushes in person at the store today! I'm NW45/47-ish for reference.

Reel Sexy:

Reel Sexy:
It's *nothing* like any of the coral lipsticks that have come out recently. It's lighter, softer, and more peach. It's a lot softer on than it looked in the tube. As usual, because my lips are darker, I could only dab it on before it looked all kinds of crazy. It's a lot like Jazzed on me, but more vibrant/saturated. Shows texture like a mother, but no surprise there. It had to grow on me, but in the end, I really liked it! I think a LOT of girls will like this one, especially if you are NW/NC 40 and below.

Heroine:
I didn't try on Heroine (Idk where my head was at!), but it looks sooo pretty in the tube! It's a less radioactive purple version of Violetta.

I didn't get a chance to look at Pink Popcorn.

Trés Cheek:

Hits:

Modern Mandarin:
This one is lovely. On my skin, it reminded me a lot of a powder version of Optimistic Orange. On lighter skin, it was definitely more red-orange. It's kind of reflective, so a sheer layer of it looked a tad ashy on me. I had to layer it on before I liked the color.

Peony Petal:
Love! lol It's a very bright blue-pink, but it's so fun & vibrant. Can't wait to pick it up. I wonder how it compares to Azalea.

Lovecloud:
It's a more peachy-pinky shade. It's quite pretty and girly. I liked it, but at first glance it wasn't a must-have. I'm sure I'll change my mind when I see it again, though lol

Misses:

Full of Joy:
... lawd.... frosty, reflective, greyish.... everything I don't want in a blush. BUT a friend tried it on (NC20), and it looked beautiful and so unique on her. It's like Budding Love in a blush form... it's soft & kind of pinky-purpley.

Pink Tea:
Okay, I didn't try this one on... but it looked boring, and I could already tell it'd be ashy, so I didn't waste precious swatching time.

Immortal Flower:
It's a beautiful, soft shade, but it wasn't pigmented enough to look good on me. I think NC/NW 42 and lower will like this one. If you liked Fresh Honey, you'll probably like Immortal Flower. :)

BeautyByLele

At first I was saying I was going to pick up quite a few of these blushes but the more I think about it I think im only going to get two or three . . . MM, PP and FOJ (maybe), im not sure it will look good on NC50.

Oh, from Reel Sexy . .. I think im going to get all the lipsticks except Pink Popcorn cuz I have Budding Love, dont know how similar they are but if its in the the same family I can skip it. Most likely I will pick up ALL the Cremesheen glosses as well

Copperhead

All I know that I want for certain is Heroine lipstick. Not really sure about anything else at this moment.

afulton

Thank you for your review on this collection. I can't wait to check out the blush collection.

DILLIGAF

I'm going to ahead and say it. Modern Mandarin seems to be the stand out and the must have for all skin tones from the Tres Cheek collection. I know I want it and so do most of the ladies and gents posting in the Tres Cheek thread. In addition to this blush I'm also going to give Immortal Flower a look. As for the Reel Sexy collection the only thing that has caught my eye so far is Heroine l/s. The rest of it I can't say yea or nay to until I swatch.

sss215

Thanks Style Black! I am going to go for Heroine lipstick, the darkest cremesheen glass, and Modern Manderin first.

Baby1black

Is anyone going to get pink cult. I did not get it in the genius collection and do not know whether it would suit WOC. If someone of color has it could u give me input as to whether it works or not?

StyleBlack

Is anyone going to get pink cult. I did not get it in the genius collection and do not know whether it would suit WOC. If someone of color has it could u give me input as to whether it works or not?
I'm NW45/47, and it's an ashy mess :-\ I swatched yesterday. It's similar to Strada.

Ladies, Heroine is a HUGE go. I took a swatch last night, but went to dinner, and I had to wash my hands :'( lol but it's SO beautiful. Make sure you get it if you like purples. Violetta is a bit brighter, but it's a very similar shade, and of course, it's matte. Not the semi-matte like Force of Love, but a truer matte, and not dry feeling. I love it and can't wait to have it in my greedy little hands.

Pink Popcorn surprised me!! I tried it and it is SO wearable for WOC! Way more so than Budding Love. It's sheer (lustre finish), with a hint of pinky-purple colour. It's not as dark as Up the Amp or Dish it Up, and not as pink as Budding Love. It's quite lovely. On lighter skin (NC 20), it didn't look that special, to be honest. My friend's lips are naturally pink, so it just looked okay on her. I liked it a lot more on me. :)

StyleBlack

Thanks Style Black! I am going to go for Heroine lipstick, the darkest cremesheen glass, and Modern Manderin first.

I tried the coral cremesheen and it's beautiful! the lavender cremesheen reminded me a lot of the lavender cremesheen (ever so rich) that came out with Cremeteam collection in '09. Anyway, as with all light lavender anything, I thought it looked terrible on me.

aradhana

i got pink cult, and i like it on me...i'm nc 44/45...
i can't recall what i wore it with most recently, but it just kind of brightened things up a little...

Copperhead

I'm NW45/47, and it's an ashy mess :-\ I swatched yesterday. It's similar to Strada.
Ladies, Heroine is a HUGE go. I took a swatch last night, but went to dinner, and I had to wash my hands :'( lol but it's SO beautiful. Make sure you get it if you like purples. Violetta is a bit brighter, but it's a very similar shade, and of course, it's matte. Not the semi-matte like Force of Love, but a truer matte, and not dry feeling. I love it and can't wait to have it in my greedy little hands.

Pink Popcorn surprised me!! I tried it and it is SO wearable for WOC! Way more so than Budding Love. It's sheer (lustre finish), with a hint of pinky-purple colour. It's not as dark as Up the Amp or Dish it Up, and not as pink as Budding Love. It's quite lovely. On lighter skin (NC 20), it didn't look that special, to be honest. My friend's lips are naturally pink, so it just looked okay on her. I liked it a lot more on me. :)
As I posted above I thought for certain I'd want Heroine but after seeing MAC-Guy's swatch I'm not so sure. I wanted Heroine to be bluer. I wore Violetta today and Heroine seems a lot like it. I may go for Pink Popcorn or something like Seasoned Plum or Goes and Goes instead.

bobbiedoll03

So far my list includes:

MAC Tres Cheek
Modern Mandarin
Peony Petal

I am on a lipstick no buy...I have way way way too many that I never wear!

TXBeautyBaby

I went to Nordstroms yesterday and preordered Modern Mandarin and Herione!
mac_addict.gif

kimbunney

So much for me skipping these...anyway I want Pink Popcorn so bad now. I have a feeling its everything I wanted Budding Love to be. I do like Budding love now it looks great with green eyeshadow I just wanted that pale purple color with hints of pink. I have a feeling its going to go fast so I better be checking the site regularly. Also I want Herione l/s and I'm thinking of getting WMS, but I need to go look at some pictures of it on more WOC. I'm really not a fan of stuff with orange and corals it looks funny on me, my opinion at least.

I don't even know what I want from the blush collection...I need to think on it some more.

Baby1black

You have to get WMS on me it turns more bright pinky corally.hope this pic helps.

So much for me skipping these...anyway I want Pink Popcorn so bad now. I have a feeling its everything I wanted Budding Love to be. I do like Budding love now it looks great with green eyeshadow I just wanted that pale purple color with hints of pink. I have a feeling its going to go fast so I better be checking the site regularly. Also I want Herione l/s and I'm thinking of getting WMS, but I need to go look at some pictures of it on more WOC. I'm really not a fan of stuff with orange and corals it looks funny on me, my opinion at least.

I don't even know what I want from the blush collection...I need to think on it some more.

Latest posts