Scandalous Cosmetics?

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzEmo
Ladyburd is supposedly the manufacturer for manic panic, medusa's makeup, and scandalous. So i'm pretty sure they make the bright light blue color. Here's the link LadyBurd - Exclusive Private Label Cosmetics I'm not sure if you can buy products on the site though...

Aqua looks like a similar color LadyBurd - Exclusive Private Label Cosmetics

Ah ha, I see. So it's this darn shadow base right here:
LadyBurd® - Exclusive Private Label Cosmetics

Hmm Ladyburd seems to be the supplier for many online companies I see.

jackeetm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
sigh..

after all this drama...i think i'll just stick to MAC and Urban Decay LOL

I agree with you.

I used the Scandalous base today and it's terrible. It creased so badly and I've never had an issue with any other base.
th_confused_new.gif
th_confused_new.gif

daisyv316

On a youtuber's chanel me and priscella had the following to say:
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

makeupartistamateur<-her
Woe woe woe. It's seems if though this has taken a life of its own. Yes, medusa makeup and manic panic cary about 7 eyeshadows that are VERY similar to ours. BUT WE CARY OVER 200 EYESHADOWS, LOOSE PIGMENTS, AND LOOSE MINERAL SHADOWS. Our shadow base is definitely not the same as the tkb one. It might be similar but I seen the pics and the container is slightly different, im not sure about the product it self but im pretty sure it's not the same.

daisyv316 <-meThis is insane! at least medusa got back to you. These primer look exactly the same, but they wont admit it. I mean the "creator" of scandalous cosmetics make youtube videos to talk about her products, which is fine she wants to advertise her merchandise. However, she comes across as another beauty junkie making videos. Whats wrong with saying "this is my line so what do you think? I dont know the right words, but this smells fishy.

HER<--
Hey, most people in l.a. know who I am. I have been on (television) univision channel 34 many times, I have many scandalous boutiques and a school in l.a. that anyone can find me working at. I never thought that scandalous nor I would become so nationally known, that is why I never had a formal introduction of my self. This is for the people that don't know who I am that probably don't live in the l.a. area,HI I AM PRISCILLA AND I AM ONE OF THE CO-FOUNDERS OF SCANDALOUS, and am very proud of it

ME<--
I think it would be more formal if you told everybody not just me because I know already. And hey, I am a consumer of your line, but I am not a fan of your primer because well you know the reasons. The eyeshadows I have bought from you I can honestly say that I am satisfied with, I dont have a problem with that. However, the fact that you came across on youtube as another nameless make up guru is just shady.

HER<--
DAISYV316, about the makeup, medusa makeup carries about 8 shadows that are very similar to ours, we cary over 200 eyeshadows which they definitely do NOT cary. Their base is completely different from ours.

ME<--
I woudlnt know about this because I dont have any of medusa's make up or the base, so I can't compare.

HER<--
Daisy v, there is nothing "fishy" going on. Your words really hurt me because you are doubting my passion, If you do not like scandalous cosmetics or my channel that is fine. But I think you are missing the point, the reason why we are doing scandalous is because we love, breath makeup. I would respect you more if you would rather focus on ART, concepts and ideas then trying to put these vicious innuendos about what I am trying to do. We are all artist & would rather talk about art then gossip.

ME<--
Like I said, I dont doubt your make up line, but just how you portrayed yourself on youtube. I honestly did not like that. Perhaps because I knew who you were from the beginning. I thnk you should have been more honest and said, this is my make up line, I did this, it looks like this, try it! This might not have been your intentions, but this is how many of us saw it.

HER<--This is where she removes her comment for some unknown reason
daisyv316, The reason why i started doing YOUTUBE was because some of my MYSPACE FRIENDS were asking me to do a tourtorial on my brows. so i did. like i said before, i never knew that my page would be watched nationally. i never said i wasn't one of the co-founders, when people would ask me i would always say yes, i honestly thought people knew, i didn't want people to think that i was
snobbing them or bragging i'm not "shady", or diseveing.

