Resolution "LOW-BUY" 2014! Who wants to play?

mosha010

runs out and snitches on Glittervegas.. sees Pixie is not in her chair, and that half the class is on other threads buying up whateverthehellisintheturqouise boxes:haha:
Ah shit.... *walks back to chair* Please get Mosha back in the chair too to keep me company... She left awhile ago! Heehee
@Naynadine, hey girlie I've been meaning to check in & just say hi. The Saturday before last, I think I woke up with terrible pains, I was literally crying. So tomorrow I'm having 1 day surgery, scope done. I've just been taking it easy. Although idk why I haven't been on Specktra lol Oh, maybe cause I got a new phone & it didn't have my sign in info lol. But thanks for thinking of me, hope all is well with your family & every one else. Oh, didn't get anything from AA collection & it didn't bother me one bit! Although I may get a lipglass, we will see. Wish me luck tomorrow luv lies.
I'll keep you in my thoughts & prayers doll! Let us know how the surgery & recovery goes.
This post was/is really helpful. I want to "low buy" eye lashes and individual eyelash extension equipment. Does anyone know a quality place that won't break my budget?
I'm a cheap skate when it comes to lashes! I buy the bulk 10 pair boxes from China on eBay.
I'm sitting on the chair! U just can't see me cause I'm so shamed I'm wearing a blanket over my head like a ghost lol. I'm actually oficially skipping Osbournes. Lorde. And Pedro. Moody blooms might get the ax soon the only thing keeping that list alive is Copperthorn...

mosha010

Quote:Originally Posted by mosha010

I'm sitting on the chair! U just can't see me cause I'm so shamed I'm wearing a blanket over my head like a ghost lol.

I'm actually oficially skipping Osbournes. Lorde. And Pedro. Moody blooms might get the ax soon the only thing keeping that list alive is Copperthorn...

yeah yeah you said that about AA too.. lol.

you and Pixie are in cahoots
Hehehhehehe I know. I have the worst character. Show me a pretty swatch and I'm blindsided

liba

yeah yeah you said that about AA too.. lol.

you and Pixie are in cahoots
lol - all these years on Specktra has made me come to two conclusions:

#1: If they say they're skipping a collection entirely, the number of things they actually buy will be in direct counter proportion to the amount of outrage and disgust for the collection displayed before it came out.

#2: When they ogle a lipstick before there are any swatches or one crappy instagram snap with a filter all over it, the more they will hate it and never wear it in proportion to how much they drooled over it before they ordered it at 3am in a crazed stalker session.

th_WeAreDoomed.png
busted.gif
specktra_welcome.gif

User38

lol - all these years on Specktra has made me come to two conclusions:

#1: If they say they're skipping a collection entirely, the number of things they actually buy will be in direct counter proportion to the amount of outrage and disgust for the collection displayed before it came out.

#2: When they ogle a lipstick before there are any swatches or one crappy instagram snap with a filter all over it, the more they will hate it and never wear it in proportion to how much they drooled over it before they ordered it at 3am in a crazed stalker session.

th_WeAreDoomed.png
busted.gif
specktra_welcome.gif
lmao.gif

the truth and nothing but the truth

Glitteryvegas

Hey Low buy Ladies!

I did not low buy today. In fact, I ended up with four eyeshadows, two lippies, and a lip glass. I may try for one more shadow. No blushes or bronzers for me, thanks - it's all about eyes!

I am very happy with what I purchased and I'm thankful I was able to get into the store quick!

I knew this would be a huge haul for me, but I feel good because I'm skipping Osbournes and Maleficent. I may check out a fluidline from Moody Blooms, but like @Audrey C, I'm laying low this summer!

I think it's safe to say that most of us blew the low buy this time around. More resolve for us next time ladies! xo

User38

Hey Low buy Ladies!

I did not low buy today. In fact, I ended up with four eyeshadows, two lippies, and a lip glass. I may try for one more shadow. No blushes or bronzers for me, thanks - it's all about eyes!

I am very happy with what I purchased and I'm thankful I was able to get into the store quick!

I knew this would be a huge haul for me, but I feel good because I'm skipping Osbournes and Maleficent. I may check out a fluidline from Moody Blooms, but like @Audrey C, I'm laying low this summer!

