Resolution LOW-BUY 2020

LadyBug13

Quarter One Wrap-Up

Between January and March, I spent $474.99 on mostly skincare products

January total: $266.21 February total: $208.78 March total: $0

Number of purchased products: 17

Number of products used up: 12

Number of products decluttered/given away: 12

I'm pretty content with the number of products I have in my collection, so I don't see a need to purchase anything for a while (or at least during quarter 2). However, most of my purchases to date have been skincare and I'm basically trying out these products to see if I want to repurchase them, so it's possible I may repurchase the things I do end up seeing an improvement with. My goal for April, May, and June is to evaluate what products are currently working for me and what products I can look into to address the issues currently not being addressed. My esthetician mentioned to me that My skin is dry and dehydrated, so I need to see which products are addressing these.

Another goal is to focus more on using up products. I've identified 27 products (full and trial size) that are halfway done or just-about-done that I will focus on using up this quarter.

A third goal is to play in my makeup more (I know I'm always saying this!), especially my eyeshadow. I don't remember the last time I wore eyeshadow but I want to get back into playng around in the fun and pretty colors I have.

I hope everyone is staying safe in these weird times!

fur4elise

daffodils_2020.png
Low/No Buy Check-In ~ March 2020

Well here we are...in strange and unsure days...I do my best to stay on the positive and hopeful side of things. I hope everyone is safe and healthy!

Purchases
TJMaxx / Marshalls Discoveries
~ Mind you I have 2 Marshalls and 1 TJMaxx in my area. So while hubs was away, I had time to actually browse shelves for super discounted buried treasures. And let me tell you, I spent time checking everything to make sure it was not opened, swatched, destroyed…You will see a metallic, shimmer, glimmer theme here! Definitely what I am drawn too.

MaxxMarshall_March_20.jpg

Stila Shimmer & Glow: Jezebel and Grace
Stila Glitter & Glow All Fired Up Mini Set
CoverFX Shimmer Veil in Gilded
Becca Pop Goes the Glow Palette
shellygrrl shellygrrl ~ I got my Champagne Pop replacement 😉
Laura Mercier Caviar Volume Mascara
Not pictured - Becca – Luminous Blush: Snapdragon; Shiseido Cotton Pads

It Cosmetics: Heavenly Skin Skin-Smoothing Complexion Brush
– This was a steal at $12.99 vs. $48! I have been wanting to try a synthetic foundation brush. I think natural hair is too porous for liquid foundation. (See my :heart: list below for my thoughts)

Literally the day after I had my fun shopping weekend (around March 7th), the world tilted off it's axis…So that was it for any splurges! I see spending very little in the coming months, except to replenish things I am using regularly.

The next week, when the campus closed, my big splurge was a new pair of “work” slippers from Sorel.

Favorites:heart:
IT Cosmetics brush
I mentioned above. I have been using sponges for years (my fav. is Eco-Tools) and poo-pooed using a brush. I was afraid it would irritate my skin and /or cause breakouts. Well, I was wrong! I feel like I waste less foundation. The application and finish is so much smoother and even. I have had no irritation and I wash the brush once a week to stave off any break out issues. I love this brush!

Good Molecules Niacinamide Toner and PTR Un-Wrinkle Pads - Really enjoying both of these skincare items. I do believe they are improving my skin quality.

Used Up:
8 oz. KS ExfoliKate Daily Cleanser
- Opened my back up. I can go a couple months before I buy another tube.

Disposed Of:
Bite Agave Lip Balm
– Kind of stinky . My new go to is Laneige.
Becca Sunset Waves – I hit pan a while ago and the last time I used it, it broke apart. Sad panda! But I have so many other bronzers/highlighters, there is no need to repurchase it. ;)

Gave Away:
Another large bag & box to Goodwill
Some clothing and accessories to a student worker

On My Radar:
Well at this point, the only things I plan to purchase are staples. I will skip the Sephora sale and wait on Ulta for a 20% coupon. I have points banked and g/c balance, so that will cut my out of pocket cost quite a bit.

ELDW Toasty Toffee (using my samples up from vacation)
NARS Pore & Shine Primer

The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin and Buffet
A curl refresh spray - I am looking at Curlsmith products. (See my DevaCurl entry below)
TIGI Showdown Hairspray
MUFE Ultra HD Finishing Powder
- I will probably get this on eBay, but I am leery of ordering right now. Almost the entire country is on stay at home orders, so I would worry about long delays in shipping. Has anyone else purchased from eBay lately? Experience?