After that other youtubers join in the discussion.

Face2Mac

Yeah, this thing is blowing up because she is being exposed and she has this other followers that are going to every channel that gets that shadow primer and write comments when they don't like the base, like "oh wow, you must have really oily lids or it didn't crease on me must be you. For example, Daisy do you recognize the same yt names on your comments.

sweetieliezel (2 days ago)
yeah its true im not satisfied w/ the scandalous it creases on me.thats why before i put scandalous base i make sure i put UDPP 1st.i prefer udpp,lemon aid,shisheido & paintpot didnt crease on me.

Marissa1217
Hi Liezel...I will definately do one base underneath and this one on top. I still love the color payoff with this base. too bad for me I have oily eyelids.

MY2HAZELEYEZ
WOW..r u serious? well maybe becuase you have oily lids, well i havent had that problem so i guess im good, right before scandalous i never wore a base, i didnt even know i had to, to make the colors more intense. but now i know with the scandalous base its helping ..did you see my pink and white tut i had my shadow on for 10 hrs and the last two pics are the results, it looks like if i just put it on ok pues thanks for sharing its your honest opinion and thats what counts

Marissa1217
Hwy Mama...Yeah Unfortunatly it didnt work for me. I wanted it to work really bad! The color pay off is gorgeous. What I will do is probably use one of the other bases underneath and this one on top. That may work.
Thanks for the comment.

MY2HAZELEYEZ
you know i just saw a video as well and shes going to do that as well wear the udpp on the bottom let me know well theres no point of me doing it right jeje thanks again

HeavenLeiBlu

I've noticed that this MY2HAZELEYEZ person is seriously jocking lots of vids that have unfavorable things abt Scandalous... like shes either a drone or a plant to stand in Priscilla's defense.

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
I've noticed that this MY2HAZELEYEZ person is seriously jocking lots of vids that have unfavorable things abt Scandalous... like shes either a drone or a plant to stand in Priscilla's defense.

Yep. She was on this video in the comments giving this girl grief. I cannot wait until someone who is really big (lots of subscribers) that will tell the truth about this madness.

YouTube - Manic Panic, Scandalous Cosmetics and Medusa's Makeup Eyeshadow Paints

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by CellyCell
So, this is supposedly the same stuff as Scandalous too:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CellyCell
Bitch Slap! Cosmetics

Yeah, I was looking at their site yesterday, and between their site, the myspace, and their fledgling youtube channel (that just posted a vid yesterday but I can't remember the username); what I've gleaned is that the common denominator is really just gifted artists. It should be obvious that it doesn't matter if we get these products in our hands, because in the wrong hands, the potential to look either blah or a hot mess is still there.

I'm confident that all 4 of these brands (Scandalous, Manic Panic, Medusa's, and Bitch Slap) are all the same, it's just that some of them are offering products that the others arent, but with a significant enough overlap that we all have a choice in whom we'd like to patronize.

I'm turned off by Priscilla's (Scandalous) smoke and mirrors approach to touting the line, and lack of general business savvy, especially in the age of e-retailing. She keeps yammering about how she's about the art, etc, and I think that's great, BUT, you're running a business here. If you wanna be about the art, get someone with solid business acumen to advise you, and help you expand properly. It's possible to be the face, heart and soul of a company while handling business. Clearly she has trouble with that. Plus, duh, I ain't calling no hotline to buy stuff sight unseen. Get a clue and a website, homes!

Manic Panic has been around for I dunno how long, but I'd forgotten that they did cosmetics, so I don't mind grabbing a few items form them.

Medusa's seems to be the most cost effective and has the most things ready to go online, although I'd like to see more potted shadows that arent glittery.

Bitch Slap is another cute fledgling, but their online stock is pretty limited, and more expensive then Medusa's.

