Sephora Friends & Family 2013

purplemaren

I use the hourglass brush for the ambient lighting powders, and I like that it allows me to lay the powder onto my face without disturbing the powder makeup underneath, but you def. don't need it. You could use a fluffy brush and just lightly sweep it on. From what I've read, and tried, it works better if you don't try to buff it on. My trouble is that I like brushes AND lipsticks.
icon_eek.gif

Knope2012

I use the hourglass brush for the ambient lighting powders, and I like that it allows me to lay the powder onto my face without disturbing the powder makeup underneath, but you def. don't need it. You could use a fluffy brush and just lightly sweep it on. From what I've read, and tried, it works better if you don't try to buff it on. My trouble is that I like brushes AND lipsticks.
 src=
Thanks! Yeah, I'll try not to buff it on. I think it could get cakey that way. lol I've gone from mainly being into lipsticks to buying lipsticks and lots of blushes and now I'm on powders and eye products. Brushes are sure to be next!

prettygirl

Thank you again to MissTT and Richelle!!! I'm sorry for all of the craziness that you guys are having to deal with right now
th_kiss.gif
. There should be a certain post # before people can start PM-ing people!

I'm getting whiplash from all of these Sephora F&F threads! Lol. But it is completely understandable!

I was trying to stay away from Specktra, as I have enough lipstick to last me until the end of time.

But then I saw the FF and it just drew me back in, and now I'm lemming over either the Nars Light Reflecting Loose Powder or the Hourglass Ambient Palette (I didn't even know about this until yesterday
thud.gif
). If anyone has both, which do you prefer??

I'm also going to stock back up on my skin care products and essentials like UD primer potion and what not.

I saw the new NARS palette that was mentioned in one of the earlier threads, and I ran to go look it up, but I already have three of the colors.. so its a no go for me. I was so disappointed when I missed the one from Nordstroms last year!

XOXO

cocotears

I'm thankful I was able to get the F&F code because I'm not a VIB. All I got yesterday was Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette and it shipped, so I'm happy!
bigheart.gif

deadSAVVY

I'm thankful I was able to get the F&F code because I'm not a VIB. All I got yesterday was Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette and it shipped, so I'm happy! :bigheart:  
I know! In all that chaos I didn't even bother trying to get a code. I was happy playing the plinko thing to get 10% off! I need like $30 to get to VIB status but at this point I think I'm over killing it with my wallet -_-

cocotears

I know! In all that chaos I didn't even bother trying to get a code. I was happy playing the plinko thing to get 10% off! I need like $30 to get to VIB status but at this point I think I'm over killing it with my wallet -_-
I know! The Sephora website was like you need $32 to reach VIB status before I purchased the palette. So I bought it and thought I was gonna be a VIB and then it said you need $90 to reach VIB status and I was like wtf. So I'm over it, lol!

twilightessence

I was thinking about the Hourglass palette but decided against it. I only got three things:

Kat Von D Lock It Foundation
LORAC Pro To Go Palette
Replacement brush heads for my Clarisonic

I had a lot more in my cart but I'm *trying* (and failing LOL) to save up for Hawaii in Decemeber. But I really felt like I needed that LORAC palette for my trip... Yeah, that's it... LOL. I'm hoping to resist the VIB Sale. But who knows...

sujusarangx3

and swatched. Did anyone have the same problem?
I actually have the same problem; I ordered it last week (when they had an awesome VIBSKIN deluxe trial set for free hehe) and it came looking like it was used. The tape that holds the outer packaging was definitely peeled off and re-sticked(?) and the cover of the palette itself looks like there are handprints? Not exactly scratches but it definitely doesn't look new. I opened the palette but it's a little hard for me to tell if powder has been swatched haha. There wasn't any piece of plastic film to cover the powders either (Yanno, the ones you usually get with new palettes)

I'm thinking of going back to Sephora to try to exchange it, but would that be shady? Not sure if anyone would believe me lol.

The other two things I got were:
Shiseido Extra Creamy Foam Cleanser (I would def. recommend this to anyone who prefers super foamy cleansers. I got a deluxe size in a set with their eye cream, and it was amazing.)
Nails Inc. Bling it On Rose Gold set (which I'm going to return.. way too messy! >_<)

For the sale, I'm thinking of getting:
GlamGlow Mask Set
Marc Jacobs Eyeliner in a navy blue
Kate Somerville Oil Treatment
NARS Satin lip Pencil in Lodhi

purplemaren

Thank you again to MissTT and Richelle!!! I'm sorry for all of the craziness that you guys are having to deal with right now
th_kiss.gif
. There should be a certain post # before people can start PM-ing people!

I'm getting whiplash from all of these Sephora F&F threads! Lol. But it is completely understandable!

I was trying to stay away from Specktra, as I have enough lipstick to last me until the end of time.

But then I saw the FF and it just drew me back in, and now I'm lemming over either the Nars Light Reflecting Loose Powder or the Hourglass Ambient Palette (I didn't even know about this until yesterday
thud.gif
). If anyone has both, which do you prefer??

I'm also going to stock back up on my skin care products and essentials like UD primer potion and what not.

I saw the new NARS palette that was mentioned in one of the earlier threads, and I ran to go look it up, but I already have three of the colors.. so its a no go for me. I was so disappointed when I missed the one from Nordstroms last year!

XOXO
I'm about to be very unhelpful. I have two ambient lighting powders and the nars loose reflecting powder, and I love both! To me, the effects are different. I enjoy and use both products. I already had hourglass dim, so I'm selling it because I bought the palette. I'm also, selling the nordstrom nars palette from last year over in my sale thread in the clearance bin.

Knope2012

Right I don't even see a Hello I'm a new member post in there. Just kicked in the door and started asking for stuff lol
Yep. Without doing 5 minutes of research to see that for the past two days, a member very sweetly sent out what was probably hundreds of codes to tons of non-Specktra members that she didn't know. There are plenty of people giving out codes on other forums and social media websites, but I'm not linking because it would put those people in the same position MissTT was in.

sujusarangx3

I'm also thinking of posting the problem I have with the used-looking Hourglass palette on the Sephora reviews so people can be aware!

I believe I also heard that when the Urban Decay Naked palette came out on Sephora.com some years back, people had received theirs with fingerprints on the palette & shadows... kinda creepy if ya ask me. o_O

Aw man I'm sorry I didn't say hi I am new here to Specktra! lol sorry just too darn excited for the Sephora F&F Sale!

I was reading the past posts & everyone was asking for a code & so sorry for bringing it up again.

Did anybody buy the Sephora Favorites Lash Stash set??

The set comes 11 mini high end mascaras!!

I got it last year and it literally last me for a whole year! for $45 I think its worth it.

Latest posts