Resolution "LOW-BUY" 2014! Who wants to play?

charlotte366

I know, I also think it wouldn't be loved if I did buy it, I love ashes to ashes and Lhasa but my god created women palette doesn't get a lot if love. I think I am craving it as I had a rough week at work, I think my makeup shopping can be blamed on my emotions, turned the laptop off in an effort to avoid it. Hopefully it will sell out soon!

IHughes

I used to do that too. For some reason, it bothered me to not finish a product. Especially if it was LE and took some serous stalking to obtain. But one thing I'm quickly realizing... life is WAYYYYY TOO short to use things you don't love just because. If you HAD to... that's one thing. But if other products are just sitting unused that might be winners that you LOVE, why waste time using other products that you aren't crazy about!? I'm trying to live more in the moment. Makeup should be fun. Not stressful. Let it go. If it's not for you, let it go. :bigthumb:
Thanks for your opinion, I actually think you're right as I'm using my least favourite instead of the things that really work!! It's hard at the moment to let go of those lipsticks I bought but perhaps it would be better as they don't work on me!!

veronikawithak

I have cold sore when it is really cold outside or really hot, maybe it is a change of weather and not because of makeup?
Interesting! I don't think that's it since it's been pretty mild here lately.. I rarely get them but when I do it's after a really bad cold or if I have a fever. However, there were a couple of times I remember as a kid finding an old lip balm in the bottom of a drawer and slathering it on only to wake up with massive blisters which is what made me think it might be the lip products. I'm not too broken up over it, the only products I'm tossing are 2 lip glosses and a few almost empty balms I've been using. I've got to be real with myself.. if I couldn't use up two itsy bitsy MAC glosses in a whole year (actually not even a quarter of them!) they have to go and I need to be more selective in the future.

veronikawithak

Hopefully it will sell out soon!
I find if I can delay purchases for a few days the desire slowly diminishes. I tend to want to shop when I'm bored or as a reward for something positive/comfort for something negative (covering all bases lol!). Maybe put it on a list and wait a week or so to see if you really still want it? Or make a rule that you have to use EVERY neutral eyeshadow you have in your collection at least once before you buy it? That one is a real wake-up call!! Lol.
001_unsure.gif
I found the colors really similar to other neutral palettes and also the swatches on Temptalia looked pretty terrible. HTH.

Kaori

Ah I want the narsisst palette, its just out in the uk, Its def a want not a need, because.....

I already have 30 mac neutrals in pro palettes, naked 1, 2, 3 and basics, laura mercier artist palette and nars and god made women palette. I also have singles of lharsa and ashes to ashes.

Yet I still want it! What is the matter with me!

Help me!!!!
Skip lol it didn't perform good in swatches and you already have similar nars palette =) And when you don't even use that one often, you wont be using the NARSissist one either ^^ It will just sit around in your drawers and the plastic packaging will get gross over time, I soooo hate their packaging ugh

Ajigglin

Hi Ladies! I know this is off topic, but I just wanted to share something with you all - I've been waiting for this moment for years and years & I'm just so excited!  I just got hired as a substitute teacher! WOO HOO! :pompom:   I think this relates to the Low-Buy becuase I can now funnel my energies into my career instead of just shopping haha!
Congrats, my dear!

SleepingBeauty

@Naynadine, take care! @Glitteryvegas, this is awesome! Congrats to whoever is staying strong on their low-buy! I'm struggeling right now becauseI spend a lot of time on my computer (doing stuff for university), so it's only natural for me to klick through some onlineshops and every damn time I find something that is attractive to me. I nearly ordered a few brushes by Zoeva this afternoon because I feel like I need to stock up on good quality brushes and I don't want to spend so much money on MAC brushes since Zoeva makes some nice dupes. I would've ordered my foundation by MAC as well but I'm trying to hold off this order until the end of January or maybe even February. I've spent enough money already. The order would've come up to a total of about 55€ (including a discount of 10%). Surfing through the web also made me want to get Benefit's Rockateur blush, although I've got some pretty similar ones (such as MAC's Cubic). I've hit the pan on Cubic today and I made a deal with myself: If I still want Rockateur when I finish Cubic, I will buy it.

