Scars - treatment & causes

amy

Ok well, in short, I hate Dream Matte Mousse foundation. If I could sue Maybelline New York, I would in a heartbeat. That stuff freaking RUINED my skin. RUINED it.

I used to have clear skin with occasional breakouts. I used that stuff and loved it for a while, but then I started breaking out more and more. I blamed it on horomones and what not, but the breakouts just kept on coming. I finally linked it to my foundation (I should have realized that light years ago) and stopped using it. Since then, my skin has cleared up significantly, but there's a problem.

Some of the blemishes that the foundation caused are DEEP. They started out as enormous zits, and they were deep below the surface of my skin. (EXACTLY like cystic acne, only I just had it in three or four places on my chin and that was it) There are scars left from where those zits were. They're noticable enough that it looks like I'm still broken out in that area, even though I'm not.

What can I do? Is there anything that can help remove scarring? (Aside from seeing a doctor)

You ladies are incredibly smart, so I figured this would be the place to come.

TONS of tia!!

PnkCosmo

First of all, ((((hugs)))) to you!!

You should try the new Cityface products. They actually really work!! Just give them about 4-6 weeks, and you should notice a difference.

The CITY Face Skin Refinisher is the exfoliator that you would use 2-3x per week.

Follow up by using the CITY Face Skin Remodeler daily either at night, or during the day under your moisturizer.

amy

Eeee
smiles.gif
Hugs are good!!

I'll definitely be looking into that!! Thank you
smiles.gif

Jessica

I agree with PinkCosmo, but if you're still having problems after that I'd see a dermatologist. They would be able to make any suggestions and have access to meds that you can't buy over the counter.
**Sending lots of love your way**

haha_noodlez

You could try mederma, its proven to "heal" scars. its pretty costly @ 14.00/2oz or sumpen like that but it's worth every penny. A dermatologist will probably give you some sort of topical antibotic that'll help w/the break outs. Other than that, sorry bout the break outs and good luck!

My younger sister used L'Oreal True Match and broke out in 2 days. My mom calls her "Mountain of Doom"....heeheehee. (sorry I thought I'd throw in some humor)

GoldieLox

If you see a dermatologist about it then they should be able to give you a perscription... if they are like dark spots type scars or something than the dermo can give you a r/x for hydrocornone probably like 4% should do the trick and basically what that is is a bleaching cream that is safe for the face and it will bleach out the dark spot from the scar to your normal skin color.
And i know that sounds scary but it isnt it wont hurt you and you wont look like micheal jackson ahah.

i work at a medical day spa where we do chemical peels, botox, and restylan.. so i know a little bit about skin. im not an expert but im the next step down from the owner/person who does peels.. so i have learned some stuff.

OH and i noticed you guys talking about DDF . we sell that. well just the blemish foaming cleanser.. the others stuff isnt very good but our younger teenage pt's love it.

kimmy

reversing scars?

i'm not getting my hopes up on this one haha cause i don't think it's possible. buut, is there maybe a cream or something that will do away with scars? maybe not completely, but at least a little?

rouquinne

there are bandage-like products that you can put on scar tissue to flatten it and reduce redness. the one that comes to mind is called Rejuveness. there's also a product called Silipos that works on the same theory.

massage with castor oil also helps and is MUCH cheaper.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Those only work if the scar is pretty fresh. For someone like myself with a scar that has been there for many years. you pretty much have to go and get it removed with lasers, or acids they put on your face. and its pretty pricey.

Shawna

I have a really big nasty scar from my C-section. I have tried everything on it, and nope, it's not going away. I figure if my son asks, I'll just tell him it's where my tummy smiled the day he was born. Scars suck. Another option depending on the scar location is a cover-up with a tattoo. I have seen cover-ups done, and they always turn out surprisingly well. Plus then you get something pretty instead of the ugly scar. If I ever find something that works, I'll post about it.

missunderstood

For small scars..POLYSPORIN CREAM works really really well!!! I just leave on a dab of it overnight and the scars fade considerably by morning.

Julez

Mederma is a miracle worker. You have to apply it a few times a day and you're gonna have to keep it up for awhile but if you don't get lazy (like me) then you'll see improvements fast.

Of course it won't immediately go away but it is pretty damn good.
Kind of expensive for a little tube :-/ but oh well.
Oh and the kids one works REALLY good too. haha.

Lilstace

Vitamin E pure Wheat Germ oil is pretty fab at healing scars although they need to be fairly newish!

kimmy

i used vitamin e on all the scars when they were new but for some reason my skin just doesn't react to it like normal skin does haha :\ i'm definately going to have to try polysporin cream and mederma though.

thanks for your help, everyone <333

mspixieears

I read an advert that says if you get a scar from surgery etc. pure rose oil will do wonders to heal it and minimise scarring.

For facial scarring, like dried blemishes etc. moisturiser with vit C is the shiznit. Always wanted to say that. I can be a bit of a 'picker' though I get pimples rarely, and I've used Aesop primrose moisturising cream and it says on bottle it has a high vit C content and you would not believe how it's helped cell renewal. You can hardly tell I had scars in the first place. Have also been using Aesop's parsley seed toner, which also has buttloads of the magic C.

caffn8me

A lot depends on where the scar is. If it's somewhere that you can easily cover then you can try something like Cica-Care which is a reusable silicone adhesive sheet that is placed over wounds. It takes a few months but it can fade scars that are years old and is clinically proven.

Polysporin cream is an antibiotic preparation which may have uses for open wounds and those which are still healing but it almost certainly won't fade old scars.

puffyamiyumifan

Help! how to lighten scars?

Are there things out there to lighten scars that work? i have 2 huge scars on my ankle and When I wear capri pants/skirts I am VERY self conscious of them. I tried the mederma cream FOREVER and it did not do a thing for me. any recs? TIA!
Edited to add:
I would even be open to a makeup that will not smear and will cover my scars- I just have some parties to go to and really dont want them to show. Thanks again