Scars - treatment & causes

blueglitter

Thanks for the replys, i havent been to a dermatologist i didnt even think about going to one, d'oh i do keep my arms and legs moisturized and that did help them to fade away but they are still very very obvious, the really bad ones i have are about 10 years old and still red, maybe i should go to the doctors first im just a bit embarassed about them
ssad.gif

( ps im in the uk )

mspixieears

I think vitamin E oil is supposed to be most effective when the scars are still relatively new? I'm sure I read that in a thread here somewhere (probably the one stickied).

blueglitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
I think vitamin E oil is supposed to be most effective when the scars are still relatively new? I'm sure I read that in a thread here somewhere (probably the one stickied).

Thanks i didnt notice that sticky, very helpful thanks!! :thumbsup:

Dreamergirl3

Scary Scars!

So I loves my kitty Kiki, but I don't love the scars I get from her. I love to play with her, and she likes to play ROUGH! I usually don't mind, but her little scratches are catching up to me and are turning into tiny scars. I've never really noticed until today and its ugly! Not to mention the tiny scratches I have on my forearm, but the little scars as well. They're small about this "------" long each but there's a lot of them, and they're white now. Other than not letting her scratch me anymore, what creams/lotions should I use to fade the scars? Im using Neosporin on the existing scratches/scabs, but don't know what to do about the scars. Please help! I might have to make armbands/armwarmers part of my wardrobe lol!
Thanks
smiles.gif

mspixieears

I know exactly the scratches you're referring to! Hope you don't mind, I'm closing this, because we have a stickied thread entirely devoted to this topic.

mspixieears

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueglitter
Thanks i didnt notice that sticky, very helpful thanks!! :thumbsup:

No probs!

I thought I'll alert you to that one before merging this existing thread with that one, hope that doesn't confuse you lovelies.

madamehollywood

strivectin takes away scars. i work @ ulta and it takes away any kind of skin discoloration and they have face cream. its not only for stretch marks..

MACreation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoeEyedGirl
Arbonne Thermal Fusion! I know I've recommended it before but it is because it WORKS! Use it 5 days in a row a week and it is incredible. It really diminshed my stretch marks and it helps with scars and cystic acne too.

what do you use from the line, and where can it be bought? about how much does is cost? thanks soo much!!

Does anyone else find that Mederma can ball up?
I started using it after being given sample tubes by the sales rep but after I apply it I find it easily balls and flakes up.

I recently had my appendix taken out, fortunately it was a laproscopic procedure, and two of the incisions have healed right over! I was going to use Mederma on them, but they're barely even noticeable. Only one is concerning me, it's the bellybutton incision and it's quite raised.

I have got old scars on my knees, I was hoping the Mederma would have some sort of difference to them but I keep forgetting to apply it!

*Stargazer*

I tend to get keloids when I scar. After my first c-section, I had a really ugly, nasty scar that turned into a giant keloid. After my second c-section, my OB recommended that I use silicone pads. I ended up buying the kind that Neosporin makes and the difference they have made is like night and day. My first scar looked like something out of a horro flick and now it is just a thin line scar. I also used them on the scars I got from a laproscopic surgery to remove my gallbladder and they proved effective again.

I have acne scars, which aren't really scars, on my face and they are fading quickly with the use of EpiQuin micro from my dermatologist.

toxicblood

I used to use the Dream Matte stuff all the time, and I def. started to hate it after a while and I know my skin was horrible because of it. I did stop using stuff on my face all together for a long time and now I only wear powder. I also have scars and I did use the Mederma stuff for a while and that did help, but I do have the scars. What's weird is that theyre not visible AT ALL on an normal day but as soon as my face burns up if its hot outside/inside they appear like magic...its so freaky
ssad.gif

Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy
Ok well, in short, I hate Dream Matte Mousse foundation. If I could sue Maybelline New York, I would in a heartbeat. That stuff freaking RUINED my skin. RUINED it.

I used to have clear skin with occasional breakouts. I used that stuff and loved it for a while, but then I started breaking out more and more. I blamed it on horomones and what not, but the breakouts just kept on coming. I finally linked it to my foundation (I should have realized that light years ago) and stopped using it. Since then, my skin has cleared up significantly, but there's a problem.

Some of the blemishes that the foundation caused are DEEP. They started out as enormous zits, and they were deep below the surface of my skin. (EXACTLY like cystic acne, only I just had it in three or four places on my chin and that was it) There are scars left from where those zits were. They're noticable enough that it looks like I'm still broken out in that area, even though I'm not.