These are the things at the top of my mind, and the criteria I'll use to make my choice when I decide to try these products. I'm just glad we've been able to come to some sort of resolution.

daisyv316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
Yeah, this thing is blowing up because she is being exposed and she has this other followers that are going to every channel that gets that shadow primer and write comments when they don't like the base, like "oh wow, you must have really oily lids or it didn't crease on me must be you. For example, Daisy do you recognize the same yt names on your comments.

sweetieliezel (2 days ago)
yeah its true im not satisfied w/ the scandalous it creases on me.thats why before i put scandalous base i make sure i put UDPP 1st.i prefer udpp,lemon aid,shisheido & paintpot didnt crease on me.

Marissa1217
Hi Liezel...I will definately do one base underneath and this one on top. I still love the color payoff with this base. too bad for me I have oily eyelids.

MY2HAZELEYEZ
WOW..r u serious? well maybe becuase you have oily lids, well i havent had that problem so i guess im good, right before scandalous i never wore a base, i didnt even know i had to, to make the colors more intense. but now i know with the scandalous base its helping ..did you see my pink and white tut i had my shadow on for 10 hrs and the last two pics are the results, it looks like if i just put it on ok pues thanks for sharing its your honest opinion and thats what counts

Marissa1217
Hwy Mama...Yeah Unfortunatly it didnt work for me. I wanted it to work really bad! The color pay off is gorgeous. What I will do is probably use one of the other bases underneath and this one on top. That may work.
Thanks for the comment.

MY2HAZELEYEZ
you know i just saw a video as well and shes going to do that as well wear the udpp on the bottom let me know well theres no point of me doing it right jeje thanks again

There have been several people that have the same experience about the primer, but I recognize MY2HAZELEYEZ as somebody else said, priscilla's defender.

CreamPuffer

I don't know. Maybe they might have more pigmentation but I think they have a MAJOR flaw. There is no way they are going to become a serious competition to MAC, simply because of the name. The name I'm sorry to say is just lame. For example: First time you heard someone say "OMG, scandalous cosmetics is great". You probably though sounds kinda cheap. No? Maybe I'm just being a snob but that name just makes it sound cheap and makes me think of some low brand cosmetic company. It's more suited to compete with NYX, Prestige, etc....

After going through the thread looks like they buy their stuff from some supplier that sells their products to other companies as well. Comparable to MAC? Yea, ok. LOL
Well, I was considering just trying them out but after reading all this, I'll stay away. That's way too much shady for me. Anyway, the whole thing is sad because I really like that girl tuts. But making it look like she's just some customer reviewing that line is just wrong.

FYI: I'm so tired of people stating how UDPP is not all that great when it comes to making color pops, blah blah blah. Hello? It's a beige base that blends with your skin. Use some common sense. Colored bases such as white, red, black, etc.... is obviously going to make the color pop more. Also, the main function of UDPP is to smooth out your eyelid surface for better and longer application. Which it does.

CreamPuffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
Oh man, I hope I can get my hands on Scandalous one of these days. It totally looks like MAC and they have a makeup school too! I did a search on google and saw the myspace and myspaces of the creator and some artists. I must say this cosmetic line is FIERCE just from what I see. I have a strong feeling this company is going to grow.

Look what I found:

l_5a1fbefab18e51935642c11c3ccefa7b.jpg

OUCH!

As much as I love MAC, I'm open for any competition. Hey, if it's better, why not.

I'm sorry but that totally turned me off from them. To slam another company so openly is extremely unprofessional. It's something any respectable company knows about. Again, I might be biased but that NAME drives me crazy. If they had a better name I would be more inclined towards them and even then seeing something like an out right attack on a possible competitor would irk me. The fact that their sales people openly slam Mac is rude and disgraceful. I have no respect for a company that focuses on attacking other brands as a way of promotion rather then focusing on just promoting their product with positive means.

mtrimier

When I first heard the name I first thought of Funkdoobiest and that this was definitely some CA brand. I never thought it was a high end brand, and especially not after their ad tactics.

mtrimier

tong.gif

well i did! the song from "Mi vida loca", "Scandalous". even though now i think it was someone else. sickness. damn my mental jukebox!

Latest posts