Sandra Bernhard video on maccosmetics.com?

BlahWah

I have never seen her before, and wow, I don't know if I'd want to see her in anything! Then again, she might actually be funny with other people to work with... anyway, if that's advertising for sexy, luscious lips, I think I've misunderstood the meaning of those words my whole life. Definitely an ad for a big mouth, tho!

MAChostage

One word: HIDEOUS.
puke.gif

PrettyinPink

All she's doing is rambling a bunch of bs. "Can you handle these lips?" If I was a dude, I wouldn't touch those lips with a 10 foot pole! ICK!

And to think, she was the model for Sandy B. I had forgot about that and just read the post by Postette that she was the model! She looked so pretty in the Pool Party picture. But now...

gummybug

Her lips look like she just finished off a bucket of fried chicken. I'd like to think the Plushglasses look better on than that!

Cruella

I thought it was an odd video but I rather like Sandra. She's homely, she knows it and still acts like she's the most gorgeous thing evah! My only issue with her is that she tends to name drop ALOT in her stand-up act.

I'm curious as to whether or not the people who dislike Sandra's video are the same who loved that scary "Heatherette" video. Now THAT video was awful; I have absolutely nothing against transexuals but I do have to question the sanity of anyone who makes themselves uglier than they started out.

Wattage

Argh... this video was awful. I love Sandra Bernhard and was seriously disappointed with her!!

My SO was watching it too and he said it sounds like an Amway sales pitch. I could not agree more.

Two thumbs down for MAC and Sandra
ssad.gif

flowerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruella
I thought it was an odd video but I rather like Sandra. She's homely, she knows it and still acts like she's the most gorgeous thing evah! My only issue with her is that she tends to name drop ALOT in her stand-up act.

I'm curious as to whether or not the people who dislike Sandra's video are the same who loved that scary "Heatherette" video. Now THAT video was awful; I have absolutely nothing against transexuals but I do have to question the sanity of anyone who makes themselves uglier than they started out.

'Heatherette' -as you put it- is a fashion line that design amazing clothes.

asnbrb

I thought that the heatherette video was quite a bit better, artistically speaking, although I was startled when the kid came in and I do have to admit that it wasn't "my cup of tea". Sandra was completely random and I had no clue what she was selling after awhile- herself or the plushglass? (That one and I couldn't really understand what she was saying after awhile). I turned her off halfway through. At least with the Heatherette video, you knew that the lipstick was the focus. It grabbed me and drew me in and while I kind of wanted to look away after awhile, I couldn't.

chilibean

Just watched the video and I actually am repulsed by her lips and her attitude in general. Not only are her lips and mouth unattractive visually, but her whole persona is hateful and arrogant. Is this who MAC wants speaking for them...it must be or they wouldn't have given her the platform in which to speak on their site. I have come to expect more from MAC as leaders in ART and not political commentators. She is not a tastful or creative choice in my opinion and I have a reverse desire to try anything she is selling.

Cruella

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerhead
'Heatherette' -as you put it- is a fashion line that design amazing clothes.

"Heatherette 'as I put it'?" What does that mean? I'm talking about MAC Heatherette limited edition lipstick and the video with Amanda Lepore.

coachkitten

I just didn't understand the point of it! It just seems strange that MAC hardly ever advertises & now they are advertising a loud-mouth rant that really has nothing to do with the plushglass at all. It was kind of disappointing.

ShadowyLady

I'm in the minority here, but I didn't mind the Sandra video, or the Heatherette one. MAC isn't just about one type of beauty; there's plenty of room for the weird and unconventional. I think the videos are right in line with MAC's past history of unique spokespeople: RuPaul, kd lang, Liza Minelli. Sandra was the star of the Pool Party collection of 2001 and Sandy B lipstick is named for her. There are a lot of "characters" in the fashion world and MAC caters to that, for sure.

However, I can understand why these videos wouldn't appeal to everyone, just as not everyone likes the same sorts of clothes, music, food, movies etc. ad infinitum.

Joke

ok I couldn't hear what she was saying (no boxes), but I do agree that I don't want my lips to look that way ...

VeronikaJ

Not a fan of this video at all, and... for some MAC fans who may be "right wing, Republicans" I think this could be taken offensively (I'm not one, but there are many varying opionions who shop at MAC). I was surprised to see them use her again. Next time they would be better off with someone like Scarlett Johanson or Angie Jolie who have big, full lips and don't remind us of trash.
soapbox.gif