Sephora Friends & Family 2013

Audrey C

I think I'll get that for my sister or the Anarchy Face Case. I'm not sure what to get my Mom as I've never shopped for mature skin before. Maybe a matte blush and a set of the Black Market UD pencils since she doesn't go for color. it is fun! My Mom's had the same Cover Girl blush for years so it's time for a new one.
How old is your mom? I'm pushing 46 so my skin would definitely be considered mature (although I'm still oily through the t-zone). I don't think a blush necessarily has to be matte (I like a satiny finish or something with a bit of a glow), but I avoid strong metallic sheen or glitter.

I think people gravitate towards matte finishes for 'mature' (gag me now) women, but sometimes they're more aging than flattering. A bit of glow can be attractive when the natural glow of youth is gone.

Knope2012

How old is your mom? I'm pushing 46 so my skin would definitely be considered mature (although I'm still oily through the t-zone). I don't think a blush necessarily has to be matte (I like a satiny finish or something with a bit of a glow), but I avoid strong metallic sheen or glitter.

I think people gravitate towards matte finishes for 'mature' (gag me now) women, but sometimes they're more aging than flattering. A bit of glow can be attractive when the natural glow of youth is gone.
She's in her early 50s. Yeah, I think a lot of women are worried that shimmer will emphasize pores or wrinkles so they try to stay way from shimmery products, but the right one can work. I was going to swatch some of the NARS blushes in store and see if I can find a user-friendly one that has a glow but not huge glitter pieces. I'm considering getting her one of the Ambient powders, but I want to make sure I get one that works for her skin tone. I think she might lean cool so I'm unsure about Diffused. I would get her a regular highlighter, but she's never used one so I'm not sure she would. I also thought about the NARS Reflecting Loose Powder, but a Loose Powder isn't a very Christmas-y gift

boschicka

She's in her early 50s. Yeah, I think a lot of women are worried that shimmer will emphasize pores or wrinkles so they try to stay way from shimmery products, but the right one can work. I was going to swatch some of the NARS blushes in store and see if I can find a user-friendly one that has a glow but not huge glitter pieces. I'm considering getting her one of the Ambient powders, but I want to make sure I get one that works for her skin tone. I think she might lean cool so I'm unsure about Diffused. I would get her a regular highlighter, but she's never used one so I'm not sure she would. I also thought about the NARS Reflecting Loose Powder, but a Loose Powder isn't a very Christmas-y gift
I gave my mother the UD Smoked pencil set last year, and she was AMAZED with the quality. Perhaps a Bobbi Brown blush would work for your mother?

Knope2012

I gave my mother the UD Smoked pencil set last year, and she was AMAZED with the quality. Perhaps a Bobbi Brown blush would work for your mother?
I could look into Bobbi Brown. I haven't used their products but the quality seems to be great. I've heard great things about Pale Pink for years. It's a brand she's heard of too, which probably will help

LinenWhite7

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but for those of you still wanting the sold out Lorac Pro Palette, it's still in stock at Beauty.com and they are having their 20% off sale now too.
It was out of stock last night and just now when I checked again. Do you have a link?

Audrey C

One of my fave NARS blushes that isn't uber pigmented but has a bit of a glow is Deep Throat. I'm warm-toned though, so not sure how that would look on her.

Knope2012

One of my fave NARS blushes that isn't uber pigmented but has a bit of a glow is Deep Throat. I'm warm-toned though, so not sure how that would look on her.
I think it would work. I'm going to try to subtly check out her makeup bag later so I can get look up her foundation online and get an idea of her coloring. She'll be happy with whatever I get her, but I want to get her something she'll use. I have Deep Throat so maybe there's some way I can get her to try it

Knope2012

Also, my Mom is forever looking for makeup or skin care to cover up her dark circles, so any suggestions there would be welcome!

LinenWhite7

Also, my Mom is forever looking for makeup or skin care to cover up her dark circles, so any suggestions there would be welcome!
Maybe the Pixi (at Target) salmon colored corrector? Emilynoel83 on YouTube was talking about that recently. There's also Benefit Boing and I think Bobbi Brown makes a salmon-colored corrector.

Knope2012

Maybe the Pixi (at Target) salmon colored corrector? Emilynoel83 on YouTube was talking about that recently. There's also Benefit Boing and I think Bobbi Brown makes a salmon-colored corrector.
Thank you, I'll check both out tomorrow! I was actually planning to go by Target anyway

PixieDancer

anyone know of a good eye cream that will diminish lines and make skin tighter. I found one but it's $200 and sephora doesn't sell it lol
I have done what seems to be endless hours of research trying to flind a new eye product myself! After all that, I ordered Dr Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum. Its received rave reviews and its ingredients seem to support its claims. I obviously can't recommend based on my own experience yet. But I have put a lot of time into looking at reviews and researching the ingredients. With the 20% off, it was a good time to give it a try for me! My concerns are the same as yours, as well. So maybe try that out!? Good Luck and let us know what you do purchase and how it works for you hun!

purplerinne

I have done what seems to be endless hours of research trying to flind a new eye product myself! After all that, I ordered Dr Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum. Its received rave reviews and its ingredients seem to support its claims. I obviously can't recommend based on my own experience yet. But I have put a lot of time into looking at reviews and researching the ingredients. With the 20% off, it was a good time to give it a try for me! My concerns are the same as yours, as well. So maybe try that out!? Good Luck and let us know what you do purchase and how it works for you hun!
Thank you! I will definitely look into that line as i've heard good things about it

Kaori

What about NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer? It has great reviews.
And the LE Nars blush Day Dream? =)

Latest posts