Rock/Metal Fans unite

Vlcatko

Re: Metal Fans \m/

^^^ Ha, speaking of festivals...
winks.gif

I guess there is no chance of anyone from the US and other non-Europian countries coming but howabout someone from Europe? - Does anyone plan to attend the Masters of Rock? I have seen/met quite a few foreign visitors there over the years but I guess it would be too much of a coincidence if anyone was from Specktra
greengrin.gif

metal_romantic

Oh how I <3 Metal!!! I'm a huge Metallica fan!!

Hmmm, what do I listen to....?

Metallica, Emperor, Alice Cooper, Megadeth, Judas Priest, Mercyful Fate, King Diamond, Death Angel, P.O.D., Ozzy Osbourne, Yngwie Malmsteen, Cinderella, Warlock, Doro, Dark Tranquillity...

spunky

Re: Metal Fans m/

i am a MASSIVE rammstein fan, to the point that me and my best friend went to see them in Stuttgart in december because they weren't playing any shows in scotland!

i used to be really heavily into black/folk/viking/power metal, but not so much these days. i've gone back to loving classic rock, sleaze and industrial.

and the above poster... doro rocks! that woman is an utter legend!

amelia.jayde

blessthefall
Burden of a Day
Chiodos
Dark Tranquillity
Dead By April
Deadstar Assembly
Destruction of a Rose
The Devil Wears Prada
Greeley Estates
I Am Ghost
I Set My Friends on Fire
In Fear And Faith
iwrestledabearonce
Memphis May Fire
Naglfar
Scar Symmetry
Silverstein
Sunrise Seven
Underoath
We Are The Emergency

metal_romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
i am a MASSIVE rammstein fan, to the point that me and my best friend went to see them in Stuttgart in december because they weren't playing any shows in scotland!

i used to be really heavily into black/folk/viking/power metal, but not so much these days. i've gone back to loving classic rock, sleaze and industrial.

and the above poster... doro rocks! that woman is an utter legend!

Agreed! She's awesome! So are Rammstein. My Dad is so NOT a metal fan, but for some reason he just loves Rammstein
greengrin.gif
How was the concert? I am super excited about seeing Metallica for the first time this Nov (I am BIG fan but they haven't properly toured here in Australia since 1996 I think...)

kaliraksha

I guess I count myself as a metal fan, though it's not what I always listen to:

Blind Guardian
Demons & Wizards
Black Sabbath
Electric Wizard
Therion
Isis (a bit too heavy for me, but I <3 some of their stuff)

Kragey

I love metal, all kinds of metal. Then again, my music tastes are really eclectic; most people cock their heads in confusion when they hear my iPod shuffle. XD

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal_romantic
Agreed! She's awesome! So are Rammstein. My Dad is so NOT a metal fan, but for some reason he just loves Rammstein
greengrin.gif
How was the concert? I am super excited about seeing Metallica for the first time this Nov (I am BIG fan but they haven't properly toured here in Australia since 1996 I think...)

oh, they were fantastic! they couldn't play Ich Tu Dir Weh because of the indexing thing, but they did lots off LIFAD. i was a wee bit upset they didn't play Stripped at the end, they switched it with Engel but it was an amazing show! if you've seen youtube videos you'll see what i mean! the stage show was ridiculous!

awwwh! i'm sure you'll have a great time
smiles.gif

Bjarka

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
oh, they were fantastic! they couldn't play Ich Tu Dir Weh because of the indexing thing, but they did lots off LIFAD. i was a wee bit upset they didn't play Stripped at the end, they switched it with Engel but it was an amazing show! if you've seen youtube videos you'll see what i mean! the stage show was ridiculous!

awwwh! i'm sure you'll have a great time
smiles.gif

Rammstein are awsome... seen them twice in Manchester (2005 and 2010)...
Did get to hear "Ich tu dir weh"
cutey.gif
I loved the instrumental version of "Stein um stein" they played as you were exiting the arena.
Would love to see them in Berlin one day!!!

But generally a metal fan. Some random favs:

Ensiferum
Rammstein (see above lol)
Beseech
Volbeat
Deep Purple
Dizzy Mizz Lizzy
Gloom
In Extremo
The 69 eyes

I generally listen to music in the rock metal genre. With the occasional odd pop song (childhood memories ect
blush-anim-cl.gif
)

Good to know there are other metal fans on here
choochoo.gif

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjarka
Rammstein are awsome... seen them twice in Manchester (2005 and 2010)...
Did get to hear "Ich tu dir weh"
cutey.gif
I loved the instrumental version of "Stein um stein" they played as you were exiting the arena.
Would love to see them in Berlin one day!!!

But generally a metal fan. Some random favs:

Ensiferum
Rammstein (see above lol)
Beseech
Volbeat
Deep Purple
Dizzy Mizz Lizzy
Gloom
In Extremo
The 69 eyes

I generally listen to music in the rock metal genre. With the occasional odd pop song (childhood memories ect
blush-anim-cl.gif
)

Good to know there are other metal fans on here
choochoo.gif

awww lucky you! we got asche zu asche instead. i have a vague memory of stein um stein at the end, me &my pal bought a couple of the litre biersteins that came with cheap refills so we were a bit tipsy by the end... ooops!

nice to see another 69 eyes fan too
greengrin.gif

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
OMG how did I ever miss this metal head thread?!

well you found it now
smiles.gif

Bjarka

@ spunky: My boyfriend resorded Ich Tu Dir Weh. If he ever posts it online, I shall send you the link
smiles.gif

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjarka
@ spunky: My boyfriend resorded Ich Tu Dir Weh. If he ever posts it online, I shall send you the link
smiles.gif

thanks! you know that last night the german authorities took LIFAD off the index so they can play Ich Tu Dir Weh live now... better late than never
th_DANCE.gif

Bjarka

Cool
smiles.gif

Just hope they go on tour again so you get to see it
smiles.gif

Don't see why they feel the need to put limitations on a concert really...
I mean, the people that go there most likely have the album, and know what to expect. Shouldn't come as a shock for them.

spunky

i read in an inverview that they're on tour for 3 years with this album, and it kicked off in november 2009 so there's plenty time to see them, even if i have to travel
smiles.gif
always nice to get a wee holiday.

i know right? it's so silly. if you don't like them, then ignore them! rammstein aren't forcing people to practice S&M just because they wrote a song about it any more than they're advocating cannibalism/necrophilia/incest or any of the other topics they've written about. it's just music!

Bjarka

excactly!!!
greengrin.gif

Soo happy it's not just me annoyed at stuff like that.
There is this thing about taking things to litteral. Plus stuff like S&M shouldn't be taboo, it just promotes ignorance... and horrible accidents.

spunky

i know i shouldn't laugh at that 'horrible accidents' bit, but i did
shockt.gif

it's the same with all music though, people like having something to pin the blame on when something goes wrong and instead of dealing with the actual problem, they'll censor things that have little to do with it. you're totally right though, ignorance is a terrible thing which promotes intolerance
ssad.gif

dreamscapemess

So happy to find other metal/screamo fans
smiles.gif

Some of my loves are:

Underoath
As I Lay Dying
Guns n Roses
Avenged Sevenfold
Atreyu <333
Dreamtheater
Chiodos (not metal...but whatevs!)
In Flames
Gojira
Static X
Veil of Maya

there's more, but you get the idea
winks.gif

manthanoelle

It's so weird looking at this thread, because you see such wide gaps in everyone's personal definition of what metal is.