DevaCurl:
I am sure some of you recently heard about some curly heads have issues with DevaCurl. It never occurred to me that I would be one of them. I have been using DevaCurl products for more than two years, including: poo, conditioner, detangler, refresh spray, and styling gels.

What I have observed over time has been a marked slowing of hair growth, thinning of hair and increased fall. My hair just wasn't looking springy and healthy either. I just figured it was in part to aging…But it didn’t sit well with me! Being very active, following a healthy lifestyle with good diet, vitamins and supplements, and practicing consistent better skincare, the overall quality of my skin (face and body) has improved. Why wouldn’t my hair with higher end, quality products and care?!

Well, after reading numerous posts and reviews talking about all these problems including scalp irritation, I immediately stopped using all DevaCurl products a couple months ago. I returned to my tried and true Nexxus poo and conditioner and Miss Jessie styling products.

There was an improvement within a few weeks! I am going to keep up with this regimen for now and see how it goes. I want to be sure I am not imagining the improvement! I may consider joining the class action suit that is being filed. If for nothing else, to get back the money I spent on all those products and the nearly full bottles of product I ended up tossing out.

Healthstuffs:
Holding steady. No weight gain or lose given the current stay at home situation. I am keeping a regular schedule during the week. I am up early and do my morning cardio, some sort of weight complex and abs. And most evenings, after "work," I will either train or do extra cardio with hubs. My nagging backache has finally gone away! I am still being careful but I have had no twinges or pain.

Homestuffs:
It is amazing how organized and tidy my house is now! I mean, I even tidied and organized my pantry and spice & herb cabinet this past weekend! It was long overdue for a go-over. The truth is, I cannot function with clutter and disarray. Especially now that my dining room table now doubles as my “desk” during the work week! I think it has to do with controling the things I can, to ease anxiety.

Big Girl Stuff:
Yes, I am super fortunate to have not been laid off and that most of my work could translate to a remote environment. And right now, it looks like the university is planning to continue on and continue to support employees. I think one of the things I struggle with the most is feeling like I am not accomplishing anything. Some days are harder than others to generate a happy feeling. Being a social person, it is hard not being around people. However, I have had numerous online work meetings and virtual coffee breaks with colleagues.:coffee: I have been able to attend some professional development webinars. And one of the best things is being able to drop into classes and provide real time assistance with resources. So as apart as I am from my physical workplace, I feel more connected with colleagues that I did before everything shut down. So all in all I am okay.

Hubs, being a small business owner has different stressors and concerns. He is currently working on applying for some aid from the government stimulus package. It is a bit of a stressful and tricky process. But, he wants to keep his employees in place and be ready to go later this month when the work season really gets going. I think he is going to be okay too. We just take everything a day at a time.

One good thing is that I will probably get to plant my garden much earlier this year. ;)

As I have said in many places and many times. My wish for all of you, your family and friends, is to be well, be safe and stay healthy. :hugs: x0x0x

Last edited:

shellygrrl

Staff member
Quick(ish) going-out face from yesterday...
  • mix of Milk Makeup Hydro Grip Primer + Becca SSP - Pearl
  • Milk Makeup Blur Liquid Matte Foundation - Porcelain
  • NARS RCC - Chantilly
  • The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder - 02 (used on eyes and cheeks)
  • Bare Minerals Gen Nude Radiant Lipstick - Tutu

lenchen

March 2020
Purchases:

None for March

Gave Away /Disposed Of/Used UP:

Gave away: Natasha Denona Lila palette- I really like this palette but it does not love me back, the two times I used it caused eye irritation so off it went.

Used Up: Cerave PM moisturizing lotion, Cerave body moisturizer.

On the horizon: No make-up purchases, just skincare and haircare replenishments my Cerave PM lotion, Cerave body moisturizer, conditioner, and hair moisturizer from Hairveda and Brigeo. I have decided not to participate in the Sephora sale, I will utilize Ulta for my skincare replenishments, Hairveda and Brigeo websites for a coupon discount. These days, the brands are having better deals than Sephora's 10-20%. I have discontinued use of the following Cerave products the Cerave skin renewing might cream, and the face wash. I find that since their parent company changed, so did the ingredients, my face burns and stings horribly, I saved the older packaging and compared the ingredients, and sure enough, there were differences. I did find a Korean replacement for these product and I love the results much better!

