Resolution "LOW-BUY" 2014! Who wants to play?

PixieDancer

Ahahahhaaaaaahhahahaaa! I LOVE these coon pics @burghchick! It's Mosha's BFF! HeeHee
And just saw your purty pics in the AA thread, but had to get the hell out of there fast! Cannot be enabled for one more thing! I may never be let back in this thread (or off this damn chair) if I get anything else!

Jaymuhlee

You did better than me with AA. I have 14 things and I still want Silver Sun. But I am loving everything I've got! I'm not even looking at The Osbournes or Pedro, and I probably don't need Lorde since I have so many purples. I will buy a few things from Moody Blooms but not many. Now I need to find a good organizer for my make up because I'm out of room on my current little 4 drawer ones. I don't have much counter space so I need something tall. suggestions?.
God, I don't know! I'm in the middle of reworking my studio, which is essential a messy second bedroom room filled to the brim with old art school supplies, crafting goods and lots of makeup. I'm open to storage suggestions myself. Right now I have an old writing desk I use as my vanity with two fira chests from Ikea and everything that doesn't fit is in boxes. It's a mess.

The photo you posted in AA wearing CW over PMP has me totally regretting not buying it!

DarylandCarole

God, I don't know! I'm in the middle of reworking my studio, which is essential a messy second bedroom room filled to the brim with old art school supplies, crafting goods and lots of makeup. I'm open to storage suggestions myself. Right now I have an old writing desk I use as my vanity with two fira chests from Ikea and everything that doesn't fit is in boxes. It's a mess. The photo you posted in AA wearing CW over PMP has me totally regretting not buying it! 
Which one? CW or PMP? I'd bet that there are other glosses that could sub for clear water. There are SO many beautiful glosses. I'm a sucker for pretty pearlized or shimmery glosses. Your make-up storage sounds like mine! I have mine in some drawers and some craft storage containers. The craft containers do work pretty well but they're just not big enough. I know that Pixie bought organizers recently. Muji brand, I think.

PixieDancer

Your make-up storage sounds like mine! I have mine in some drawers and some craft storage containers. The craft containers do work pretty well but they're just not big enough. I know that Pixie bought organizers recently. Muji brand, I think.
Yep... I got Muji drawers and an Elfa System from the Container Store... I'm loving my storage! I have a thread if you wanted to check it out... Gimme a sec and I'll post a link.

PixieDancer

Here ya go....

http://www.specktra.net/t/188190/my-current-makeup-storage-aka-this-is-why-i-put-myself-on-a-low-buy-pic-heavy

PixieDancer

CW! I didn't even think to look at the glosses until I saw someone layer WD over PMP and I immediately, unexpectedly, bought both during the Macy's launch lol. I'm not generally a gloss girl but the combo you were wearing looks awesome.

That's an amazing setup! I have a two small 3-drawer sets from the Container Store but the Elfa is impressive.
I was inspired by a beauty blogger to get the elfa. She was the only person I had ever seen use it... everyone seems to go for the Ikea stuff. And I didn't want that. And it wasn't super expensive, so if I decide on something different later, it won't be a huge loss. And I could easily use the elfa storage for other things! And they are completely customizable! You choose the size, the # of drawers, anything you want really. And the CS does a 30% off elfa sale 1x a year!!

DarylandCarole

Yep... I got Muji drawers and an Elfa System from the Container Store... I'm loving my storage! I have a thread if you wanted to check it out... Gimme a sec and I'll post a link.
I miss The Container Store! I had a store by me in Atlanta and Cali but there are NONE here. Ugh. It's such a great store. Thanks for the link to your posts, Pixie! I also understand about the AA thread, too. I have bought several additional things after seeing them on other's posts.

PeachTwist

Still alive. Just been AWOL due to feeling crap but I'll be fine.

Off to Liverpool today for tattoo removal session. Might peek in the MAC or Illamasqua store, but I'll see how I'm feeling at the time.

