Sephora Friends & Family 2013

LV2EVOLVE

Off-topic to the sale going on, but when I bought my Hourglass palette, the top of the palette was scratched? The first one they put on hold for me looks like it had been opened and when I requested another one, the same thing -- scratched on the top of the compact. The product itself was fine, but I'm guessing the top is scratched due to the way it's package. Did anyone else notice this?  
Mine looked totally opened and it's not just scratched. It has like this weird texture on the lid that is all messed up. It's hard to describe. I should insert a photo before I send it back.

Richelle83

Bummed so many are having issues with these Hourglass palettes, something has to be wrong with Sephora.

ps check my signature if you need something lol.

ninalovesmakeup

Wow, I just got my hourglass palette and was coming here to see if any other ladies had issues with theirs looking all beat up. This is crazy; I'm going to call Sephora now. :(

cocotears

Wow, I just got my hourglass palette and was coming here to see if any other ladies had issues with theirs looking all beat up. This is crazy; I'm going to call Sephora now. :(
I'm sorry this is happening to all of you! I wonder what's going on and if it's coming from Sephora's end or Hourglass' end? I hope you can get it resolved!

Lipstickdiva420

Yes Ma'am!!! Currently playing GTA V on the PS3! This month I would like to buy Batman Arkham Origins and Assassin's Creed IV. Thank God Watchdogs got pushed back! My wallet is breathing a very small sign of relief!
I want to get GTA V so bad
001_unsure.gif
, but make up keeps getting in the way lol.

Knope2012

I loved the last two Batman games but this one is being made by someone other than Rocksteady. I'm hoping they just built on what was already established and don't go too far away from what we expect so far with the Batman franchise.
I loved THE LAST OF US. The story was awesome. I love a game that will engage me as much as a book would. I think I'm going to give BEYOND: TWO SOULS a try too. Can't wait to see what happens with the next gen consoles! If you like a good game with a great story you should try Bioshock Infinite!

Sorry for the off topic tangent

Back on Topic
Anyone get the Kat Von D palette?
I hate that it's not being made by Rocksteady. I read somewhere that Rocksteady was still going to do their own Batman sequel, but I doubt it. I still want to play this one, even though it's a prequel. I've really been wanting to check out The Last of Us but I don't have a PS3. I think I can get one cheap though since the PS4 is coming out. I will check out Bioshock Infinite! I loved the look of the trailer. I'm so glad video games these days are focusing more on story.

I was wanting to try the Kat Von D palette. I had one of her old palettes, but some of the shadows got broken when I moved.

Knope2012

And Urban Decay Anarchy lipstick just jumped on my list. Sephora sent me lipstick samples with one of my orders and I just got around to trying it. This is a gorgeous bright pink. I don't know though, Jilted is looking pretty good to me too...

driz69

Im sure this has been answered a million times but I did scroll through the thread and didn't find anything! Does anyone know when the VIB Sale is? I missed out on this F&F sale bit and am wondering if I should wait to order my NARS ONS palette or not lol. I know last year it was the beginning of November. I hope they do something better for damn VIB Rouge. I haven't seen any amazing perks yet.
I personally don't think you should wait for the FF sale to order the Nars blush palette. With the popularity of the last 2 palettes this one will indeed sell out quickly. Plus I believe its online only so there are no store options.

deadSAVVY

I really have to stop buying eyeshadows especially palettes but they make me so weak.
th_drool.gif
I feel you! I'm still contemplating the UD basics palette. I know that I probably have similar shades already but palette's are nice to grab n go sometimes!

jemdot

Hi everyone! I'm one of those people that googled "Sephora Friends & Family" to get info about the sale, and found this forum. I just want to thank MissTT and Richelle83 for all their hard work and everything they had to put up with. It's amazing how many people don't know how to follow simple directions or have manners! I don't know many people that would've taken on this task just out of the goodness of their hearts.
heart.gif
Now that I've found Specktra, I look forward to chatting about makeup nonstop without having people think I'm crazy! lol

Here's what I got at the sale:
Nars Larger Than Life Lip Gloss in Paris Follies
Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Foundation
Anastasia Brow Wiz
Dior Creme de Rose Lip Balm
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light
Laura Mercier Artist's Palette for Eyes
YSL Touche Eclat
... and a few skincare items for my mom

I saved $110, so thank you once again!
girlhaha.gif

Knope2012

Hi everyone! I'm one of those people that googled "Sephora Friends & Family" to get info about the sale, and found this forum. I just want to thank MissTT and Richelle83 for all their hard work and everything they had to put up with. It's amazing how many people don't know how to follow simple directions or have manners! I don't know many people that would've taken on this task just out of the goodness of their hearts.
heart.gif
Now that I've found Specktra, I look forward to chatting about makeup nonstop without having people think I'm crazy! lol

