Scandalous Cosmetics?

lipshock

MAC_Whore, I seriously couldn't have said it any better myself.

I'm waiting for someone to a negative video review on the products . . and then everyone will be like, "You know what? I didn't like blah blah blah blah either and I thought that the blah blah blah was blah blah blah blah blah." Yadda, yadda. Same old, same old.

Scandalous Cosmetics, to me, equals another makeup bandwagon that lacks originality and creativity.

MAC_Whore

/\ Lipshock, you have had that avatar for awhile now and you know what? I still bust up every time I see it.
smiles.gif

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
l_5a1fbefab18e51935642c11c3ccefa7b.jpg

Another thing to mention is that Scandalous is setting themselves up for a smackdown from the EL legal team by using MAC's logo. Someday soon the EL lawyers will roll up in a black panel van and bitch slap them with a legal action.

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
/\ Lipshock, you have had that avatar for awhile now and you know what? I still bust up every time I see it.
smiles.gif

Girl, I am never changing that avi.
nonono.gif

Jack with his Cher doll is EPIC. EPIC, I tell you!

SuSana

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
smiles.gif

Me too cause I seen that scene play out especially when he sits the doll at the table lol!

enigmatic

I have to say, I'm amused after reading through this entire thread. I thought that I would add my thoughts on this company, based on what I've seen in person and heard from others.

First of all, I have visited their "store" a few times while I was in southern California. I did notice a lot of MAC bashing being tossed around in conversations between the MUA's and customers there. A lot of girls were asked what makeup brands they were wearing, only to have the MUA's respond by rolling their eyes or bashing the company when they're told that it is indeed MAC cosmetics. It goes from there. I do admit being excited about this makeup line from what I had seen online. However... Seeing them in person, I'm left completely unimpressed. The packaging looks very cheap as does the product inside. Though there is a big color payoff with their shadows, it looked like nothing more than other makeup I've seen being sold at Hot Topic (for half the price, I might add). Many of the eyeshadows had chunky glitter in them and looked, to say the least, cheap.

Now, I believe in letting the product speak for itself. If the company had shady marketing strategies but also had high quality products, I would most likely still be a customer. Since their products leave much to be desired, the shady practices just add to it. Having friends/employees/affiliated people troll various websites that mention the company and attacking people that don't praise it? Reviewing the product as if you're just a normal customer, despite being the owner of the company? Selling wholesale, overpriced makeup and tools? Thats right, I said it. It's shady. You can treat this as gossip or fact. I overheard a former employee of theirs let it slip (or maybe it was intentional? I'm unsure) that their makeup and Medusas are absolutely the same. Whether it be true or not, it doesn't help the growing suspicion that this company is simply slapping their logo onto wholesale makeup from other companies.

As far as the base goes... You've all seen the video the owner did. I don't need to go into detail about how that was also "rigged", since others have already pointed it out. Upon talking to a few people that have purchased the base, I was told generally the same thing. It creases like no other and it stays "wet", rather than absorbing into the skin and drying. Though it does make colors POP, any other pure white base will do just the same (for example, NYX jumbo eye pencils in milk). Don't even get me started on their brushes.

Let me just put it out there, that I'm being unbiased. I'm also not a "brainwashed MAC minion" as it was said in the beginning of this thread, considering I've only started using MAC about a month ago. There are so many other brands out there that carry high quality eyeshadows and products for less than Scandalous Cosmetics. If you're a fan of their products, thats great. However many others, including myself have found it to not be worth it. I just thought I'd share my opinion, since a lot of members here seem to be curious about their products. I know that everyone is always on the lookout for new, quality makeup lines to substitute for MAC. This one just happens to miss the mark.

mtrimier

^^^

LOL! Damn you for that link! Now I have to keep a page open at work just for that button for people that come into my office!
greengrin.gif

jackeetm

I just read through this entire thread...glad I read all of this. I am enlightened. I've been watching all of the youtubers doing reviews and praising Scandalous...I still want to try it, but now I am a lot more informed. Thank you all.

MzEmo

I just ordered 12 of the Medusa eyeshadow for $89. Its the same eyeshadows as Scandalous. On WETPAINTmakeupartist on youtube (subscribe, their amazing!), Lyllie says that the eyeshadows are exactly the same as medusas. I rather buy from medusa now that i know about scandalous' tactics.

ktforthewin

i bought the scandalous primer, and though i do think it picks up color well, i just found out about scandalous and medusa's makeup being the same. kind of a letdown. but i believe the company that supplies both scandalous and medusa's is going to be at the midwest/america's beauty show here in chicago, so i shall see and let you know.

TISH1124

Yeah I have the primer too...and I am not impressed with it ...I do however want to try the shadows...

Now that I know they are Medusa ...I know where to buy them...hummm I thought they were something new

jackeetm

I am disappointed to hear that the primer is nothing too exciting. I am waiting for mine in the mail. Last night I went to Medusa's website and also added them as a friend on myspace. The products look the same as Scandalous...for sure. Wow! Oh well, it'll be nice to try the products out.

devin

I did see that wetpaint makeup artist did say that medusa's makeup was the same as scandalous also. i didn't see a light blue color, which was the color i liked the most. what color would be considered equivalent to bright light blue from scandalous, if anyone knows?

MzEmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by devin
I did see that wetpaint makeup artist did say that medusa's makeup was the same as scandalous also. i didn't see a light blue color, which was the color i liked the most. what color would be considered equivalent to bright light blue from scandalous, if anyone knows?

Ladyburd is supposedly the manufacturer for manic panic, medusa's makeup, and scandalous. So i'm pretty sure they make the bright light blue color. Here's the link LadyBurd® - Exclusive Private Label Cosmetics I'm not sure if you can buy products on the site though...

Aqua looks like a similar color LadyBurd® - Exclusive Private Label Cosmetics

suzy_

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzEmo
I just ordered 12 of the Medusa eyeshadow for $89. Its the same eyeshadows as Scandalous. On WETPAINTmakeupartist on youtube (subscribe, their amazing!), Lyllie says that the eyeshadows are exactly the same as medusas. I rather buy from medusa now that i know about scandalous' tactics.

which video does she say this in? im subbed to them, but i must have missed that one. i love their vids! (NVM! FOUND IT ON MY OWN.)

i agree... i rather buy from medusa also.

user79

If Scandalous is indeed Medusa's Makeup, I've heard reviews from a few people that their eyeshadows are super chalky and chunky glitter...meh!

Willa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
If Scandalous is indeed Medusa's Makeup, I've heard reviews from a few people that their eyeshadows are super chalky and chunky glitter...meh!

From what I've seen, it looks cheap
Anyway, I really dislike the whole way they're making their advertisement, so I won't buy any of their products, good or not.