Sephora Friends & Family 2013

I love seeing what everyone bought! Richelle and Miss TT I am giving you tons of air hugs right now, here's what I bought:

Dior Crème Abricot Fortifying Cream For Nails
Dior Nail Glow
Dior Gel Coat
Dior Crème de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm
Fresh Sugar Stars (it's a mini set of 8 Fresh Sugar Lip Balms)
Clarisonic Cleansing Brush Head Value Pack (comes with 4 brushes so I'm set for a year)
AmorePacific Treament Cleansing Tissue
AmorePacific Moisture Bound Lip Treatment
SEPHORA COLLECTION 4-Step Nail Buffer (I got 7 of them in case they get discontinued again!)
Dior Huile Abricot Daily Nutritive Serum
SEPHORA COLLECTION 3-in-1 Extractor Textured Gray
Boscia Green Tea Blotting Linens
Shiseido The Makeup Facial Cotton
Drybar Lemon Drop Daily Detangler

Samples I chose: Dior Hydra Life BB Creme, Yves Saint Laurent TOUCHE ÉCLAT - Radiant Touch and Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Invisible Skin Fusion Foundation.

Redeemed 200 BI points for: Clarins Beauty Flash Balm Deluxe Sample and Lancôme Advanced GÉNIFIQUE Youth Activating Concentrate.

Update: I saved $88, amazing!!

janette9687

Discount thanks to MissTT= Promotional Discount: $34.20

Having a loving makeup community that enables thousands of dollars a year on happy unhealthy addiction to makeup= priceless!

haha I love this place! I was a lurker for a long time but when I deployed I became a member and this place was my sanctuary along with the gym haha

this is what I got, only a few things, I need to have a sale i have tons of stuff to cleanse my stash with.

NARS One Night Stand Palette
Hourglass Ambient Powder Palette
Laura Mercier Artist Palette for Eyes

Thats it!

Serenityy

sigh.gif

Serenityy

It seems like a lot of people picked up the Hourglass palette, including myself lol! I can not wait for it to reach. I hope it measures up to the hype!

Knope2012

It seems like a lot of people picked up the Hourglass palette, including myself lol! I can not wait for it to reach. I hope it measures up to the hype!
I hope so too! I'm still not sure what brush I'll use with it. I generally use a flat kabuki for my For Marilyn powder, but I'm not sure if that will work here.

Serenityy

I hope so too! I'm still not sure what brush I'll use with it. I generally use a flat kabuki for my For Marilyn powder, but I'm not sure if that will work here.
I was just about to ask what brush to use! Honestly, I don't own a lot of brushes. I mainly use my MAC 129 for anything blush/powder related, don't laugh lol!
blush-anim-cl.gif

If anyone has any recommendations please share!

Knope2012

I was just about to ask what brush to use! Honestly, I don't own a lot of brushes. I mainly use my MAC 129 for anything blush/powder related, don't laugh lol!
blush-anim-cl.gif

If anyone has any recommendations please share!
I don't have many brushes either. I always think "I should buy this brush, but look! Lipsticks!" and I end up putting off buying them for months. Hey, if the 129 works for you, that's great! I have one from a Holiday set,but I haven't tried it for that. They do have an Hourglass brush for the powders, but I want to avoid buying it

josephine90

I don't have many brushes either. I always think "I should buy this brush, but look! Lipsticks!" and I end up putting off buying them for months. Hey, if the 129 works for you, that's great! I have one from a Holiday set,but I haven't tried it for that. They do have an Hourglass brush for the powders, but I want to avoid buying it
This is me!

Serenityy

I have the SAME EXACT PROBLEM lol! I would buy the Hourglass brush if I really really have to.
I may consider focusing on buying brushes this month, I really do need some..

Knope2012

Jospehine90 and Knope2012 we are all in that lipstick gang I see LOL
grouphug2.gif
We are! I have a couple of brushes I like and use a lot. I like the Urban Decay Blurring Brush for powders and foundation, the NARS Yachiyo and MAC 109 for blush, the ELF eyeshadow brush for anything on the lid, and a big fluffy brush for loose powder. I have a few brushes I got online for $10 or so that I use daily, but I can't remember the brand. I will check once I get home, because their flat Kabuki is great for powder

janette9687

I think depending what you want to try them for or what areas, If i plan to use all over ill probably use a fan brush i plan to use my Hakuhodo G5538 which is like a tapered fan brush ( like a huge face mac 224) or the G5521 which is like a mac 165 to highlight.

I know theirs is liek a kabuki brush nut i dont plan to buff in the powder if not i suppose a 109 will work as well or a large kabuki.

Knope2012

Your MAC 129 should still work I use thos often for powders as well as the 138

I think depending what you want to try them for or what areas, If i plan to use all over ill probably use a fan brush i plan to use my Hakuhodo G5538 which is like a tapered fan brush ( like a huge face mac 224) or the G5521 which is like a mac 165 to highlight.

I know theirs is liek a kabuki brush nut i dont plan to buff in the powder if not i suppose a 109 will work as well or a large kabuki.
Thank you, I'll look into a fan brush! I don't have one yet.

dash4

Just an FYI - if you're buying Tarte.. They're also doing a 20% off sale on their website - just for 1 day with the coupon code: wewon ..

I wasn't sure where to put this, but decided to put it here.. Sorry Richelle - if it's in the wrong place..

Latest posts