Here's what I got at the sale:
Nars Larger Than Life Lip Gloss in Paris Follies
Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Foundation
Anastasia Brow Wiz
Dior Creme de Rose Lip Balm
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light
Laura Mercier Artist's Palette for Eyes
YSL Touche Eclat
... and a few skincare items for my mom

I saved $110, so thank you once again!
girlhaha.gif
th_770016001157748873-final.gif
I hope you love it here! We certainly have lots to talk about, as the Fall collections this year have been knocking it out of the park. You picked some wonderful choices as I'm hoping for the Powder in Diffused Light and maybe the Laura Mercier Artist palette myself.

Silverbella

Really! GTA....lol

You like those hard core games. I'll play those cutesy games....

Hubby's the gamer in the house. He's play GTA also....It's off the chain

Have you played "The Last of Us?"
Hehe I like cutesy girly game too sometimes. Have you ever tried Sims? The new Sims 4 is coming out soon and I'm EXTREMELY excited about it!
pompom.gif

Sorry for the long post but I'm just soooo ecstatic to find other girls who share my rather unusual "Video Game + Makeup" passion (obsession)!!

Knope2012

Quote:

I totally agree about all the the amazing games coming out at once! Fortunately the BF is a gamer too, so I can just convince him that they're HIS purchases and save mine for makeup!
amuse.gif
But YESSS Batman: Arkham Origins and Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag!! I really loved the last Assassins Creed but I think this is going to be my favorite one yet...I mean who doesn't love PIRATES!?

I was about halfway though GTA V too and was having sooo much fun with it, but one day when I tried to log on I got some sort of game save error and now it won't load at all.
cry.gif
I've looked it up and apparently the error is pretty common, with many people thinking it's a problem with the game discs themselves and that there were a batch of bad discs made. We're going to try to sort it out this weekend so hopefully I can continue playing without losing all of my saves. *Fingers Crossed*

I saw a play-though of the beginning of BEYOND: TWO SOULS on youtube right after it came out and it looked really awesome, but the reviews have been pretty mixed though. I'd still like to try it but I'll probably rent it just in case I end up being unimpressed.

Quote:

I really wish this one was being made by Rocksteady too, as I thought they did SUCH an amazing job with Arkham City. It's still an automatic play for me too though, because Batman.
yes.gif

Hehe I like cutesy girly game too sometimes. Have you ever tried Sims? The new Sims 4 is coming out soon and I'm EXTREMELY excited about it!
pompom.gif

Sorry for the long post but I'm just soooo ecstatic to find other girls who share my rather unusual "Video Game + Makeup" passion (obsession)!!
It's also an automatic play for me because of Batman. I've even played both Lego Batman games, and they're a lot of fun. I LOVE The Sims! I usually play on my husband's PC because my laptop isn't strong enough for it, and right now we're getting an error with it that we need to fix. It kills me because I haven't had a good chance to play University yet and I really would love to. I'm excited for Sims 4 too! These games are so addictive. It's the customization aspect that gets me addicted. I also enjoy Animal Crossing on the 3DS.

It is awesome finding other girls obsessed with both video games and makeup! I'm not an amazing gamer since I wasn't allowed any consoles as a child, but they're a lot of fun for me.

ChosenOne

Okay I'm having a makeup panic attack over here trying to decide what to get! I'm trying to be good and keep this purchase under $60 because money is kinda tight right now. This means that with the things already in my cart, I can only afford to add one of the following two items: NARS blush in Sex Appeal or Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lipstick in Pastille Lavender. I already own a few NARS blushes and a few Bite Beauty lipsticks, so I know I love both formulas. Neither product is LE. I think both would likely look lovely on my NC20 skin. How's a girl to decide?????
bangin.gif
#firstworldproblems

ileenm

HIIIIIII I have been looking for a sephora friends and family code everywhere :( I don't know anyone that works at sephora. Does anyone know how i can kindly get a coupon code? thank you thank you thank you
heart.gif

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
HIIIIIII I have been looking for a sephora friends and family code everywhere :( I don't know anyone that works at sephora. Does anyone know how i can kindly get a coupon code? thank you thank you thank you
heart.gif
Hello. Nice to meet you. There was a thread, but I think it's been closed...

Ata123

hmm I've been wanting the Nars One Night Stand Palette and the Laura Mercier eye palette as well. Should I wait until VIB sale? >.<