Since the quarantine started, and I have been working from home, I have been doing my routine as though I'm physically going in to work. This includes my make-up, here are my monthly favourites MUFE waterblend, NARS creamy concealer, NARS orgasm X blush, Highlighter: Makeupgeek ignite, cover FX translucent setting powder, Ofra blind the haters highlihter, and Coverfx Setting Spray matte. I've been rotating all of my palettes the PatMcgrath Rose palette, and learning what really works for me in terms of eyeshadows, so some give away palettes coming up in my April check-in :)

I've learned a lot about my preferences in terms of beauty/makeup. I've made the best of being quarantined, by staying positive, and I'm thankful to be employed. I've bee mindful about my purchases, by doing low buys, but our situation has really put things into perspective. I hope everyone are doing well, are safe, and happy with your families.

Last edited:

shellygrrl

Staff member
  • Milk Makeup Hydro Grip Primer
  • NARS RCC - Chantilly
  • Hourglass Veil Translucent Loose Setting Powder
  • Bobbi Brown Downtown Cool Palette - Brunette (brows)
  • surratt beauty Expressioniste Brow Pomade
  • MAC Prep and Prime 24-Hour Extend Eye Base
  • CoverGirl TruNaked Queenship Shadow Stick - Primadonna (wanted to revisit it...still don't like it)
  • Clinique High Impact Mascara
  • The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder - 02 (used on eyes (through the crease and above) and cheeks)

r0mini0n

In april I bought some Nivea stuff like sunscreen and a nightcreme with vitamin c. I used to love it but I feel like it's breaking my skin out. I bought stuff for around 57€.
I also ordered a nail polish (a bit over 28€) from the Dior website in the beginning of the month for my mom for her easter gift and it's been hell.I need a little vent.​
It has been in my country but it was shipped back to their warehouse for.. no reason it seems. Customer Care is a nightmare. I called them and couldn't even be helped in my language. I could order in my language and your CC is in my country, so how about you learn the language? They only spoke French or English (I speak Dutch), and my country has three official languages (which English isn't one of!) I was promised my money back and the package nearly two weeks ago. Neither have I received. I sent an e-mail to their CC and they take ages to reply back. I answered the mail and they gave me a reply back sooner completely ignoring the question. They told me they had received my "returned package" and if I could just send them my bankaccount so they could refund me. I basically mailed them they could shove it. They took the money out right after (they didn't even wait 'till shipment) so they can just put it right back in.​
In the meantime while waiting for the package they sent me an email via Trustpilot to review their service and if I enjoyed my package. I let it slip, but I got one yesterday AGAIN. I was so irritated this evening after receiving the mail about the "return package and that they need my account number" that I left them their review as they pleased. One star. It's not the only problem I've had with Dior and their site, but this time it's bonkers. Any shipment can go right, it's how you handle the ones that didn't go right that shows what kind of company you are. Sadly, their CC is just sh*t.​
Anyways curious how long my review will be up, I read others yesterday and they magically disappeared today.​
Sorry little rant but had to come out. I told them to keep their money and delete my account from their website as I can't do it. I know it's dire times for everyone, but if you make the decision to keep on taking and shipping orders, then take responsibility and fix your mistakes. If you can't, do like Chanel and take orders but don't ship yet for the safety of your employees (although first world problem I really want something from their site so bad haha.. Been waiting for 6 weeks but still no shipping, and no stores open here..)​
Anyways I thought that was all I bought but I ordered a new vacuum and a mothers day gift. Forgot we were still April 30th, oops :p But at least it's not make up?​

VAL4M

April 2020
Purchased can be resume to ... I spend alot of money on perfumes!!! LOL 😬

1 Beautylish purchased 5 Sonia G brushes: she finally started selling all her brushes individually so I purchased 3 faces brushes (the highlight brushes, cheek designer pro and the Inochige brushes (love all of them) and 2 eyeshadows brushes (from the sky set) I still feel WG eyeshadows brushes are better (i know not a popular opinon) and 2 good molecules skin care products (the pinneaple scrub and the AHA serum) (total 300$ ish in 3 payments)

1 Sephora purchase (4 things 2 skin care products (REN face cleanser and Ole Enrickson moisturizer) and 2 perfume travel 10ML spay) (total: 150$) woot! woot!