veronikawithak

Surfing through the web also made me want to get Benefit's Rockateur blush, although I've got some pretty similar ones (such as MAC's Cubic). I've hit the pan on Cubic today and I made a deal with myself: If I still want Rockateur when I finish Cubic, I will buy it.
Deals with yourself are always good! :) I think waiting to use up a similar blush before you buy a new one is a great compromise, and it will motivate you to finish the products you have!

IHughes

I'm feeling quite happy with myself because I made a list of products I was lusting and it's quite small!! Some time ago it would have been enormous!! At the moment the things I'm lusting for are: - Narcissist eyeshadow palette (tough to resist as I haven't got any NARS shadows and I'd love to try them. - Benefit Rockateur (I haven't got any like it but it's perm so no problem) - One huggable to try the formula (I wouldn't be tempted if they weren't LE, I'm only curious about the formula) - Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita eyeshadow palette (I have Glamour Muse and love it, I may ask for this for my bday in July, but no risk in me buying it!) So quite pleased with this!! I think I may also take your advice and sell or give away the items I don't like. At the moment they're the ones I most use as I want to use them to death in order to finish them hahahha!

veronikawithak

So quite pleased with this!! I think I may also take your advice and sell or give away the items I don't like. At the moment they're the ones I most use as I want to use them to death in order to finish them hahahha!
Gold star for you!!
th_star.gif
That's awesome! Cull those sub-par items, it's liberating! My lust list has multiplied from one product to like 5 overnight..
blush-anim-cl.gif
I really want to try one of the NARS Sheer foundations and their Radiant Creamy Concealer. The only current match I have is MAC MSFN in Light and I want to find a liquid foundation..F&B C1 and Matchmaster 1.0 are both way too dark/yellow in winter (or maybe they oxidized, IDK). Siberia might just do it! I'm forcing myself to wait until I finish up the 2 powder foundations I have so that's thankfully keeping me at bay. I'm also peeking in at the Proenza Schouler thread because of the ombre powders.. Hoping to hate them as swatches come out so I can skip right on by.

kerry-jane88

Gold star for you!! :star: That's awesome! Cull those sub-par items, it's liberating! My lust list has multiplied from one product to like 5 overnight.. :blush: I really want to try one of the NARS Sheer foundations and their Radiant Creamy Concealer. The only current match I have is MAC MSFN in Light and I want to find a liquid foundation..F&B C1 and Matchmaster 1.0 are both way too dark/yellow in winter (or maybe they oxidized, IDK). Siberia might just do it! I'm forcing myself to wait until I finish up the 2 powder foundations I have so that's thankfully keeping me at bay. I'm also peeking in at the Proenza Schouler thread because of the ombre powders.. Hoping to hate them as swatches come out so I can skip right on by.  
Shiseido do very good pale foundations :)

IHughes

Shiseido do very good pale foundations :)
Wow I thought I was light haha! I'm the lightest shade in most or all the foundations I've tried. Face and Body C1 is ok on me though as is Matchmaster 1. Dior BB cream oxidises SOOO badly on me though! Trying to go through the bottle in summer and even so it's still too orangey!

veronikawithak

Wow I thought I was light haha! I'm the lightest shade in most or all the foundations I've tried. Face and Body C1 is ok on me though as is Matchmaster 1. Dior BB cream oxidises SOOO badly on me though! Trying to go through the bottle in summer and even so it's still too orangey!
Haha I didn't think I was that light until I kept trying the lightest shades and having none of them work. F&B and Matchmaster were okay for me until fall when they were horrible. I basically have two problems: 1) My skintone is neutral so anything that leans too far one way is too much. 2) My t-zone is darker than my jawline/neck/chest and I like to match to the lighter skin.. MAs always want to match me to the darker parts but then I get photoshop face. Not the flawless, airbrushed kind of photoshop either.. Like this, but reversed:

