RiRi Hearts MAC Fall Collection (October 3, 2013)

elegant-one

Thanks again itsbcuzirock! I'm not too excited with the products shown so far.
About the picture stealing and not giving credit thing. I talked about this with someone else. He told me that people are allowed to take pictures if the person they are originally from doesn't have copyright on them. To get copyright you have to pay a lot of money and you need to have a company or something (the last thing I'm not completely sure about anymore). So although I completely understand the frustration, it seems like they are not really stealing pictures if you don't have copyright on them from what I understand
th_dunno.gif
Copyright also covers 'use' . In other words if you use something publicly, than it proves that it is yours - fair use copyright. No need to file anything for that. Having said that, I am not a lawyer, but I sure love to play one
greengrin.gif

Debbs

Mac really missed a good opportunity here. Dont get me wrong, things will sell but there doesnt seem to be anytging that i would cry over or lose sleep to get. My list keeps dwindling and my excitement has evaporated. The only thing that really keep me around is hope for the CCB. More for others I guess and more money for holiday collections

erine1881

I prefer online as well. I despise standing in a line for something.
Exactly! At my counter (the one i used to work at), there's only one employee working on launch days until 1pm, sometimes 3pm, and ain't nobody got time for that, especially with a collection like this!
Mac really missed a good opportunity here. Dont get me wrong, things will sell but there doesnt seem to be anytging that i would cry over or lose sleep to get. My list keeps dwindling and my excitement has evaporated. The only thing that really keep me around is hope for the CCB. More for others I guess and more money for holiday collections
Smoked purple, nightmoth & cherry (tho all are different formulas) are great dupes for what i want if I'm unable to get them.

GoldenGirl

Was there really a waiting room? I missed this last RiRi release (and Heaux which I'm still kinda bummed about and even MORE bummed that they're putting out all these other janks with special packaging for the fall release and Heaux isn't one of them) so I never had to go into a "waiting room". Just got my RiRi Woo (which was I think the only thing left when I bought it, maybe three days after the release) and checked out. There was a waiting room? I'm cracking up at the visual of that. I picture a virtual waiting room kinda like the Interior Illusions Lounge on the Untucked episodes of RuPaul's Drag race. Everyone waiting their turn in the virtual waiting room to get their lipstick.

There'll be no waiting room for me unless they put out Heaux again, and it's not looking likely. None of these look like must haves to me. :(

pazaub

Was there really a waiting room? I missed this last RiRi release (and Heaux which I'm still kinda bummed about and even MORE bummed that they're putting out all these other janks with special packaging for the fall release and Heaux isn't one of them) so I never had to go into a "waiting room". Just got my RiRi Woo (which was I think the only thing left when I bought it, maybe three days after the release) and checked out. There was a waiting room? I'm cracking up at the visual of that. I picture a virtual waiting room kinda like the Interior Illusions Lounge on the Untucked episodes of RuPaul's Drag race. Everyone waiting their turn in the virtual waiting room to get their lipstick.

There'll be no waiting room for me unless they put out Heaux again, and it's not looking likely. None of these look like must haves to me. :(
Yup, there was a waiting room...I waited about 4 hrs n i had so many devices open...didnt help at all...

NewChick10

Quote:Originally Posted by erine1881

Most likely you've developed an irritation to one of the ingredients in the powder. It's been known to happen that skin can be completely fine with ingredients at one moment, and at another moment have an allergy or an irritation to it, then later be completely fine again. No one knows why this happens, but it's completely annoying!
More than likely no, as it will be available at all locations.

Thanks Erine!

NewChick10

Quote:Originally Posted by destine2grow

I can assure you there is nothing in this collection that will make me sit in the waiting room.

The only thing I'm sitting and waiting on is for Mac to make a collections that gives me the chills. I am still recovering from the last 4 hour waiting room experience. I was about ready to submit the divorce papers to Mac. This relationship with Mac is taking a toll on me. I'm thinking about cheating.

martiangurll

Exactamundo. I am glad (relieved) that I am not obsessing over anything and I can just sit back and watch the drama without getting sucked in. Holidays are quite stressful enough with family drama and the winter blues for me, I can pass up drama over a lipstick. Now, if this was Hello Kitty or a lovely collection that I loved the packaging and had to go through this, I would be gutted. So, I am glad I hate the packaging and don't feel anything is too unique. Sure, I'd like the CCB, but if I don't end up with one, I bet some Makeup MacGuyver out there will find a dupe!

GoldenGirl

Yup, there was a waiting room...I waited about 4 hrs n i had so many devices open...didnt help at all...
Four hours in the waiting room??? Wow. I think I would have given up after 20 minutes. But I'm impatient as all get out. Mac really dropped the ball with that mess...

sheROCKS

If there's another waiting room...imma be pissed...ain't nobody got time for that. Especially since people have work and school on that day tsk. Hopefully some good pictures and swatches come up for the other products

BrinaBoo10

Absolutely. My Mac store gets a limited about of products for some reason and they always have one person working except on weekends and sometimes during the lunch hour. Hopefully they will be more prepared with something this popular. I still would rather shop online.
Quote:Originally Posted by erine1881

Exactly! At my counter (the one i used to work at), there's only one employee working on launch days until 1pm, sometimes 3pm, and ain't nobody got time for that, especially with a collection like this!

pazaub

Four hours in the waiting room??? Wow. I think I would have given up after 20 minutes. But I'm impatient as all get out. Mac really dropped the ball with that mess...
I said I was going to quit waiting after 1 hr. too...but ended up waiting....I've never seen waits that long and I don't know how some could've gotten in so quick with multiple orders.

IT was a big mess.....especially with how many problems there was with defected lipsticks...n the back orders...

destine2grow

I'm not faithful to any brand. There is some I like more than the others.
The only thing I'm sitting and waiting on is for Mac to make a collections that gives me the chills. I am still recovering from the last 4 hour waiting room experience. I was about ready to submit the divorce papers to Mac. This relationship with Mac is taking a toll on me. I'm thinking about cheating.

Latest posts