I think it's safe to say that most of us blew the low buy this time around. More resolve for us next time ladies! xo

darling we blew the low buy straight to the stratosphere.. all us, me included.

liba

here here...

is it ok that i don't even feel bad about it? ;)
if you're gonna do it, no point in beating yourself up about it after the fact.

the only thing you ought to do now, though, is just make sure you WEAR all of it! Crack it open and start slapping it on first thing tomorrow!! One good thing about this collection is the colors are quite workable for wearing in the daytime, in an office setting, along with in the evening or on a casual trip to the grocery store. SO USE IT, now that you have let the cat out of the bag.
th_hug.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
darling we blew the low buy straight to the stratosphere.. all us, me included.
I wasn't that bad.
angelic.gif
Just 2 itmes more than planned - which were on my wishlist, but I didn't plan to get them this month. I still feel like a proud low-buyer and I'm waving over to you guys sitting in your chair.
wavey.gif
girlhaha.gif
I will try really hard to not buy any makep next month, just some skincare that is nessecary.

To be honest, I'm a little surprised that people go crazy over AA, it doesn't seem that great of a collection to me... besides the packaging.

Rinstar

lol - all these years on Specktra has made me come to two conclusions: #1: If they say they're skipping a collection entirely, the number of things they actually buy will be in direct counter proportion to the amount of outrage and disgust for the collection displayed before it came out. #2: When they ogle a lipstick before there are any swatches or one crappy instagram snap with a filter all over it, the more they will hate it and never wear it in proportion to how much they drooled over it before they ordered it at 3am in a crazed stalker session. :doomed:  :busted: :specktrawelcome:
Hahaha so true! I'm not really sure what I'm doing in this thread.... I think I got lost on the way to the Osbourne's thread...

CrimsonQuill157

I wasn't that bad. :angel:  Just 2 itmes more than planned - which were on my wishlist, but I didn't plan to get them this month. I still feel like a proud low-buyer and I'm waving over to you guys sitting in your chair. :wavey:  :haha:  I will try really hard to not buy any makep next month, just some skincare that is nessecary.  To be honest, I'm a little surprised that people go crazy over AA, it doesn't seem that great of a collection to me... besides the packaging.
I agree about AA. I got Enchanted One because I have nothing like it (I used to not like nudes).

Glitteryvegas

I wasn't that bad.
angelic.gif
Just 2 itmes more than planned - which were on my wishlist, but I didn't plan to get them this month. I still feel like a proud low-buyer and I'm waving over to you guys sitting in your chair.
wavey.gif
girlhaha.gif
I will try really hard to not buy any makep next month, just some skincare that is nessecary.

To be honest, I'm a little surprised that people go crazy over AA, it doesn't seem that great of a collection to me... besides the packaging.
I love, love, love this collection. I love EDES, they are amazing to me.

I guess the colours aren't that revolutionary, but really, what collections do have revolutionary colours? Every colour is out there, in every formula. When you really think about it, most people buy for the packaging, to build their collection with colours they are missing, or for the hype I guess. I loved this collection, but other collections/brands that people go gaga for I don't get at all. That's why I love specktra - exposure to things that I never would have known/thought of before!

I'm proud of you for not going nuts with this collection, despite all of the chaos around you in Specktra-land! Did you get the bronzer? That compact is just stunning!

shellygrrl

Staff member
None of the new or upcoming MAC collections have anything of interest to me, except for one of the eyeshadows in Moody Blooms (the teal one) and Pure Heroine, both of which I will likely skip. For June I'm going to do another "focus on this palette" thing. It'll be UD Naked, so I can finally make a decision on whether to keep it or list it. I also need to make decisions regarding my two Sleek palettes (Bad Girl and Ultra Mattes Darks). Bad Girl has some colours I love, but I just don't reach for it. Ultra Mattes Darks also has some great colours, but they're very difficult to blend.

PixieDancer

I wasn't that bad.
angelic.gif
wavey.gif
girlhaha.gif

I honestly felt the same way about AA at first... Not really sure what happened! LOL
I can say if these products had been regular shadows, I wouldn't have gone so crazy. But that ED formula really sucks me in. And I have never been disappointed in a single ED product I've purchased. And then they had to introduce those new ED bronzers, and I wasn't sure which one to get... so both made it home to me. Nothing on its own seemed all that special. I guess it was the overall impact (based largely on the packaging & formula)that did me in.

Quote: Originally Posted by shellygrrl

None of the new or upcoming MAC collections have anything of interest to me, except for one of the eyeshadows in Moody Blooms (the teal one) and Pure Heroine, both of which I will likely skip.

For June I'm going to do another "focus on this palette" thing. It'll be UD Naked, so I can finally make a decision on whether to keep it or list it.