I'm happy with my MSFN but some days I'd like to be able to amp it up! I'm also using Kat Von D's powder foundation (lightest shade 44) and that still leans too pink/dark for me while the other shade was too yellow/dark.. #life'ssohard

kerry-jane88

PALE BEAUTIES! I think this is a good place to talk about pale foundations, as we're low buy, we don't want to be buying too many wrong shades amirite!? [@]veronikawithak[/@], [@]IHughes[/@] my pokemans, let me show you them: First pic big swatch, second pic blended out
204d11b5_DSC_0983.jpeg
df9239a3_DSC_0987.jpeg
Top is Shisiedo Dual Balancing Foundation in 100 Very Light Ivory I bought this one as Evan Rachel Wood said Marilyn Manson recommended it to her! It is expesnive but its got great pigmentation for such a pale shade so a little goes a long way. I have a feeling they may have discontinued this one and bought it out under a different name. Middle is MAC Studio Sculpt NC15 Way too dark on me so I gave it to my sister who uses it. Interestingly my sister is like opaque china doll white, kind of like Kelly Osbourne? and manages to wear this sheered out without it looking orangey at all. Guess im too blotchy! Bottom is Dior Nude 010, looks the darkest of the three but its quite light so when its spread across my face it gives me a nice healthy look that isn't orange at all. BB CREAMS I have acne and im oily as feck so I prefer using lighter formulations. I use Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint and it is VERY sheer. For days when I want more coverage I use Dior Nude Rose BB, it is a pink tone but I like it. CONCEALERS I use ELF stick foundation as a concealer! When im wearing the dior nude foundation I can also use the ELF maximum coverage concealer, as that's slightly darker than 'pale' I just got Bobbi Brown tinted eye brighter in no 2 light bisque and its very good. I used to use Illamasqua concealer in 115 but it's SUPER pale and you can only se that one if youre going to be using the matching illamasqua foundation really, which is one shade pinker than white! I think I might try Liz Earle Signature foundation when ive used some of these up, I'm still in search of good pale foundations, concealers etc so recommendations always welcome! oh and powder is MSFN in Light, always! :)

veronikawithak

I think this is a good place to talk about pale foundations, as we're low buy, we don't want to be buying too many wrong shades amirite!?
Lol! Sorry everyone for getting OT, I really had nothing but pure intentions I swear! But yes this does relate to the low-buy because in an imaginary perfect world I don't want to be buying any wrong shades ever again.
girlhaha.gif

In other low-buy news, I've also been lusting after the Tarte MATTEnificent palette.. definitely my shades - the soft dusty cool tones. And matte.. Love the blush. Love the packaging - I'm an amethyst birthstone and I love that color family and the pattern!

I had to close browsers before something bad happened.

Then I made a pic for myself of my current eyeshadow collection to remind myself I already own similar shades and haven't used them enough yet (shale, quarry, etc).

I think if there wasn't a black and brown in there (that I won't use) I wouldn't have been able to resist lol! I figure if I can find one flaw in each palette I want to buy this year that will stop me!

Kaori

I might go with NARS Siberia and maybe the Chantilly or Vanilla Creamy Concealer next time I dare to set foot in a Sephora so I'll let you know what I think. I'm always up for recommendations too!

Team MSFN Light forever!
I would guess nars siberia would work for you because I'm very pale but that one was too pale even for me, I got Nars sheer glow foundation in Mont blanc =)

PixieDancer

Skip lol it didn't perform good in swatches and you already have similar nars palette =) And when you don't even use that one often, you wont be using the NARSissist one either ^^ It will just sit around in your drawers and the plastic packaging will get gross over time, I soooo hate their packaging ugh
I agree!! Skip, skip, skip!