Hope you're all doing well.

awickedshape

@Naynadine, hey girlie I've been meaning to check in & just say hi. The Saturday before last, I think I woke up with terrible pains, I was literally crying. So tomorrow I'm having 1 day surgery, scope done. I've just been taking it easy. Although idk why I haven't been on Specktra lol Oh, maybe cause I got a new phone & it didn't have my sign in info lol. But thanks for thinking of me, hope all is well with your family & every one else. Oh, didn't get anything from AA collection & it didn't bother me one bit! Although I may get a lipglass, we will see. Wish me luck tomorrow luv lies.
Hey take care

awickedshape

That's exactly what we are all trying to do! Spend Less. Enjoy More! Check out the first post for some helpful links and info!! Glad you decided to join us! Jump right in... we're here to help and support you in any way you need us to!
I am hoping to spend less lol There are only so many things I can use, I'll never hit pan or finish most of them

DarylandCarole

Still alive.  Just been AWOL due to feeling crap but I'll be fine. Off to Liverpool today for tattoo removal session.  Might peek in the MAC or Illamasqua store, but I'll see how I'm feeling at the time. Hope you're all doing well.
I was wondering how you were! Glad to see a message from you. I hope you feel good enough to enjoy your day.

trina11225

I had enchanted one and the purple eyeshadow from the Aqua collection, as much as I like the packaging, The lipstick may have to go back. It is a dead on dupe for Wet n wild bare it all. And less drying too. The packaging is so beautiful through, but wasting money, i dk.

Dominique33

I am trying to use it up all but it is somewhat difficult. Today I put Dior np " Diablotine " ( 2013 ) on my toes, and I am keeping a diary ( with all makeups day by day ), buying less ?
nocomment.gif
I can do it as far as nail polishes are concerned, I already started purchasing less ( passing on most collections, not all though ).

CrimsonQuill157

I had enchanted one and the purple eyeshadow from the Aqua collection, as much as I like the packaging, The lipstick may have to go back. It is a dead on dupe for Wet n wild bare it all. And less drying too. The packaging is so beautiful through, but wasting money, i dk.
Maybe put it on the CB first? I know there are ladies who are having skippers remorse over there lol

Paint&Ink Chick

Hey ladies, Happy Sunday! Someone please catch me up lol. My Lil 1 day surgery went well, the nurses were extremely sweet. And it helped my son's bff mom is a ER nurse. Although I didn't see the doctor..hmmm, guess he came was I was knocked out lol. But I'm doing ok. I did miss mom's day, so hope everyone had a grand day. How's everyone doing on the low buys?

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
@Paint&Ink Chick I'm glad to hear the surgery went well! @Paint&Ink Chick

Well, I placed some orders this weekend... no makeup though. Skincare (Avene, Paula's Choice BHA samples) and the Aveda paddle hair brush. I wanted a good brush for a while now and I was undecided between the Aveda and the Less is More one, but the Aveda was cheaper plus extra 10% off and I also got some face cleansing cloths as a GWP.
My skin is in terrible condition today. I think the Avene Triacneal is a great product, but I think it's too harsh for my very sensitive skin. Or maybe I just can't use it everyday and should only use it 1-2x week. Will try again when my skin has calmed down. Right now I feel like Freddy Krüger, lol.
I plan to use the BHA stuff on my problem areas (chin & nose) only, defintitely not all over. It seems acids are what I need to get my crazy flaking patches and clopgged pores in control, I just need to find the right product now I guess. Seems difficult when you have very sensitive & dry skin.

Where are @mosha010 and @HerGreyness ?

Medgal07

Hey ladies, Happy Sunday! Someone please catch me up lol. My Lil 1 day surgery went well, the nurses were extremely sweet. And it helped my son's bff mom is a ER nurse. Although I didn't see the doctor..hmmm, guess he came was I was knocked out lol. But I'm doing ok. I did miss mom's day, so hope everyone had a grand day. How's everyone doing on the low buys?
So glad to hear you're okay P & IC
bouquet.gif

Medgal07

@Paint&Ink Chick I'm glad to hear the surgery went well! @Paint&Ink Chick

Well, I placed some orders this weekend... no makeup though. Skincare (Avene, Paula's Choice BHA samples) and the Aveda paddle hair brush. I wanted a good brush for a while now and I was undecided between the Aveda and the Less is More one, but the Aveda was cheaper plus extra 10% off and I also got some face cleansing cloths as a GWP.
My skin is in terrible condition today. I think the Avene Triacneal is a great product, but I think it's too harsh for my very sensitive skin. Or maybe I just can't use it everyday and should only use it 1-2x week. Will try again when my skin has calmed down. Right now I feel like Freddy Krüger, lol.
I plan to use the BHA stuff on my problem areas (chin & nose) only, defintitely not all over. It seems acids are what I need to get my crazy flaking patches and clopgged pores in control, I just need to find the right product now I guess. Seems difficult when you have very sensitive & dry skin.

Where are @mosha010 and @HerGreyness ?
Way too quiet w/o them isn't it?
lol.gif