I also need to make decisions regarding my two Sleek palettes (Bad Girl and Ultra Mattes Darks). Bad Girl has some colours I love, but I just don't reach for it. Ultra Mattes Darks also has some great colours, but they're very difficult to blend.
I am looking good for upcoming collections as well. 3 things from MB, 3 things from Osbournes, maybe 1/2 things top from Pedro. Skipping Pure Heroine.
Bac on track with my goal after my epic fall from the wagon!

Which UD Naked palette are you trying to decide on? Naked 1?

And it sounds like you already did a good job of talking yourself out of those Sleek palettes!! HeeHee

ILoveMakeup84

So I cleaned my makeup stash yesterday and have 18 products for B2M!! Yaay! I will be getting 2 l/s for me and 1 for my mom :) It feels good cleaning a little lol Also OT but can you B2M Viva Glam lipsticks?

jennyap

Hi lovely low-buy ladies :) I've been AWOL for a while, got behind while I was on my anniversary trip to Paris (fabulous, BTW) and I hate posting when I'm not caught up 'cos then I lose my place and I have a total thing about reading eeeverything lol. Finally read all the way up to date so I can post again! Looks like quite a few of you have been going through a rough time, can't begin to quote all of you so I'll just give huge ((((hugs)))) to everyone. I was very good in Paris, despite dragging the hubs into Sephora I didn't buy anything! Bit overwhelming really. But I did use the chance to swatch a few things (the Marc Jacobs foundation, for one) for potential future purchases. I have made a few purchases since I was here last. Like a lot of others I fell for AA quite hard. I always knew it would be a tough one for me, as I love the ED formula. I almost have to force myself to reach for any other blushes these days, and I use the shadows a lot when I'm in a hurry and want a quick look. I didn't buy blind though, waited until I could swatch and make an informed decision. A couple of things that tempted me but I was on the fence about kept looking better and better in other people's swatches, but I resisted the urge to go back for a second pass, which is definitely an improvement over past behaviour. My AA haul - 1 lipstick (GotS), 3 EDES (SS, SW, FD - all gorgeous and unlike anything else in my collection), 1 EDB (SMHM) and the compact. I did literally buy it for the compact, don't care about the product, but it was paid for with loyalty points not real money anyway. I'm planning to switch it out with a blot powder to carry with me, and the bronzer itself will probably go in my swap list. I also got 2 items from Proenza Schouler (Mangrove which is OMG amazing and I think I need to wear again tomorrow! and SB) and a Dior Fluidstick. I really like the Dior, but none of the other colours in the range appeal to me, so I'm happy to stick with 1. Then I had a splurge at SpaceNK when they had their summer GWP event, the gift is freaking amazing. It was all planned purchases, mostly skincare I needed that I'd been holding off buying until this event. The two MU items I bought were also ones I'd been waiting to buy for an age - got my first Hourglass Ambient Blush (Luminous Flush) and the Nars Light Reflecting Powder. I realised that the only loose powder I had was a drugstore one that was 5+ years old, so no qualms about binning that to make room for a better replacement! It really is better too, amazing in fact. I've barely worn foundation this week, but even on bare skin the LRP makes such a difference. Sounds like quite a bit when I write it all out like that, but everything I mentioned has gone into regular usage and getting plenty of love, and overall for the year so far I'm doing pretty well. Out of my main permitted items, I have purchased: 5/12 Mac lipsticks 0/2 glosses 3/24 eyeshadows (think I can safely cut that limit down to 12!) 2/6 Mac blushes 1/4 Dior items which is not bad for this stage of the year. The only real failure is the catch-all allowance I had for 'other' items, I have already used all 6 slots. What I've realised looking over the list is that 4 out of those 6 were drugstore items that I maybe used once and then haven't touched since. I always tend to go for a higher end product, so the lesson there is no more d/s items 'just to try' because they're cheap, unless I know for sure I'll love and use it I can't buy. Skipped Patent Polish, By Request, Studio Sculpt, & Maleficent. Still waiting for Playland to lauch here, and I think that will be a 2-3 item purchase (all l/s), so within my 3 per collection limit. Pedro I will get one or two of the glosses (assuming it releases here) as those are unique enough to be worth using my gloss 'allowance' up on. I thought the Osbournes, especially Kelly, would be a real problem for me, but at the moment it looks like I can easily stick to 3, and I might even be able to skip completely. Unsure about Lorde, if it's online only I'll skip as I want to swatch. Moody Blooms is the next thing that's looking dangerous. Eek, sorry for the epic post, that's what happens when I don't post for 6 weeks! Promise it won't happen again *slaps own wrist*