2 bottles of perfume (Memo Paris Winter Palace I score that bad boy at a 100$ discount! yep instead of 360$ CAN it was 260$ CAN .... I know this is bad but it smell sooooo good and Guerlain Teaazzura still waiting for it it was a blind buy but it was cheap 70$)

1 poshmark: First buy on poshmark.ca I wanted to buy some shorts and I don't know why because weather sucks here. I guesse I'm just dreaming of summer and this is wishful thinking. Anywho it is Moschino (cheaper line) shorts at 50$ still a score just hope the fit will be good!

I also made 2 orders for fabric masks at my two favorite local designers (buy local!) Our provincial government is now talking of opening businesses and schools late May. Still not sure if i'm sending my son to school but they are now seriously talking to make the mask mandetory in public spaces. So might as well be prepared.

Hope everyone is safe and is good!

PS. I lost my Great-Aunt on April 22nd, she was just a couple years younger then my grandmother but really close with our family because she married my grandfather's brother, it was not COVID related, we all knew it was coming, since last year but I just feel a lot people will need so much help afterward just to get closer from all this. Not able to come to term with certain events and the guilt people might feel because they cannot be there for loves one. It just make me wonder on how long we can handle this. I do think all those measures are necessary but I wonder if ressource will still be there in the aftermath. food for thought

Last edited:

VAL4M

In april I bought some Nivea stuff like sunscreen and a nightcreme with vitamin c. I used to love it but I feel like it's breaking my skin out. I bought stuff for around 57€.​
I also ordered a nail polish (a bit over 28€) from the Dior website in the beginning of the month for my mom for her easter gift and it's been hell.I need a little vent.​
It has been in my country but it was shipped back to their warehouse for.. no reason it seems. Customer Care is a nightmare. I called them and couldn't even be helped in my language. I could order in my language and your CC is in my country, so how about you learn the language? They only spoke French or English (I speak Dutch), and my country has three official languages (which English isn't one of!) I was promised my money back and the package nearly two weeks ago. Neither have I received. I sent an e-mail to their CC and they take ages to reply back. I answered the mail and they gave me a reply back sooner completely ignoring the question. They told me they had received my "returned package" and if I could just send them my bankaccount so they could refund me. I basically mailed them they could shove it. They took the money out right after (they didn't even wait 'till shipment) so they can just put it right back in.​
In the meantime while waiting for the package they sent me an email via Trustpilot to review their service and if I enjoyed my package. I let it slip, but I got one yesterday AGAIN. I was so irritated this evening after receiving the mail about the "return package and that they need my account number" that I left them their review as they pleased. One star. It's not the only problem I've had with Dior and their site, but this time it's bonkers. Any shipment can go right, it's how you handle the ones that didn't go right that shows what kind of company you are. Sadly, their CC is just sh*t.​
Anyways curious how long my review will be up, I read others yesterday and they magically disappeared today.​
Sorry little rant but had to come out. I told them to keep their money and delete my account from their website as I can't do it. I know it's dire times for everyone, but if you make the decision to keep on taking and shipping orders, then take responsibility and fix your mistakes. If you can't, do like Chanel and take orders but don't ship yet for the safety of your employees (although first world problem I really want something from their site so bad haha.. Been waiting for 6 weeks but still no shipping, and no stores open here..)​
Anyways I thought that was all I bought but I ordered a new vacuum and a mothers day gift. Forgot we were still April 30th, oops :p But at least it's not make up?​
OMG that is BAD!!! It's been years since I purchased any products from Dior let alone buy from them directly. that's another reason why i'm not boycotting Sephora because even if the VIB sales sucks (i'm rouge so it is 20% off) at least if something go wrong I know I can count on Sephora customer service. also being Canadian I never know if I will be charge duties. So even if it is 25% off sale, if i'm charge a 30$ by the delivery service it is no longer a better deal.

lenchen

April 2020
Purchased can be resume to ... I spend alot of money on perfumes!!! LOL 😬

1 Beautylish purchased 5 Sonia G brushes: she finally started selling all her brushes individually so I purchased 3 faces brushes (the highlight brushes, cheek designer pro and the Inochige brushes (love all of them) and 2 eyeshadows brushes (from the sky set) I still feel WF eyeshadows brushes are better (i know not a popular opinon) and 2 good molecules skin care products (the pinneaple scrub and the AHA serum) (total 300$ ish in 3 payments)

1 Sephora purchase (4 things 2 skin care products (REN face cleanser and Ole Enrickson moisturizer) and 2 perfume travel 10ML spay) (total: 150$) woot! woot!

