Scandalous Cosmetics?

widdershins

I agree. I was disappointed that the eyeshadow base was actually set up as an auction. There is no way that I'm paying more than the retail price for something I don't even know works.

I really think she has some cute looks, though. I love the makeup in her brush video.

The staining quality of the eyeshadows freaks me out, because I am paper-white to begin with and I can just imagine these huge splotches of color permanently on my eyelids, haha.

COBI

You can't utilize buy it now (fixed pricing) until you have feedback... mystery solved.
smiles.gif

pinkkvintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by widdershins
I agree. I was disappointed that the eyeshadow base was actually set up as an auction. There is no way that I'm paying more than the retail price for something I don't even know works.

I really think she has some cute looks, though. I love the makeup in her brush video.

The staining quality of the eyeshadows freaks me out, because I am paper-white to begin with and I can just imaging these huge splotches of color permanently on my eyelids, haha.

im super white also... they dont perminatly stain your lids! ha ha its just a little bit but it comes right off and it isnt like some super bright color... just a light stain. i was thrown off by that too at first but i really love how bright it all is

darkbeauty27

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDontKnowMomo
Hmm, I'd still like to try out the products.
Even if their marketing is "shady" or whatever, the products look nice, and that's all that really matters to me.

But I wonder what their products are made out of. Are their ingredients okay to use on the eyes and face? Those are things I would wonder about regardless of what the products look like, you know? There are no ingredient lists available for the primer and eyeshadows that I've found. Anybody seen any? And triple pigmented sounds a little scary to me. Almost dangerous for the eye area.

COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkkvintage
Is there a reason why you keep posting long essay like replies?

Is there a reason why you feel the need to judge the length of my responses?

I'm not sure why the length of my replies seem to offend you. I have always thought that it is more credibile to actually support my opinions instead of just making a single, easily misconstrued statement.

If it bothers you that much, just skip over them.
smiles.gif
No one says you have to read them.

amberw

I like that pink eye shadow but I'm all the way over in SC haha and I'm not much for ordering stuff online. Soo I guess this effects me none, butttttt I do think its pretty sketch for her not to say she owns the company in the video.. hah very misleading. Theres no way to do a review on your on make-up brand and not be biased ha. just my opinion.
th_dunno.gif

Ambonee

Quote:
yes because its annoying. i bet no one read the ENTIRE thing. no one cares about your credibility when it is that long to read. atleast i know i dont. but yes i will continue to skip over your rambling
smiles.gif

Wow. You are being incredibly rude. Why are you harassing Cobi? She's a very helpful member here and there was absolutely NO reason for you to be so rude to her.

And just so you know, I read the ENTIRE replies when she posts them, as I do whenever I find something helpful. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who does. It's a shame you feel the need to be so mean for no apparent reason.
thmbdn.gif
Especially during the holiday season.
ssad.gif

stronqerx

who says we can't love both mac and scandalous? this makes me excited and i love mac, but i love make up in general and i am willing to try another great line if its comparable to mac...the more make up the better !!!

Renee

I visited one of their kiosks in Montebello and although the girl was very nice, she bashed MAC throughout the entire conversation and sales pitch. I have no idea if she just assumed I wore MAC but I found it to be very unprofessional. She was rather young so I just attributed it to that. I am hopeful that if Scandalous plans to be a good cosmetic company that they will train their artists to praise their own product instead of bashing another in order to promote their own.

.k.

well then im going to have to do some investigating..montebello is not too far from me...

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
I wanted the eyeshadow primer, but it looks similar to the one sold at TKB trading, so I think I'll get those instead.

a85e_1.JPG

P1030915.jpg

I'm not sure if they are exactly the same though since one has more product than the other.

Yeah, I think that may be the same From TKB's website: Quote:
The primer comes in a 20-gram matte black jar with a black rimmed lid. It is pre-labled with the phrase "Eye Fix", directions for use, the ingredients list, the net weight (0.20 oz) and Made in the USA. There is no identifying company information, making it a good choice for private label.

According the the conversions I did, they're close to the same size as far as net weight.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
Yeah, I think that may be the same From TKB's website: According the the conversions I did, they're close to the same size as far as net weight.

I guess you're right. So TKB = ~5.7 grams and Scandelous = 5 grams. For some reason I thought the scandalous was 3.5 grams in my head
th_dunno.gif

user79

Where do you find that eyeshadow base on the tkb trading website? Can someone link? I'm confused on that site...

Ah nm found it here Costs $9.50 there

Wow it looks exactly the same, lol. But it's made with vaseline and a bunch of wax. Hm, sounds like it could be kind of slippery?
The ingredients include: Petrolatum (vaseline), Beeswax, Ozokerite and Parafin waxes (mineral waxes), Cadelilla Wax (a plant based wax), the preservative Quarternium-18-Hectorite, and the film-forming ingredient Propylene Carbonate. It also contains color additives.

I love how specktra always gets behind things, there's no fooling us!
greengrin.gif

mtrimier

I'm gonna pass on this brand.
I look forward to reading reviews and seeing FOTDs with the shadows, though.

lara

Quote:
Is there a reason why you keep posting long essay like replies?

Oy vey.

spacegirl2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
I wanted the eyeshadow primer, but it looks similar to the one sold at TKB trading, so I think I'll get those instead.

i was wondering about this...
where and by whom is this makeup being manufactured? what are the ingredients? is it tested on animals, etc??

i have been wondering for a while if this is a genuine brand or just wholesale generic stuff relabeled under this brand name??

.k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterbaby
i know this for a fact because i've met her(and she told me) & i have talked to other scandalous artists b4 at the kiosk where it was confirmed. and she also states it on her personal myspace profile.
so to me the fact that she does "tutorials" & Reviews on this cosmetic line on youtube as if she were any average consumer is so ridiculous. i mean why can't she be like" hi im the ceo of this new makeup line and i want to share my products with u."? i think that approach is more endearing and believable. instead she's trying to fool people. it all seems so shady.
thmbdn.gif
nonono.gif

wow thats pretty shady. also i noticed that im most of her videos shes keeps stating that ebay now carries the primer even thought nobody asked about it. but as of this moment
mac_addict.gif
i dont think i can convert so easily to another brand. haha i said "convert" im still curious and would like to try it out

Latest posts