Scandalous Cosmetics?

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by .k.
also i noticed that im most of her videos shes keeps stating that ebay now carries the primer even thought nobody asked about it.

A lot of people asked about it in the comments. I think I did as well.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Where do you find that eyeshadow base on the tkb trading website? Can someone link? I'm confused on that site...

Ah nm found it here Costs $9.50 there

Wow it looks exactly the same, lol. But it's made with vaseline and a bunch of wax. Hm, sounds like it could be kind of slippery?
The ingredients include: Petrolatum (vaseline), Beeswax, Ozokerite and Parafin waxes (mineral waxes), Cadelilla Wax (a plant based wax), the preservative Quarternium-18-Hectorite, and the film-forming ingredient Propylene Carbonate. It also contains color additives.

I love how specktra always gets behind things, there's no fooling us!
greengrin.gif

Pricilla also stated that if you use too much of the Scandalous Primer, it can crease, so maybe that one is also waxy. I don't mind waxy though. The primer I used to use was the Herbal Eye Concealer/base from Too Faced and it was great. I went through two of them. The only reason why I stopped using it was because I wanted to follow the hype of UDPP.

I was actually thinking about getting the TKB trading primer already because Tao, iamgrape1119, uses it and says that it is very similar to the popular Paula Dorf primer. When I heard about Pricilla saying the the Scandalous primer was similar to the Paula Dorf as well, I figured they must all be similar then.

.k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacegirl2007
i was wondering about this...
where and by whom is this makeup being manufactured? what are the ingredients? is it tested on animals, etc??

i have been wondering for a while if this is a genuine brand or just wholesale generic stuff relabeled under this brand name??

i was wondering the same thing! with the packaging and all it looks like it could be wholesale generic stuff...im just saying...
th_dunno.gif

jennifer.

i don't know, i was kind of curious about it myself and thought about going to check it out next time i'm down south but with the way they bash other companies, that's basically them criticizing what's on my face! the business practices alone kill the curiosity for me. and that primer? yeah, it doesn't look exclusive to their company anyway so how original can they possibly be? the way their products are marketed even seems like it could be a makeup collection included with all the 'as seen on tv' stuff.

just the whole ethic they follow puts me off. i think i'll stick to handing over my money to mac. at least i know what i'm putting on my face and i'm not being fed a bunch of gimmicks to buy it.

stronqerx

^^^ i agree, i am willing to try this company out and like i said before the more the merrier but i just don't understand why they have to bash mac? I mean it's like starting rivalery from the get-go and its totally unnecessary. Another thing they're just starting off, though they have talented MUAs and so called amazing products, they're in no position to bash mac. Mac is a well respected company that has been around for a while, it's like beyonce dissing tina turner ! hahah horrible example. But just saying, that's the only thing im not really feeling, but even so i am willing to try them.

ktforthewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterbaby
i know this for a fact because i've met her(and she told me) & i have talked to other scandalous artists b4 at the kiosk where it was confirmed. and she also states it on her personal myspace profile.
so to me the fact that she does "tutorials" & Reviews on this cosmetic line on youtube as if she were any average consumer is so ridiculous. i mean why can't she be like" hi im the ceo of this new makeup line and i want to share my products with u."? i think that approach is more endearing and believable. instead she's trying to fool people. it all seems so shady.
thmbdn.gif
nonono.gif

this i do totally agree with. i was under the impression, though, that it was 2 guys that owned it? at least from the academy myspace. but i did find it odd that she is a MUA for them yet preaches like shes just a consumer. semi fraudulent. and yeah, thats shady that the base is identical to the tkb base. but i do want to still try their shadows.

Wishie88

Hi.
I have been intrigued with this company since first seeing her youtube.
I have been wanting to try it, just to see.
But I live in Canada, so my gaining access to it will be in like 20 yrs probably ha ha.

I am really put off by the advertising, I would think from a purely personal point of view, if you were to start a company with products comparable to MAC,
You wouldn't want to bad mouth MAC like that.
Especially because MAC has been around for years and is a pretty well established company. As well as being part of Estee Lauder.
I've been an avid user of MAC since I was 14, but I admit some of their products do fall short sometimes, I personally am not a fan of MAC's bases.
But I don't like when companies or people bash MAC, just because I partly love the message MAC stands for, as well as the constant regeneration of the products.

But using a White base, makes any eyeshadow stand out.
especially a bright white one.

I think generally, a really bright well pigmented color will stain, my Ben Nye Cherry Red stains all the time, as well as the gorgeous Azalea.
I guess it does really depend on your base though.

The thing I don't understand is, if they are really established with a school and such, shouldn't they have a real website?
I mean some companies that don't even have the self hype that This one does have real websites.
As well as only ever having had one ebay listing?
How long has this company been around?

