Sandra Bernhard video on maccosmetics.com?

pugmommy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by a914butterfly
i think angelina jolie would have been perfect for that- her lips are perfectly pouty and she is way prettier and not as scary as sandra bernhard (and her voice is pleasant)

yes! and they could have done a charity thing with it, she would be a GREAT viva glam !!

FlaLadyB

I hate the ad and emailed MAC and told them so. I also hear the F word! in the ad and considering that it can be listened to by anyone..no. The whole ad was irritating with her in it.

angela

i was annoyed by her in the video! why couldn't they book Angelina Jolie instead? it would totally sell plushglass if Angelina was the spokesperson!!

Kim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katura
AGH! I hated that random close up of that mouth! Those teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeth.

RAWR.

Her teeth were the worst part.

pugmommy7

This was just on CNN! apparently the phrase "If you're some thin lipped right wing republican b*tch" was removed from the video since people were offended.(7pm est)

maxcat

And then the MAC people finally got a clue and took the whole thing down... it's off the website. I'm personally embarassed by the whole thing and astonished that our supposed PR Geniuses thought this was in any way apropriate... or that editing it would be good enough... Ugh.

maxcat

They took out the Fword and they hacked out the bit where she called republicans "thin lipped B-ches"... apparently left the edited version up for a while and then took the whole mess down after the CNN item aired. Like I said, I'm just embarrased. First time with this company I've hung my head in shame. Didn't watch it b/c Sandra Bernhard irritates me... first time I saw it was on CNN.

mjalomo

I just saw the "Heatherette" video and the "Plushglass" video...are ALL the videos MAC makes supposed to leave you a little askew? To me, Sandra's rambling is sounding too random these days. (High, maybe? Bad editing? She seems more coherent in other things...) That heatherette video was at least intentionally strange...but vaguely disturbing in a "Silence of The Lambs, Goodbye Horses" kinda way.

Arabella

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjalomo
I just saw the "Heatherette" video and the "Plushglass" video...are ALL the videos MAC makes supposed to leave you a little askew? To me, Sandra's rambling is sounding too random these days. (High, maybe? Bad editing? She seems more coherent in other things...) That heatherette video was at least intentionally strange...but vaguely disturbing in a "Silence of The Lambs, Goodbye Horses" kinda way.

I haven't seen the Heatherette video. Is it on youtube? I tried to search for it, but couldn't find it.

MAChostage

I don't "get" MAC and these videos! I just watched the Heatherette one and the only thing that comes to my mind is WTF????

Arabella

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjalomo
Here's the link. It might have been too explicit for you tube. http://www.davidlachapelle.com/videos/mac.html

That chick's lips are even scarier that Sandra's.
rofl.gif

DaizyDeath

yeah when i first saw that video i was like WTF?
and then when the kid came into the video i was like wow
what parent would let their kid be in a commerical like that?
i just thought the whole thing was wierd and had nothing to do with heatherette or mac at all which was supposta be the point of the commerical.

OnaFyre

Having just seen the Heatherette video, all I can think is:

Why in the world didn't they put Heatherette in the Lure collection/packing?
hmm.gif