2 bottles of perfume (Memo Paris Winter Palace I score that bad boy at a 100$ discount! yep instead of 360$ CAN it was 260$ CAN .... I know this is bad but it smell sooooo good and Guerlain Teaazzura still waiting for it it was a blind buy but it was cheap 70$)

1 poshmark: First buy on poshmark.ca I wanted to buy some shorts and I don't know why because weather sucks here. I guesse I'm just dreaming of summer and this is wishful thinking. Anywho it is Moschino (cheaper line) shorts at 50$ still a score just hope the fit will be good!

I also made 2 orders for fabric masks at my two favorite local designers (buy local!) Our provincial government is now talking of opening businesses and schools late May. Still not sure if i'm sending my son to school but they are now seriously talking to make the mask mandetory in public spaces. So might as well be prepared.

Hope everyone is safe and is good!

PS. I lost my Great-Aunt on April 22nd, she was just a couple years younger then my grandmother but really close with our family because she married my grandfather's brother, it was not COVID related, we all knew it was coming, since last year but I just feel a lot people will need so much help afterward just to get closer from all this. Not able to come to term with certain events and the guilt people might feel because they cannot be there for loves one. It just make me wonder on how long we can handle this. I do think all those measures are necessary but I wonder if ressource will still be there in the aftermath. food for thought
I'm really sorry to hear about your great-Aunt, my thoughts are with you and your family. On a lighter note, great scores on the perfume purchases, they sound heavenly!
OMG that is BAD!!! It's been years since I purchased any products from Dior let alone buy from them directly. that's another reason why i'm not boycotting Sephora because even if the VIB sales sucks (i'm rouge so it is 20% off) at least if something go wrong I know I can count on Sephora customer service. also being Canadian I never know if I will be charge duties. So even if it is 25% off sale, if i'm charge a 30$ by the delivery service it is no longer a better deal.
I like Sephora for the reason that they carry most brands, beauty/makeup and perfume in one place however, i've started to shop more at Ulta and Beautylish, because the rewards system at Sephora is not great and for me, that is a turn off. I will just shop the brand website for sales/discounts as the discount is more than 15% for me as I lost rouge status

Last edited:

r0mini0n

I'm so sorry for your loss. And I think you make an excellent point, losing someone is hard enough but losing someone in these times when you need support the most... This will leave a huge impact on people.

fur4elise

FloralWreath_May20.PNG
April Showers bring May flowers…
Low / No Buy Check-In

No surprise, I was under budget for April and most likely will be for May too. Truth is, I am having fun with my stash and don’t want for much. Pretty much the only purchases I have made were to replenish staples.

Purchases:
Skindinavia
- Oil Control Setting Spray (30% sale) – I was on the final spritzes of my current bottle.

eBay:
MUFE Ultra HD Finishing Powder
PTR 21 Peptide Moisturizer (Backup)
Farmacy Green Clean Balm 3.4 oz

Favorites:heart:
MAC MSF Taraji Glow, Highlight The Truth & Cheeky Bronze; CoverFX Blush Duos; Liquid eyeshadows layered with potted shadows like MJ See-quins, Touch in Sol and Hourglass.

Fringe Rotation:
Pat McG Fetish Eyes; MJ Velvet Noir; Lancome Hypnose Drama, L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Primer

Used Up:
Farmacy Green Clean Balm 3.2 oz – Replenished

Disposed Of:
Mascara Round Up:

Stila MagnumXXX; Hourglass Caution Extreme; Lancome Cils Booster XL; Laura Mercier Caviar Volume

Gave Away: Nothing for April – I do have a small pile of clothing and shoes that will go to Good Will when things reopen.

On My Radar:
Come on Ulta! You need to come forth with a 20% off prestige coupon! They usually send one out around the Sephora sale. No go this time! For now, I have been able to get some things on eBay.
Still using up my Estee Lauder DW sample bottles. I am getting to where I will need to replenish both shades I use, Toasty Toffee (4W2) and Henna (4W3).

Big Girl Stuff:
I am coming to the end of week 7 of working at home. Our governor extended to May 28th with rumors swirling she really wanted to extend to the end of June. UGH! On the support front, Hubs’ company was granted a loan on the second round of the PPP program. He was also able to defer some of his loans for a few months. This is a relief as everything was touch and go when the loan did not go through the first time.

