Scars - treatment & causes

V15U4L_3RR0R

I've been told that Decleor Prologene Gel is very effective at fading and reducing scars. Maybe you could give that a go?

Kuuipo

It is important for people with cystic acne never to squeeze or rupture their blemishes. Never,ever! Thats what causes pockmarks. Scars fade over time and can be covered,pockmarks slightly fill in by themselves,but they will always be there. A dermatologist can perform epidermabrasion,laser treatments, and fill in the holes with silicone like substances. Generally, it is hormonal acne that is cystic,and pressure on the skin makes it worse. Squeezing at blemishes cuases the fluid in the sac below the surface to release inflammation. Scarring after cystic acne is generally the patient's fault. Many people can not leave their hands off their faces,and many people become obsessive with "getting rid of it faster". Over use of harsh products can stimulate the body to make more oil. Acne can not be" scrubbed away" or "dried up". Use of certain products like Benzyl Peroxide,Topical Erythromycin (I needed to use these as a teenager with cystic acne)salcylic acid all work not only on the surface of the skin but also below it as well. Avoid clogging the face with oils and lotions. Vitamin E capsules will just clog the pores. These are also insoluable to the skin. Mederma and alpha hydroxy acids and skin bleaching agents can help fade the scars slightly,but not fill in pock marks. I hope this helps some. ......buy only non comedogenic products,snd do not lean your face in your hands or put pressure or squeeze/pick at your skin. The hands are an amazingly rich source of bacteria and viruses,mainly staph and strep.

Patricia

i have 2 nasty scars on my shin, they are about 7-8 months old, and although they are not very big they are sort of brownish and i hate them
ssad.gif

i have a wedding this summer and i'd like to show a bit of leg

do you think this silicone sheets would help? if i apply them every night till august you think they would help to lighten them at least a bit? has anyone tried them?

NatalieMT

I don't know if anyone has already mentioned a product called Bio-Oil but I had fantastic results using it and it wasn't at al expensive. Its takes a good few months of continous use but it was worth it for me. I had a few nasty scars and now you'd never know they had even been there.

_tiffany

SCARS FROM BLISTERS?
I think I have scars from blisters on my toes. They're round, darker circles on my skin where I once had blisters from my shoes. Does anyone know of a way to fade them or help them become less visible?

lavina

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieMT
I don't know if anyone has already mentioned a product called Bio-Oil but I had fantastic results using it and it wasn't at al expensive. Its takes a good few months of continous use but it was worth it for me. I had a few nasty scars and now you'd never know they had even been there.

Yes I love Bio Oil!!!! I've been using it frequently for the past few weeks and my skin has almost done a 180. It's helped a lot with my hyper pigmentation marks and even helped flatten some of my pimples.

ClaireAvril

I've been using Aveeno CLear complexion and its been really evening out my skin.. on youtube someone suggested nano something.. heard it can be quite harmful.. but aveeno works nice its worth the higher price.
The Vitamin E suggestion is good too..
When I go to Jamaicca with scars my face gets darker and just covers them up and I come back with clear skin its great!
So book a flight to the Islands!! If only it were that easy!

Rennah

I've been using Mederma for a few scars that I have, but I probably haven't used it continuously enough to see results yet.

The stuff is soooo expensive here - it cost me $56 for a regular-sized tube!!!
ssad.gif

FlashBang

Glycolic peels. They are lunchtime peels, they dont have any down time and are better for younger skin as they are not as deep.

Get a course of 6 and believe me, your skin will look amazing. I had the same problem, I got alot of deep imbedded dirt in my skin and would break out as a result of not removing my make up properly and piling it on far too heavily when I was 16-18.

I got a course of 6 and after about the 3rd treatment I thought it wasnt working because it caused alot of the deep imbedded stuff to come to the surface, but shortly after my 6th and final session, my skin looked brighter, cleaner and healthier.

It helps with scars, blackheads and hyperpigmentation and it is expensive (fortunately my mum does these so I got them for free) usually about £250 for a course but its money well spent.
I dont have to wear as much make-up and also, my make-up looks nicer on now.

Alot of the products you purchase across the counter, only contain small concentrates of the ingredients that help such as retinol so you might end up spending a small fortune trying to find one that works.

When it comes to your skin, your better off investing in something that you know will work, like the peels, that way you wont be dissappointed and you know you will have spent your money or something worth while.

ashk36

I just saw a couple pictures of myself when I was 13. My skin was so perfect. I wanted to puke. It just kills me knowing that I did this to my own skin. I think everyone says this at least once in their life, and right now is my time: I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO MY MOTHER!!! She told me I didn't need foundation but of course I insisted. Stupid young child, I was. I didn't start having bad breakouts until I graduated high school. I'll be 25 in just a month, and it's taken me nearly 7 years to figure out what caused my bad skin: liquid foundation! I didn't have a clue what I was doing. It's like a vicious cycle, you know? I started wearing foundation to have a more even looking skin tone. Started breaking out. Wore more foundation and concealer. Broke out more. More makeup. More makeup. More makeup!! After all the different cleansers and acne regimens I've been on, my cure was as simple as switching to mineral makeup. I'll be kicking myself until I the day when I look in the mirror and all my red marks are gone. It will be a freakin GLORIOUS day if that ever happens. After reading this thread, I think I may be saving up a bit of cash to get my butt to the spa. I don't know if I'll go for microdermabrasion or a peel, but I want something that's going to help move this red mark process along! I have clear skin again, I just want these stinkin red marks to be gone!!!

