Revlon ColorBust Lip Butter

corinne27

Based on the lip butters and baby lips I own, I prefer Revlon.

Lip Butters

• Larger ranger of colors
  • Super pigmented -> better color payoff
  • More moisturizing (for me).
  • Scent free - a BIG ADVANTAGE if you don't like products with strong fragrance on your lips

Baby Lips

• Not as many color options
  • Color is sheerer in general (shades like pink punch are more opaque but I still prefer Revlon shades)
  • Strong fragrance
  • Not as moisturizing on my lips
  • SPF 20
  • Cheaper (where I live)

For me, the only advantage that baby lips has over lip butters is the price. But I don't mind paying the extra $ for lip butters because I feel like the pros are worth it.

I almost hesitate to lump the two products in the same category. Lip butters are more of a hybrid between lip balms and lipsticks, more like hydrating lipsticks. Baby lips are more like true lip balms or a (somewhat) grown up version of lipsmackers haha. Chapstick with color perhaps? I reach for lip butters when I'm going out and want a more toned down lippie or if I'm just running errands. I rarely reach for baby lips because I have other lip balms that I prefer.

HTH.
yes this helped alot!! thank you for all the info!! :)

texasmommy

Got some a few weeks ago and love them! I picked up Cotton Candy, Cupcake, and Peach Parfait for less than $4 each with a sale a local grocery store was having. I want to pick up a few more, but am trying to use what lip products I already have. The colors are so pretty and feel nice on my lips :)

tats

My first 2 picks were sugar frosting & cotton candy and I'm in love with these lip butters ever since.

I was reluctant to buy them at first beacuse I thought lip butters can't be very pigmented. How wrong I was. I can't say they are super pigmented but they still give off enough ammount of colour and it varies from shade to shade.

Recently I purchased Candy Apple, as I wanted a nice sheer red for fall and safe to wear at work and Candy Apple is just PERFECT. I'm glad I bought it.

My nehxt shade will be peach parfait :)

I wish we had a wider shade range here like in US. I might consider buying them of Ebay actually.

martiangurll

I can't believe with all these yummy sounding names these are not scented? (Guess I was hoping for a grown up version of lip smackers LOL)

Spruceitup

I really like them! It does not feel as 'heavy' as lipstick and it has a shine to it, which I love. It is for sure more moist on my lips than lipstick, which dries out.

BriarRose

Raspberry Pie is my absolute favorite! I wore that when I went MAC shopping one day, and the MUA was crazy about it and wanted to know what product it was. That made me really happy!
flower.gif

I have all of the cool-toned colors, and a couple of the warmer ones.

Just wish they would release some new colors soon!

loveroxie

I own few shades of lip butters, my favorite is cotton candy.. They are very moisturizing I must say, but not as pigmented as I expect it to be.. I like them thou <3

The only one i own is Cotton Candy. But i love it ! It's a pretty nuetral baby pink on my lips. I love to get some of the darker shades too! Like candy apple and red velvet! I am glad you like the revlon lip butters so much they are a great lippie :)

jennyap

I'm late to this game, just bought my first Lip Butter yesterday, and I've been wearing it today. I'd been ignoring all the hype because the testers in store always looked melty and squished and it just didn't appeal to me, but I decided I'd give one a go after all. I got Berry Smoothie, most of the other shades available here seemed either too pale or too warm for me. Anyway, I love it. It feels great on, lasts amazingly well for such a soft formula (and actually longer than a lot of regular lipsticks last on me) and the colour is really pretty. Not sure I'll get any more unless they expand the shade range here, but a big
thmbup.gif
from me.

stormm

i got the new juicy papaya, pink watermelon and sorbet and they feel somewhat more heavy than the regular line. sorbet is a lot like lollipop and juicy papaya is a perfect everyday color

GlamQueen21

Juicy Papaya is my favorite out of the four new shades! I love using it a lot! As for Wild Watermelon, Sorbet and Pink Lemonade, those are great shades as well.

jdandray

I have Tutti Fruitt, Red Velvet, Creme Brulee, Cupcake, Berry Smoothie and my favorite is Cotton Candy (I am finishing up one and have another on BU). I do find them mildly moisturizing, but they don't help if my lips are super dry and cracked. But I love these things!!!! Love the colors and the formula. I just wish it would last longer.

josephine90

Oh my, I think mine is melting, the sides looks all mushed up or sth, and it feels a little greasy on my lips, all my other lipsticks are fine though, not sure whats happening. Should I keep them in the fridge?

BriarRose

Oh my, I think mine is melting, the sides looks all mushed up or sth, and it feels a little greasy on my lips, all my other lipsticks are fine though, not sure whats happening. Should I keep them in the fridge?
My experience with these is once they are used, they start to look mushy and wet no matter what temperature they are kept at.

If yours looks too mushy, I would try putting it in the freezer for a little while and see if that firms it up.

I don't know how these react to being stored in a fridge all of the time. Maybe someone else here has done that and can share how well it works out.

jdandray

I think the formulas are crazy soft, like a thick gloss instead of a stick. I remember mine being mushy on December

sammanila

I can't live without the peach parfait lip butter. It's my go-to lip color for work. I also like tutti fruitti but I was not too crazy with gumdrop. It made me look sick.

Latest posts