As for my environment, there has been a shift from putting out fires and getting students and faculty to the end of the semester to figuring out how we (higher ed) are going to deal with and survive the economic fallout created by COVID-19. We were already dealing with decreasing enrollment prior too. The impact of the pandemic has certainly exacerbated the situation. Stay tuned…

Healthstuffs:
Still healthy and sane. I think keeping a set routine has helped with this on both counts. Some days are better than others. I just honor when I feel crappy and usually snap out of it

Homestuffs:
I planted flowers around our mailbox last weekend, but it may have been too soon. I may have to replace them because of cold and frost. Bummer! Once it warms up for good, then I can plant some hanging baskets and pots and get going on the garden.

Of late I am chuckling…because you know all of those little household fixes and repairs?…I think we have just about all of them completed.

Which has made me decide that I want to redo my studio/office/closet room. This will be my big inside summer project. First up, I need to tear out the cheap old carpet that I think is still causing moisture and mold issues (since our sump failure in the late fall). I would also like to paint and move things around. This would allow me to get my desk/worktable set up so I will actually use it. ;)

So that is about it…Just taking everything a day at a time. As always I hope all of you are safe, healthy and finding snippets of happiness where you can. I also wish all of you a wonderful mother’s day (fur baby moms included!). x0x0x

Last edited:

fur4elise

:cry: I am so sorry for your loss.

This pandemic situation has made it so much harder to handle already trying life events. (((((Big Hug))))) A close work colleague lost her father this week. He was in a small senior facility and she was doing everything she could to bring him home. It just was not meant to be. Thankfully she and her sister were able to be with him right to the end. It makes me sad that I cannot go see her and support her through this time.

shellygrrl

Staff member

So sorry for your loss.

lenchen

Low Buy Check-In ~ April 2020

Purchases:

No purchases in April

Total spent for April = $0.00

Gave Away /Disposed Of/Used UP:

Gave away:
Natasha Denona mini Lila Palette, Natasha Denona Sunrise Palette-when this came out, I decided not to purchase as I already have eyeshadows that can create similar looks. I received this as a Christmas present from my sister, and I'm afraid this palette does not like me very much. The looks I've created using different eyeshadow primers fade within 2-3 hours, and something in the formula does not like my eyes as my eyes tear up, so off it went. My wayne goss brushes I owned 2 sets of his eye set, I passed on all to my mom with the exception of #19, and #20. I kept one of each. These days, i've reaching for my Sonia G brushes much more.

Disposed of:

Nothing at the moment.

Used Up:

Coverfx setting spray matte-will re-purchase, however, I do want to try the new hourglass setting spray, but I'll wait for a sale or promotion.
Giorgio Armani power stretch concealer-i'll re-purchase when the brand has another 25% sale, I really liked this concealer.
MAC lipstick in Jubliee-will repurchase using Back to MAC
MAC lipstick in touch-will repurchase using back to MAC
CHANEL Le volume mascara- opened up my backup

On The Horizon:

Makeup-Cover fx setting spray,
MAC lipsticks-Bac to MAC that won't be for a while
an eyeshadow palette that I have been trying to get forever! any guesses on what that may be? i'll talk about it in May check-in :)

Beauty-
I need to order my relaxer kit - as I will be doing this from home, since we are sheltering in place
Dont's despair from Brigeo,
conditioner products from Hairveda.
Chanel Gabrielle perfume
Chanel portable coco mademoiselle
Cerave pm lotion
NARS radiant creamy concealer- my other favourite concealer besides Armani
Ulta!! you really need come on with the 20% prestige coupon, my cart is ready!

Fitness
- I’ve been walking in my subdivision to get exercise and to stay sane lol!

monthly favourites-
Tools/Brushes- Sonia G, Chikuhoudo, Hakuhoudo face brushes, and my blue squirrel face brushes
Makeup-Natasha Denona sunset palette, Pat McGrath rose palette, and the Pat Mcgrath dark star palette (holiday 2018)
MUFE Water blend foundation, Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturizer, Cover FX setting powder, and Cover FX setting spray.
NARS Orgasm X, Taos, Exhibit A, and outlaw blushes
Makeup geek Ablaze, ad ignite highlighters

Quarantine life- Working from home, blessed and thankful that i'm employed, staying positive even on the bad days, and doing what I can to help out with situations resulting in this pandemic. Stay safe everyone!

shellygrrl

Staff member
Aside from what I got from Ulta in late March which I counted for April (Clinique High Impact Mascara and a repurchase of my MAC eyeshadow primer), nothing else was purchased in regards to makeup for April.