What can I do? Is there anything that can help remove scarring? (Aside from seeing a doctor)

You ladies are incredibly smart, so I figured this would be the place to come.

TONS of tia!!

When I was in high school at the age of 17 I use to wear Cover Girl, I mean I wa young and how much am I going to spend on make up, well after only a few years of using that shit my skin was ruined, I was terrified, I looked like a crater face and I picked at my skin, instead of having glowing skin I had too much texture and bumpiness on my face, I stayed like that for years. I have tried everything under the sun from Proactive to Clinique, both brands dried out my skin causing me to produce even more oil and break out even more. Here's the only thing that can help you

1)Get a facial and make sure it includes a Microdermabrasion and manual extractions. That is the only way your skin will glow, as for me I go every two weeks and get all of that done, it pays off my skin is a lot smoother and radiant, it's still not flawless and perfect but I'm hoping to get there after more treatments.

2) Do not wear heavy make up on your face. I use to do this all the time and it was only to cover up all the damage on my face, the heavy make up only covers up what is underneath and looks really bad. Wearing less is better, it helps the skin breathe.

3) Invest in really good face products. a Toner, Moisterizer and Cleanser. It is so important to also use sunscreen on your face, those scars will only get darker when you expose them to the sun. Also use a treatment at night to help rid of scarring. I use Chanel's skin care, and DDF at night to rid of my scarring. Try Clarins SPF 40 Sunscreen for the face.

4)Make sure to wash off your make up at night before you go to bed, I know I come home so tired at times and say Oh well I'll do it tomorrow, well then I will break out bad the next week, so even if you don't cleanse it off at least wipe it off with a make up wipe, I use the MAC wipes they add a little moisture while takin off your make up.

The problem with skin is that the problem lies way beneath the surface and you have to treat it as soon as you have scarring or even before you get to that point. Good Luck...

smiles.gif

sel00187

I dont know if its been asked already, but shaving scars. i had an ingrown hair so the fool i am i used tweezers, now im left with a dark scar its a circle its only very small but it makes my legs look horrible, so i dont wear skirts/dresses/short jeans. i am using bio oil but im not seeing much of a difference. can anyone help me please?

janelle811

That is truly woeful about your scars, I hope you find something that works!

I have a scar right on the left side of my chest; I had a mole removed when I was like 12. The doctor was all like "it will never show w/ anything you wear, you'll have no problem w/ it!". If I wear anything that is slightly lowcut it totally shows though!! It actually healed up pretty nicely, it's not like it's a very awful scar. But you can definitely see it, it's so annoying

DCJPFan

I have had some major issues with cystic acne over the past two years and have been on the search for something to get rid of acne, acne spots and scars ever since. Off the top of my head, I've gone through a tube of mederma, couple of tubes of neutrogena's acne mark fading peel, couple of tubes of 4% prescription hydroquinone, couple of bottles of DDF's glycolic toner, Murad and ProActive products geared towards lightening spots, several glycolic peels at a salon and anything and everything else available at a drugstore or sephora that promises to lighten spots or get rid of scars. Couple of weeks ago, I noticed a scar treatment I hadn't tried yet at Target called acnefree. It came with a scar treatment and a moisturizer. The scar treatment contains 2% hydoquinone and oxygen peptide-a and the formula is a time released one so I figured it couldn't hurt to try. Well, some of my lighter spots are all but gone, the very dark ones are now very light and it's even getting rid of pock marks. I've been using it twice a day religiously and I am really excited about the results. Nothing has ever worked so fast and so well considering I've only been using it for about 2 weeks! What's working has to be the combination of the two ingredients since I've used dozens of different hdroquinone containing products to no avail. Either way, the product was around $15 and I would recommend it to anyone who's tried everything else like myself and is looking for something new. Hope this helps someone
smiles.gif

midgetfury74

I totally recommend maderma, after having a skin disease as a child i was left with BAD scars that made me very self concious as a teen/adult. In addition i have also had shingles several times. Seriously i am one of those people that some how always manages to get sick. BUT and here comes the light at the end of the tunnel..maderma has made everything so much better. the scars that i once had and were very dark are now nearly unnoticable and shingles always leave slight discoloration but i just put some maderma and as soon as they are done healing no scar. so try maderma and reapply reapply reapply during the day and hopefully you can get the scars to go bye bye
wavey.gif
and also if you still have acne issues i would highly recommend topical Triaz ( it stings a little) but i have Very sensative skin and it always clears up everything within a few days and i mean some SERIOUS breakout face. EEEWWW..lol, well i hope that hepls and you can get back to being your lovely self
ROXY!