Scars - treatment & causes

obscuria

Mederma is fantastic for scars. It works best on new scars but will also help with older scars. The product says it also helps with stretch marks but I can't vouch for that because I've never tried it for that.

I had two microdermal piercings at the end of each eyebrow and when I removed them (both at separate times, about a year apart), they inevitably formed little scars. The oldest one I did not treat with Mederma and I could still see the scar. When I had the second one removed a year later my piercer recommended I try that to minimize scarring and it really did help with the scarring. It worked so well on the new scar that you can't even see it anymore. I began to use it on the old scar and it has helped that one too.

The only drawback to Mederma is that they want you to apply it 3-4 times a day for a period 3-6 months depending on the scarring and being forgetful, I am lucky to apply it 3 times a day. But it still worked. Love this stuff.

gujifijian

to lighten my acne prone face, I use Ultraquin....it's 4% hydroquinone. ANd u don't need a prescription either. But its takes time for the cream to work. I've used alot of tubes and still using. It's taking me forever. But it does work, I've noticed it....too bad I can't use a pill or cream so I'll never have zits again...guess will have to wait for someone to come out with that. :O)

loriblu

dermalogica vitamin c treatmans really helped to lighten my red and purple spoted face of non active acne

TeresaEllis

i was in a bad car accident, which messed up my face pretty badly. ive been using kelo-cote, and that stuff is a dream. its faded so much.

over 65 stitches in my face
ssad.gif

16873_1186612341240_1106242542_30446132_4734692_n.jpg

16873_1188415026306_1106242542_30449951_522295_n.jpg

Really getting a scar on your face is one of the worst places, im still dealing with the emotional part of it all. but im getting over it.

loriblu

OMG! Its a really bad scar, but I am glad that kelo-cote is helping you, and I know it will disappear forever soon!
th_cheerup.gif

Junkie

Re: which products to use to get rid of this scar??

Hard to tell, but is it like an indent? Sunken in?

I have the same problem with a bridge piercing that went awray and rejected. I was told not a whole lot could help after it was healed. You could try Mederma or ScarZone.

If anything, collagen or restalyne or some sort of filler injections would be your best bet, but they're expensive and last less than a year.

Flames.Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie
Hard to tell, but is it like an indent? Sunken in?

I have the same problem with a bridge piercing that went awray and rejected. I was told not a whole lot could help after it was healed. You could try Mederma or ScarZone.

If anything, collagen or restalyne or some sort of filler injections would be your best bet, but they're expensive and last less than a year.

i believe its sunken in? it sucks i think it was a pimple but then i picked at it at such a young age and now tis this uneven patch on my face
ssad.gif

Mabelle

ah well as anything with a rentol/renteoid in it. ie: help me or miracle worker by philosphy. both are targeted towards anti aging

kimmae17

i bought a glycolic peel from neostrata and it worked wonders with scaring. its called neostrata renewal peel

JustAddSparkles

You can't get rid of it without surgery, but you can alter the appearance with the ointments stated above.

Lola*

massage it with something like rose oil - this does fade scars and if you press hard when massaging it will help smoothe it...i had a lumpy scar on my foot (carpet burn after falling down the stairs!) and this helped

rrx2wm

I've been using a combination of Vitamin E oil and AHAs (in the form of Neostrata's Ultra Smoothing Lotion) for the past two months and I've found that my pigmentation has faded a fair bit, although it is still visible. I'm not really sure if the results are attributable to one or both products, but I've definitely seen an improvement from this routine.
smiles.gif

Aurora~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora~*
in Australia we have something called Bio Oil. It is amazing! It cleared up some funny pigmentation on my forehead in a few days, and some scars on my legs in a few weeks... and it's relatively cheap. Altho - I have no idea if you can purchase it outside Oz ;?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora~*
Bio Oil - Select your Language

Bio Oil - Uses

Bio Oil - Global Availability

looks like it's available in a lot of places
smiles.gif

from diff thread..

gujifijian

I had the same problem with Mac foundation..Broke out so badly that I didn't pin point it to the Mac foundation. And then one day I stopped wearing the foundation and slowly the breakouts were clearing up. But the damage was already done...my face went from clear skin to bumpy with acne scars. I tried alot of things and so far nothing has worked. When I get acne, it takes few days for it to go away and when it finally does, it leaves me with a black spot...a friend told me to try UltraQuin. It's a lightening cream. But at $20 a tube and continous use of months, it slowly started fading my acne black spots. But it was taking a VERY long time for the black spots to disappear. Somebody once suggested going to a doctor and getting a higer prescription of hydroquinone(the main ingredient to make the skin lighter)..although I'm hesitant to try it, I've resorted to trying some home made "indian' paste of sandalwood with rose water...once or twice weekly. I rememeber I used to use sandalwood paste in my younger days almost religiously. Don't know why I stopped but that works for me. Supposedly it helps with the acne marks and dark spots. I just started using it recently so it'll be a while till I see results. But that works, atleast for me.

slowdownbaby

For acne the only thing that worked for me was the Uriage skin care for combination oily skin.
For acne scaring my dermatologist recommended me Kétrel. I had my chin and forehead with awful acne scars it was really bad because I have fair skin.. now I have nothing :)