This month, I made my first order on Credo Beauty (they specialize in "clean beauty" and have some recognizable brands like Ilia, Kosas, RMS, Kjaer Weis, Tower 28, and they recently started carrying Westman Atelier), all skincare bits, and I got a sample thingie of the Kosas Tinted Face Oil, which is something I'm curious about.

Beryl

So far since my last post february 1 nothing of makeup so 0.

March to start spring season I bought ZARA perfumes 10 bottles: 1 x 100 ml Neroli Sunset, 6 bottles of 30 ml ZARA Gardenia, Femme, Violet Blossom, Wonder Rose limited edition, Orchid and Twilight.
And 3 small travel size bottles
10 ml roll-on : Artisan's Gold, Deep Garden ( re-buy) and Lightly Bloom.
Total euro 52.66 = usd 56.94

April bought at german online pharmacy that ships to other EU countries.
Roche Posay thermal water spray 300 ml euro 7.07 = usd 7.64
Shea butter 100% pure Peter Pharma pot 100 gr euro 5.29 = usd 5.71
plus bought things like vitamins, pill Rx meds box, Vicks Vaporub, herbal teas etc.

Almost used up Sicilian Notes Energizing face moisturizer, lovely italian lemon scent nice gel fresh feel.. Wanted to re-buy but alas when the online shop re-open it was all sold out.

Quarantaine life = same as being my usual homebound due to health issues only visit dr appt and do all shopping online, my travel days are over.....

Last hand bag I bought has not even been outside as dr visits were cancelled due to the current event.

Got to get motivated to buy some summer clothes and some new nightgowns. Looking for a new gel moisturizer, floral/citrus hand creams and thinking about buying some nice bar soaps.

Since DD left for college overseas 2 years ago I have not looked much AsianBeauty sites and yesterday went to look at one of the websites and many items have higher prices now.

shellygrrl

Staff member
  • NARS RCC - Chantilly
  • Bobbi Brown Downtown Cool Palette - Brunette (brows)
  • Makeup Geek Eyeshadows - Unexpected and Sand Dollar
  • The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder - 02
  • Makeup Geek Blush - Main Squeeze
  • NARS Blush - Sex Fantasy
  • Bite Beauty Matte Crème Lip Crayon - Glacé
  • wet'n'wild Liquid Catsuit High Shine - Caught You Bare Naked

shellygrrl

Staff member
  • NARS RCC - Chantilly
  • Bobbi Brown Downtown Cool Palette - Brunette (brows), Grey (crease)
  • ABH Eyeshadow - Stone (lid)
  • The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder - 02 (also took this all over the eye to add warmth. Turned ABH Stone, which is a pretty ashy grey-brown on me, into a sort of dark mustardy shade. I like!)
  • NARS Blush - Sex Fantasy
  • MAC Lipstick - Fanfare

VAL4M

May 2020 purchased
If only May was 5 days shorter it would have been a really good month but nope!
May 15th Fluevog day : purchased the cutest oxford shoes at 15% (paid only the taxes lets face it! ) Still waiting for my shoes! :( (350$) 😬 (paid)
May 23rd : Give Me Glow costmetics launch their new website order 5 eyeshadow and an empty palette used my Rakutan money (still paid 60$ can)
May 27th: Purchased my husband a father's day gift (mailing has been so slow lately i'm not even sure it will arrive for father's day) Oakley's sunglasses at 20% off (250$)
May 28th: purchased a perfume I miss violet from The different company (125$) :hide: that one i'm not pround it wasnt planned but at 245$USD it was a steal sooo I jump on it
May 29th: Purchased a bronzer and lipstck from MAC Bronzing summer collection (65$) , 2 pairs of earing from this local designer (70$) AND 2 masks with a pair of sandals from another local designer (used a pre-paid credit card) . Both local designers had sales
May 30: Purchased a pair of pants and blouse from another local designer (300$) :22::help:

And somewhere in May for a couple of days my credit card was at 0$ :tiptoe:

I guess It will take a couple of month to pay the last week of may spending LOL

Hope everyone is safe!

Last edited:

Latest posts