Resolution "LOW-BUY" 2014! Who wants to play?

shellygrrl

Staff member
Which UD Naked palette are you trying to decide on? Naked 1?
Yeah, Naked 1.
And it sounds like you already did a good job of talking yourself out of those Sleek palettes!! HeeHee
:lol: The matte palette has some colours I like and would use; it’s just the formula that sucks. So what I’m going to do is go dupe-hunting and – if I don’t have something similar already – get singles. Bad Girl is one I thought I’d use more often, but yeah. To the Clearance Bin it’ll go.

PixieDancer

Bad Girl is one I thought I’d use more often, but yeah. To the Clearance Bin it’ll go.
Naked 1 is my most used Naked palette. Probably because I've had it the longest and am most comfortable with the looks I have mastered with it. It really became my go-to palette for awhile. Naked 2 is my curse right now. I just always reach for Naked 1 out of habit and haven't given Naked 2 much love. So maybe I'll try your challenge with Naked 2.

Try Inglot for some really nice, affordable mattes if you're looking for some individual shades that are good quality that you know you'll use.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I love, love, love this collection. I love EDES, they are amazing to me.

I guess the colours aren't that revolutionary, but really, what collections do have revolutionary colours? Every colour is out there, in every formula. When you really think about it, most people buy for the packaging, to build their collection with colours they are missing, or for the hype I guess. I loved this collection, but other collections/brands that people go gaga for I don't get at all. That's why I love specktra - exposure to things that I never would have known/thought of before!

I'm proud of you for not going nuts with this collection, despite all of the chaos around you in Specktra-land! Did you get the bronzer? That compact is just stunning!
Thanks :) Yes, I got the bronzer, the only thing I bought from the collection. I love the colour of the packaging, so pretty!

Yeah, it all comes down your skintone, what kind of products you like, etc I guess. The products and the shades in AA aren't really for me so that's why I'm not interested. I know if there would be a collection suited for fair skintones with beauty powders etc there's a good chance I would go crazy for it too.

CrimsonQuill157

I ended up getting What Comes Naturally lip liner. So 2 things from this collection. That's been average for me... Two lipsticks from FOF, two from Playland, and a lipstick and liner from AA. Not too bad.

Debbs

Hey ladies, I am ashamed to show my face in here but its the best place to cool off. Not too happy with myself during AA but by the time I disburse items to everyone I really didn't do as bad as it appear. Got a Sultana back up, mailed off extras, my friend bought 2 Modern Lure he asked me to get. One for his wife and the other for his dgt. I have my sis Modern Lure gloss to give her. I was able to send the full set of 6 EDES for a member. I got the last Seduced at Sea blush and Delphic for another member. I have Silver Sun for someone as well. Swapping and juggling still going on behind the scene so I have a few things from AA will come my way next week. I had a Nordies GC for $50 from my birthday last year and a $25 Macy's reward certificate. I do have a return to make but I forgot to bring the item so I will do that next time. It has been fun and for the first time this year I am enthused about a Mac collection. I am skipping Pedro and the Osbournes collections. Moody Bloom end of June will be 2-3 es.

ILoveMakeup84

Hey ladies, I am ashamed to show my face in here but its the best place to cool off. Not too happy with myself during AA but by the time I disburse items to everyone I really didn't do as bad as it appear. Got a Sultana back up, mailed off extras, my friend bought 2 Modern Lure he asked me to get. One for his wife and the other for his dgt. I have my sis Modern Lure gloss to give her. I was able to send the full set of 6 EDES for a member. I got the last Seduced at Sea blush and Delphic for another member. I have Silver Sun for someone as well. Swapping and juggling still going on behind the scene so I have a few things from AA will come my way next week. I had a Nordies GC for $50 from my birthday last year and a $25 Macy's reward certificate. I do have a return to make buy I honestly forgot to bring the item so I will do that next time. It has been fun and for the first time this year I am enthused about a Mac collection. I am skipping Pedro and the Osbournes collections. Moody Bloom end of June will be 2-3 es.
Debbs you rock! You are so generous in helping others get the products they wanted! Huge hugs to you sweetie!

Debbs

@Ilovemakeup84, thanks darling! I don't mind as long as I don't get stuck with stuff and the interest on my CC gets high waiting for someone to get a item they want. Its a hard decision at times because I don't want to return if I can help it and Mac tends to restock as well. Decisions, decisions, lol.

User38

<peeks in>

runs out with hair on fire
th_happy1.gif

shellygrrl

Staff member
Naked 1 is my most used Naked palette. Probably because I've had it the longest and am most comfortable with the looks I have mastered with it. It really became my go-to palette for awhile. Naked 2 is my curse right now. I just always reach for Naked 1 out of habit and haven't given Naked 2 much love. So maybe I'll try your challenge with Naked 2.
Dooooo eeeeeeeet! :nods:
Try Inglot for some really nice, affordable mattes if you're looking for some individual shades that are good quality that you know you'll use.
Inglot's a brand I've been wanting to try out for a while, so this is exciting! :) I'll likely buy a bit from that and a bit from Makeup Geek (also inexpensive and great quality).

PixieDancer

Inglot's a brand I've been wanting to try out for a while, so this is exciting!
smiles.gif
I'll likely buy a bit from that and a bit from Makeup Geek (also inexpensive and great quality).
Dooooooo eeeeeeeeet! LOL
Inglot has every shade you could imagine! I like MUG too (I have 9 of her shades) but Inglot has the best variety I have seen in a cost effective makeup line! Especially those unique matte shades you were talking about. Inglot is THEE way to go for those shades!

SleepingBeauty

Thanks for all the suggestions re: grey eyeshadow, I've written them down and will look at them in the next few weeks!

I've been MIA again but life's busy at the moment and there aren't any news from me concerning my low-buy.

Congrats to everyone who stuck to their low-buy during the AA release and to the others - don't feel bad about getting more than you had originally planned. It happens and I'm sure you'll like your new items. I'm still using my AA goodies and it's been nearly a month now since the release.

awickedshape

All the same for me ! I have bought less this year, been cheating with other brands lol (mmm Chanel). I will not set a limit for the number of items, since I can skip an entire collection... and then can splurge on the ones I love.
I have skipped all the riri collections, will not buy anything from Punk Couture (beautiful colors but totally unwearable for me), only bought 3 items from Tropical Taboo, and so on... but I loved Induldge... so I induldged lol !
My objective for now in make up is focusing on a pretty skin, so I will consider that I can buy any product that will follow this path (foundation, powders like MSFN, bb creams etc). I must avoid blushes, MSF's and eyeshadows. I never really liked glosses, I have a few so I'm good. My lipstick box is overstuffed, so I know I can't buy more if I don"t sell/swap !
I feel pretty strong now and I hope everybody in this tread will !!! Set your goals !
drinkup.gif
Hear, hear
drinks.gif

I want, mainly, for my skin to be as good as possible w/o makeup, and I can just add what I feel like and not what I feel I have to.

And thanks to @PixieDancer for starting the ball rolling

DarylandCarole

I'm sitting on the chair! U just can't see me cause I'm so shamed I'm wearing a blanket over my head like a ghost lol. I'm actually oficially skipping Osbournes. Lorde. And Pedro. Moody blooms might get the ax soon the only thing keeping that list alive is Copperthorn...
Here's an early wedding present for you, Mosha! I followed this raccoon around tonight to get a few photos for you. Too bad the best pic I got was of it's butt!