Scars - treatment & causes

try microdermabrasion...i have a lot of acne marks/scars and its been helping me clear up and i've been using at home kits.

luvme4me

i need help with scars too I have tried almost everything I haven't been able to wear blush for a year now i am thinking about getting laser check out acne.org thiers a forum jsut for acne scars my name on thier is the same

ruby_soho

I didn't have terrible acne scars, like uneven texture or anything, but a fair amount of red and purple spots on my face. I went to a dermatologist and was first perscribed Retin-A cream, which was too harsh for my skin since it's also really sensitive and dry (go figure). I went back two months later and was perscribed "Clindamycin 2% in Cetaphil mixture" and it works soo well. I never ever break out any more, and because of that my skin has been able to heal the scars without being bothered by new acne.

JunkaLunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby_soho
I didn't have terrible acne scars, like uneven texture or anything, but a fair amount of red and purple spots on my face. I went to a dermatologist and was first perscribed Retin-A cream, which was too harsh for my skin since it's also really sensitive and dry (go figure). I went back two months later and was perscribed "Clindamycin 2% in Cetaphil mixture" and it works soo well. I never ever break out any more, and because of that my skin has been able to heal the scars without being bothered by new acne.

I've been thinking about going to see derm. Around how much does it cost you? I've always been afriad it'd be a bit too much and I guess thats my reason for not going.

d_flawless

you could try those at-home microdermabrasion sets, like the ones from l'oreal. i've used it and i really liked how it made my skin feel, like, refined. you will def. need to exfoliate regularly, if you don't already, since that will increase cell-turnover and remove dead skin cells that are probably prohibiting your skin from doing that now. also, it sounds dumb, but lots of water and following a cleanse-tone-moisturize routine twice a day also helps, since your skin is hydrated, performing at it's best, and healthy, also increasing activity under the surface...hmm, as for other OTC products, i know gycolic acid as any active ingredient is good for this also, but if you have sensitive skin, def. keep the concentration to a minimum, since you might breakout and that would def. not be what you're looking for...
hope i helped!

asnbrb

i had six sessions of microdermabrasion/facials when i was younger (22?). i had HORRIBLE acne scars- pits, discolorations, everything- on the hollows of my cheeks, temples and forehead.

my mom's friend talked me into the sessions and to start using dermalogica as my cleanser. my skin now (i'm 26) is clear and nearly perfectly smooth. i also credit the dermalogica in cutting down the amount of pimples drastically- i've tried changing cleansers and PAID FOR IT so i know it's not "growing out of it". The big bottle is more than 40 dollars, but all you need is a teensy amount to clean your face.

ruby_soho

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkaLunk
I've been thinking about going to see derm. Around how much does it cost you? I've always been afriad it'd be a bit too much and I guess thats my reason for not going.

I'm not too sure how much it cost, I'm pretty sure it was covered by my health care, all I had to show was my card.

Isabel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoeEyedGirl
Arbonne Thermal Fusion! I know I've recommended it before but it is because it WORKS! Use it 5 days in a row a week and it is incredible. It really diminshed my stretch marks and it helps with scars and cystic acne too.

where can you buy that?

JunkaLunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalasvegas
try microdermabrasion...i have a lot of acne marks/scars and its been helping me clear up and i've been using at home kits.

what kit do you use and where can i get it etc. etc. ???

JunkaLunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_flawless
you could try those at-home microdermabrasion sets, like the ones from l'oreal. i've used it and i really liked how it made my skin feel, like, refined. you will def. need to exfoliate regularly, if you don't already, since that will increase cell-turnover and remove dead skin cells that are probably prohibiting your skin from doing that now. also, it sounds dumb, but lots of water and following a cleanse-tone-moisturize routine twice a day also helps, since your skin is hydrated, performing at it's best, and healthy, also increasing activity under the surface...hmm, as for other OTC products, i know gycolic acid as any active ingredient is good for this also, but if you have sensitive skin, def. keep the concentration to a minimum, since you might breakout and that would def. not be what you're looking for...
hope i helped!

Thanks! You did help!
smiles.gif

Jolly

I have several pitted scars and poke marks on my face from years of acne and have been using all kinds of products, with no improvement. Recently , my cousin gave a jar of the naturalis scar treatment cream for me to try it out .After slightly over a week of using the cream , I noticed the small pitted scars has become more shallow and less red .
smiles.gif
It’s good to see that for once that the cream works for me but still I have to be more patience and follow the regime in applying the cream . I started seeing good results after using the scar treatment cream for 2 months and the half . I am into the 2 jars of the cream but the results I’m seeing are worth it. The poke marks especially on my cheeks have improve d tremendously. Noticed the texture of my skin is softer looking and healthier as well .
lol.gif

Hope it goes well for you too .
smiles.gif
You can read more here www.organiconline.com.sg

Isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
Microdermabrasion is possibly your best bet of the scars are pitted.

Deffinitelly your best. And I would have it done professionally.
However you could also try a series of peels or glycolics.

Ambi

Zink paste helps some people [also zink tablets/foods with lots of zink in them].

blueglitter

Very Red/Deep Scars

hey everyone
I just wondered if anyone has any tips, products or anything that can help with very bad scaring i have on both arms, both legs, the arms are the worst
cry.gif
im seriously considering having a skin graft but i dont know if its even possible to cover that much skin? is there anything i should try first, any help would be much appreciated
smiles.gif

Nikki

HOTasFCUK

I heard of a cream called Mederma.....i have bad scars on my hands because my cat scratches me like crazy. Some go away but some a really bad esp. in the winter when its cold outside and my skin is dry. I don't do much about it though but i do want to try that cream but im not sure if its available in canada. Have you been to a dermotologist? i'm sure they can recommend something or i think you can remove scars with laser. a skin graft is too extreme!

kissmypinkstar

I have bad scars on my arms and legs and i've found that they fade over time if you look after the skin. Make sure you moisturise those areas and maybe try using something like bio oil or vitamin e oil to lessen the scars. They won't disappear completely but mine are hardly noticable.

velvet

def. keep them mositurized.
taking vit. E suppliments might help (im not sure but i am guessing). they certainly wouldnt hurt!
have you consulted a dermatologist about your concerns? it really depends on the kind of scars you have
how long have you had them? if they are recent then time will def. help