Roses Ultimes de Chanel collection

elegant-one

So I went to a kind good mall today not the great mall with Nordies, but at least this mall had a Macy's Chanel counter. While I was swatching at the Chanel counter, this really beautiful WOC walked up next to me & we instantly hit it off chatting about MU, so I said to her that she looked like a Chanel girl & she said that she used to work for Chanel. I picked out a couple of my favorite items that I thought would look great on her - she bought them all
girlhaha.gif
sale.gif
the Chanel lady working at the counter prolly loved that because she didn't have to do a thing - where's MY commission! ??? How about you give me that beautiful large square Chanel makeup mirror to take home
sigh.gif
lol.gif
well, they didn't have the Chanel lamp
amuse.gif

Swatched tentation np but didn't care for it. Swatched Superstition & Candeur baume & loved both but will get them online. But I ended up buying YSL Sheer Candy Baume in #8. Its this really beautiful lavender very slight plum blue pink. Its so beautiful on love it love it. And, because our dear Shontay & others raved about the YSL gel liner, I bought the black.

2 New products that I've been trying are Oil of Olay exfoliating wet wipes & Neutragena Night Calming wipes. I love both & maybe the Neutragena more because it leaves the skin feeling so soft. & NO breakouts. Makes it so much easier to remove makeup

elegant-one

Hi girlies!!!! I miss 'my peeps'!!!
kissy.gif
party.gif

I have so much to catch up on!!! Work has been utterly insane (and I'm certainly closer to being that way!). I hope everyone is doing well - I'll be catching up, probably on Tuesday when I have some time and a reprieve from the endless tasks at work. Please bear with me!

I've so missed all of you!! Are you enjoying all of your new lippy goodies? I am! And I'm very much looking forward to the summer collection, though I feel I'm not giving Spring too much love yet.

Hope you are all well!! Love you guys!!
bigheart.gif

wavey.gif
th_sign_woot.gif
friends.gif

Bonitinha

Cheryl -- welcome back!! So good to see you! Good luck with work -- glad you can come hang out with us!

Elegant -- not surprising that you talked that lady into buying all of your faves! You really should work for Chanel (maybe you could talk them into mailing out good customer appreciation gifts!!).
So you liked Superstition? I am still wondering if that would be a good nude for me. The YSL lavendar lippie sounds gorg -- I love those types of colors for spring.
I love the Olay makeup wipes also. So nice to get all of the makeup off before washing my face at night.
Good news -- I was getting a bit freaked out about my hair (it seems to be "shedding" a bit more than normal). I went on a medication to help prevent the shedding, and a side effect is that is decreases oily skin. My skin has never looked so good LOL Love it :)

elegant-one

Cheryl -- welcome back!! So good to see you! Good luck with work -- glad you can come hang out with us!

Elegant -- not surprising that you talked that lady into buying all of your faves! You really should work for Chanel (maybe you could talk them into mailing out good customer appreciation gifts!!).
So you liked Superstition? I am still wondering if that would be a good nude for me. The YSL lavendar lippie sounds gorg -- I love those types of colors for spring.
I love the Olay makeup wipes also. So nice to get all of the makeup off before washing my face at night.
Good news -- I was getting a bit freaked out about my hair (it seems to be "shedding" a bit more than normal). I went on a medication to help prevent the shedding, and a side effect is that is decreases oily skin. My skin has never looked so good LOL Love it :)

lol.gif
I would love to talk Chanel into sending us our love gift. She bought Flirt, May np & Desire...my faves. Dang she was so pretty. Hubs was sitting in the shoe dept. which is just across the isle from Chanel - just smiling that I found another mu Chanel friend :)
Yes, I really think that Superstition might work for us. It has a pink/beige base - very pretty. My DIL buys those wipes & her skin looks so great so I thought I would try them. I always thought they would be too, I don't know oily or something. But they are nice.

Ahh, thats too bad about your hair but great about your skin! I went through a period where I lost a lot of hair but mine I think was because of stress. :(

Bonitinha

Well, I will definitely be looking into Superstition. Gail liked it too, right?? I get so excited when I find the perfect nude!
Love that you are making makeup friends while shopping. I have tried to turn sisters into makeup addicts -- but they aren't quite as nutso about it as I am ;)
Yeah, I think stress has been causing some of my hair issues. And I am majorly anemic. Oh yay. I think it is getting better, thank heavens!!

elegant-one

Well, I will definitely be looking into Superstition. Gail liked it too, right?? I get so excited when I find the perfect nude!
Love that you are making makeup friends while shopping. I have tried to turn sisters into makeup addicts -- but they aren't quite as nutso about it as I am ;)
Yeah, I think stress has been causing some of my hair issues. And I am majorly anemic. Oh yay. I think it is getting better, thank heavens!!
Yep Gail really liked Superstition. I highly highly recommend YSL #8! It is so super feminine pretty on! Its so weird, you can't go by the name because it's different on the box than the display name so you have to go by the #.