This is just my opinion, I haven't gotten to experience the company other than whats on here, but It still seems a little strange to me.

mcguirestyles

Well just to clarify things a bit. Most lines like Ben Nye, Kryolan, and Make Up Forever's highly pigmented shadows stain your lids; especially pinks, yellows, reds, and greens. Mac's shadows are nice but most of them are too frost toned and has too much shimmer and some of their matte colors stain also. If you are a makeup artist for the editorial side highly pigmented shadows are escentual to pick up on photo. Most of Mac's photos for their collections are shot in dark scenery and low lighting so they can show up on camera. They are very good for day to day wear but not for editorial purposes. I have ordered a few of the shadows from Illamasqua and Scandalous Cosmetics. They should be here next week. If you would like to see comparisons i'll be glad to show you. Mac vs Illamasqua and Mac vs Scandalous Cosmetics in low lighting and bright lighting.

Face2Mac

I noticed her youtube when she first starting doing them and I was like, pretty vibrant makeup but something was just off. Like why would you put MAC in your tags line then not use any mac products so I assumed she was hawking the product but in the wrong way.

There are plenty of small companies that make money from word of mouth, (like Taylor made minerals, The she space that, use to NYX but they are big time now without even marketing all that much) or sending it to someone like Xsparkage to try out and promote but what she is doing is shady, I think, and off putting but the makeuplooks are pretty.

Mzchio

Hey Everyone,

I've seen a lot of youtube tutorials using scandalous cosmetics and read almost all threads on them. How come they don't have a website? I like the bright colors, (ohh did I say that...I stay true to my former employer MAC) but I would love to try out the colors. I'm in San Diego, CA, anyone know where they sell them in my area?

mac_addict.gif

Brittni

"[FONT=arial,sans-serif]If you live in the LA area
Montebello Mall, Stonewood Mall, Plaza Mexico. We will put all of
our shadows on ebay soon.
Live.love.makeup.

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]- scandalouscosmetics"[/FONT]
[/FONT]

MAC Doll

OK, so I LOVE LOVE LOVE MAC. Thus my name MAC Doll. BUT I also believe in trying new things and forming your own opinions. I have been hearing the buzz about Scandalous and I have to admitt that my interest is peaked. I'm going to Southern CA in June for the IMATS and plan on going to a Scandalous cosmetics stand while out there to get some products to try. I do have one question for those of you who have tried the line, do the shadows stain your eyes when the shadow primer is used as well? Perhaps the shadows were made to be used with the primer for a reason. Please let me know!!! Thanks so much!

mac_addict.gif

NadiaD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguirestyles
I have ordered a few of the shadows from Illamasqua and Scandalous Cosmetics. They should be here next week. If you would like to see comparisons i'll be glad to show you. Mac vs Illamasqua and Mac vs Scandalous Cosmetics in low lighting and bright lighting.

Oooh Id be very very interested in this - especially the Illamasqua Ive been tempted by this for a while and they have started showing up in magazines now.

Let me know if you do a comparison!

Thankyou!

Nadia xxx

daisyv316

So I've decided to give my two cents if anyone cares lol

This August out of curiosity I bought a total of 6 eyeshadows and their primer. The first three I bought were colors to use for a pin up look, so yea very neutral. Then I bought three loose shadows, but again I got a deep bronze color, a medium tone bronze and a gold color. And I have to say that I was quite satisfied with the color payoff. I did take a look at their bright colors but they looked to glittery chunky so I passed. I did wanted to post some color swatchs here but for some reason, forgot about it. I also purchased one of their brushes, for $10. But I honestly could have paid $3 for the same brush at coastal scents or crown brushes, because they are the same!
As, far as lid stains, I havent experience that, so I think it might just be bright colors. As many as you have said, I am also certain that priscilla IS the CREATOR, because, a great while ago at downey their MUA introduced me to her as being the creator of this line. So I said "cool!" But I didnt buy anything til this past summer.

What I can say about their primer is, was a waste of money IMHO. As I told her on her youtube chanel, it still creases on me after a couple of hours. So for me it is not long lasting. I only used the traditional amount as if I were to use UDPP and primer pots from MAC. no more, no less. I also noticed that the MUA at SC did get a chunk of it to swatch on the back of their hands and got a chunk of their loose shadow over it. Just like pricilla did on her video. This primer is nothing special. I'll stick to UDPP and my pots lol. Well this is it for me. Sorry for being too long, I tried to keep it short.
The eyeshadows were $12 if i remember, and the primer was $13.

Kitiara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishie88
The thing I don't understand is, if they are really established with a school and such, shouldn't they have a real website?

I was thinking the same thing.
I know I wouldn't spend any money on a school thats only website is a MYSPACE.
thmbdn.gif

1QTPie

Hey ladies,

Just an FYI, Pricilla re-did the primer swatch video. She didn't edit or anything this time.

HeavenLeiBlu

okay, I am hearing from an artist unaffiliated with any brand that Scandalous is the same product as Medusa's Makeup (Medusa's Make-Up bright mineral eyeshadow, pure pigment, all natural makeup), and that they're just labeled differently. Based on Scandalous' first shadow base video and the pics on medusa's site, I think she may be right. Can anyone with experience with both brands offer a second opinion? Hell, Medusa is cheaper and readily available online, so if this is true, I'll just go there instead