Okay, sorry that was so long, had to get it off my chest. Shoulda listened to my mother.
th_wallbash.gif

colormepretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashk36
I just saw a couple pictures of myself when I was 13. My skin was so perfect. I wanted to puke. It just kills me knowing that I did this to my own skin. I think everyone says this at least once in their life, and right now is my time: I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO MY MOTHER!!! She told me I didn't need foundation but of course I insisted. Stupid young child, I was. I didn't start having bad breakouts until I graduated high school. I'll be 25 in just a month, and it's taken me nearly 7 years to figure out what caused my bad skin: liquid foundation! I didn't have a clue what I was doing. It's like a vicious cycle, you know? I started wearing foundation to have a more even looking skin tone. Started breaking out. Wore more foundation and concealer. Broke out more. More makeup. More makeup. More makeup!! After all the different cleansers and acne regimens I've been on, my cure was as simple as switching to mineral makeup. I'll be kicking myself until I the day when I look in the mirror and all my red marks are gone. It will be a freakin GLORIOUS day if that ever happens. After reading this thread, I think I may be saving up a bit of cash to get my butt to the spa. I don't know if I'll go for microdermabrasion or a peel, but I want something that's going to help move this red mark process along! I have clear skin again, I just want these stinkin red marks to be gone!!!

Okay, sorry that was so long, had to get it off my chest. Shoulda listened to my mother.
th_wallbash.gif

I am wondering how's your skin condition doing right now? Have you found any great products or a new regimen to clear your facial scars? It'd be great to get a response from you!
winks.gif

ashk36

Quote:
Originally Posted by colormepretty
I am wondering how's your skin condition doing right now? Have you found any great products or a new regimen to clear your facial scars? It'd be great to get a response from you!
winks.gif

Actually...thanks to Specktra I went and bought the Neutrogena wave, and honestly I think it's helping with my red marks. Or I'm delusional, which is a huge possibility considering how many hours a day I've been working lately for the Christmas rush. But my mom's been commenting how much better it looks. And I even noticed the difference the other night, even after working a long 10 hour day and drinking tons of caffeine and sugar. My skin does look really good in the morning. But I've done a little research into some spas in my area, and I think I'm gonna look into a series of glycolic peels next month to speed the process along.

I'm rambling because I've had 3 iced mochas from mcdonald's and they've eaten my brain.

PrincessRm

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetfury74
I totally recommend maderma, after having a skin disease as a child i was left with BAD scars that made me very self concious as a teen/adult. In addition i have also had shingles several times. Seriously i am one of those people that some how always manages to get sick. BUT and here comes the light at the end of the tunnel..maderma has made everything so much better. the scars that i once had and were very dark are now nearly unnoticable and shingles always leave slight discoloration but i just put some maderma and as soon as they are done healing no scar. so try maderma and reapply reapply reapply during the day and hopefully you can get the scars to go bye bye
wavey.gif
and also if you still have acne issues i would highly recommend topical Triaz ( it stings a little) but i have Very sensative skin and it always clears up everything within a few days and i mean some SERIOUS breakout face. EEEWWW..lol, well i hope that hepls and you can get back to being your lovely self
ROXY!

Hi, I wondered if your scars were raised or pitted? I was planning to buy Mederma and I have shallow pitted scars on my cheeks
ssad.gif

JaneHorror

I had scars all over my face due too acne, I used ambi which did work, I only used for spots. I really need something for my entire face, and I started using my mom bleaching cream. It worked like wow, I use to use it night and day, but it made my face all shiny, so I used it at night. My face cleared up sooo good, using that and Biore. When I broke out, and I use to get really dark scarring from pimples. Now I get really light scarring or no scarring at all. I just put a little bit of bleaching cream on my scar and it slowly goes away. Now I do have some potmarks that wont go away though
ssad.gif

stenochic05

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneHorror
I had scars all over my face due too acne, I used ambi which did work, I only used for spots. I really need something for my entire face, and I started using my mom bleaching cream. It worked like wow, I use to use it night and day, but it made my face all shiny, so I used it at night. My face cleared up sooo good, using that and Biore. When I broke out, and I use to get really dark scarring from pimples. Now I get really light scarring or no scarring at all. I just put a little bit of bleaching cream on my scar and it slowly goes away. Now I do have some potmarks that wont go away though
ssad.gif

which bleaching cream did you use?

I think once your acne is cleared and just your scars are left. It's important to use AHA and Bliss makes a great product called Peeling Groove. Check that out.

MaskedBeauty

does anyone have any recc's for products that help reduce visability or get rid of stretch marks???? I gained weight and have stretch marks on my butt and their bright blue/purple. SO ugly. UGH!
ssad.gif
any advice??

JaneHorror

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenochic05
which bleaching cream did you use?

It was Dr. Fred Summit Skin Whiting Cream