I've always been on the anemic side until I started working out all the time. And, I started taking really really good vitamins that the body can quickly absorb. its so good for hair & nails.

jmarie

Yep Gail really liked Superstition. I highly highly recommend YSL #8! It is so super feminine pretty on! Its so weird, you can't go by the name because it's different on the box than the display name so you have to go by the #.
Yo have peaked my interest, I am going to try YSL #8 now. My Guerlain G is almost gone and I want to try something different.

JulieDiva

Superstition is a nice shade, however on me it was too pale and washed out..I am a Beige 30 in most foundations, with dark brown hair.

I found a perfect nude in the Chanel Rouge cocos....CASHMERE 04...!! This is the nicest nude shade ever...I am seriously having a love affair with this lipstick...LOL!!

Bonitinha

Elegant -- is YSL #8 LE by any chance? We don't have a YSL counter here, but maybe it will be on the Nordies website?? I missed out on that Bobbi Brown lilac color you loved (was that LE? I can't seem to find it)

elegant-one

Elegant -- is YSL #8 LE by any chance? We don't have a YSL counter here, but maybe it will be on the Nordies website?? I missed out on that Bobbi Brown lilac color you loved (was that LE? I can't seem to find it)

BB is Violet Glaze. I don't remember if it was LE. Did you check the BB site for it?

I will post pics of YSL #8 & VG in just a bit :)

elegant-one

BB Violet Glaze - left, YSL #8 - right

YSL Candy Baume #8 - left, Bobbi Brown Violet Glaze - right

BB has more purple whereas #8 more pink

Bonitinha

Oooh, those are both pretty! Thanks for swatching! I will have to check my BB counter again to see if it is in stock. And I must track down the YSL lippie. The texture looks gorgeous -- how is the scent?

elegant-one

Oooh, those are both pretty! Thanks for swatching! I will have to check my BB counter again to see if it is in stock. And I must track down the YSL lippie. The texture looks gorgeous -- how is the scent?

The texture of the YSL is that slick lip smoothing feel kind of like the Chanel shines. There is a slight scent, but more of a taste of like pineapple kiwi something.

elegant-one

It's fab!

Michelle are you still liking your glosses from this collection? I keep wondering if Superstition would look as good on my lips as it did on my hand.

Bonitinha

^^I really like Desir -- but Jalousie is a bit too bright/vivid on me right now. I love the color in the tube -- but on my it looks kind of shocking. I have so many pink glossimers now -- it is kinda hilarious. I wish Chanel would come out with a pretty lilac-pink glossimer
heart.gif

When I get to a Nordies next month, I will for sure swatch Superstition. You'll have to tell me if you get it!

Did you notice how many celebs were wearing the Horizon blush at the Oscars? I saw it in quite a few makeup breakdowns. I kept seeing it thinking "oooh, I need that blush" . . . and then I saw that I already have it LOL

elegant-one

^^I really like Desir -- but Jalousie is a bit too bright/vivid on me right now. I love the color in the tube -- but on my it looks kind of shocking. I have so many pink glossimers now -- it is kinda hilarious. I wish Chanel would come out with a pretty lilac-pink glossimer
heart.gif

When I get to a Nordies next month, I will for sure swatch Superstition. You'll have to tell me if you get it!

Did you notice how many celebs were wearing the Horizon blush at the Oscars? I saw it in quite a few makeup breakdowns. I kept seeing it thinking "oooh, I need that blush" . . . and then I saw that I already have it LOL

Did you try dabbing it lightly on your bottom lip & then smooshing your lips together? No! I missed all the Oscar buzz. Well, its one of the prettiest blushes ever. Ha! that's funny about wanting a blush you already have. I do that with lipsticks too. I agee, Chanel needs a lovely lilacy pink. Its such a flattering color on.

Bonitinha

^^ I will have to try dabbing it on -- maybe even sheering it out with a lip brush would work?
I am always a little relieved and disappointed at the same time when I already have a product
girlhaha.gif

When you get a job at Chanel, you can invent the lilac pink glossimer. And our perfect pink nude! l/s!

Latest posts