Sephora Friends & Family 2013

Lipstickdiva420

Augh tell me about it. I've been wanting to get the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair and it kills me that Estee Lauder isn't on the website... I only know of one Sephora that carries it in the city and it's always a NIGHTMARE going in there (34th st in NYC)
lmao it sure is espeically this time of year. That's why if I decide to take a trip to 34th it will be in the morning.

novocainedreams

I called my store and they said they just got more of the LM palette(put one on hold for me), so keep checking stores, maybe they'll get more. Like the Hourglass palette online, it went from completely out of stock to having a link to email when it comes in. So crossing fingers for re-stocks of everything for people who didn't get them!

ElectricLady

I placed my order at around 9:30 am on Thursday and it still hasn't shipped yet. :( If Sephora employees have Monday off, it probably won't ship till Tuesday. I'm feeling impatient lol.

babygirlLAH

walked into a sephora store and swatches the hourglass palette to see what the hype was about. now I regret swatching it cause now I want it, lol. same thing with Kat von d spellbound palette. sigh! lol gotta remember I have like 3 new palettes coming. >_

jetese

I stopped by my local SiJCP after hitting up the regular Sephora and Sephora.com and HOLY MOLY. Clearance items motherlode. Exclusive holiday sets! They are similar to the "Sephora Favorites" sets but smaller! I purchased the lip and rollerball perfume. Also they had the Lorac Pro palette in a Lorac gift set! I cried tears of joy. I waited WAY TOO LONG on that one and thought I wouldn't get it and there it wassss. (there weren't many left).

Slimmycakes

You ladies are such enablers. I missed the F&F sale (because I haven't been on here like a silly goose) so I went a little shopping happy these past two days for the VIB event after seeing some of y'all lists.

Yesterday I purchased in-store the NARS Coeur Battant Blush. I received the free tote of course. But today I purchased at a different store location OCC Black Metal Dahlia (such a pretty/interesting color on), OCC Sebastian (I have no clue when I'm wearing it but I liked it on me), Sephora Nano Eyeliner in Azur Blue, Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro in 201, 500, and 501 (love how comfortable these are). The free tote came loaded with samples this time though! Ole Henrikson eye cream, Philosophy face moisturizer and eye creams, Clarins beauty flash balm and a perfume. I placed an order online yesterday too for NARS Velvet Matte Pencil in Train Bleu, Beauty On The Fly Ziplock Bag, L'Occitane hand creme in Lavender, Origins United State Balancing Tonic and Korres Radiance Revealed Wild Rose Brightening Duo (looking to try something different since I'm almost done with Origins Night-A-Mins). But for some reason that order is still sitting in the warehouse.

josephine90

Just came home from sephora jcp and all I bought was benefit gimme brow, with the 20% and my gift card my total came up to around $8 LOL, and it looks really natural on me, Im still playing with it thought, its my first brow product! Tips anyone?
pompom.gif

thebloomroom

Yeah
ssad.gif

so heartbreaking! I was SO amped up for that concert, I heard that his shows were amazing and his setlist keeps improving with every show too, ugh. Some people flew out twice to see his shows from other provinces and still missed it, so at least I'm thankful I wasn't in their position. Hey I have extra vib code if you need one btw?
Thank you so much! I got my friend to send me one :) but i appreciate the offer

GOSH vancouver had it the WORST! The folk on KTT were so mad and i dont blame them. 'Ye did you guys so dirty by canceling twice, the day of. esp after people changed halloween plans, and then now hes not even coming at all SMDH.

thebloomroom

ladies i got a VIB code from my friend, im looking to buy new foundation... any recs for dry skin? I currently use MUFE hd when i go out (dont wear foundation on a day to day basis) but i need to start doing so, im looking haggard at work.

I was thinking of trying Naked

Also going to get those stila metallic eye shadows and some new beauty blenders

Kaori

ladies i got a VIB code from my friend, im looking to buy new foundation... any recs for dry skin? I currently use MUFE hd when i go out (dont wear foundation on a day to day basis) but i need to start doing so, im looking haggard at work.

I was thinking of trying Naked

Also going to get those stila metallic eye shadows and some new beauty blenders
If you have nice skin, try a tinted moisturizer or BB/CC/DD etc creams most of them offers nice hydration but sheer coverage. =)

I tried naked, but it was streaky and sheer coverage, I didn't like it, but it may be good for your skin(im combination).

thebloomroom

If you have nice skin, try a tinted moisturizer or BB/CC/DD etc creams most of them offers nice hydration but sheer coverage. =)

I tried naked, but it was streaky and sheer coverage, I didn't like it, but it may be good for your skin(im combination).
my skin isnt great unfortunately :( its very sensitive and dry so i dont want anything TOO heavy but I'm not sure BB/CC/DD will give me enough coverage! my skin and dark circles have gotten so bad in the last year (thanks to my job lol
finger.gif
) and i've been waiting until now to buy new makeup and concealer

Kaori

my skin isnt great unfortunately :( its very sensitive and dry so i dont want anything TOO heavy but I'm not sure BB/CC/DD will give me enough coverage! my skin and dark circles have gotten so bad in the last year (thanks to my job lol
finger.gif
Hmm, I will at least write you which foundations to avoid then xD
Nars sheer glow is hydrating but will accentuate any dry flakes you may have.
Tarte 12hr clay foundation may be too drying.
Laura Mercier creme smooth is very hydrating but heavy.
Smashbox studio skin 15hour may not be hydrating enough, same for lorac natural performance.

novocainedreams

finger.gif
Have you tried mineral foundations? I have dry sensitive skin too and surprisingly mineral foundation actual doesn't accentuate my dryness and has helped my skin look better. I use Bare Minerals but there are other brands out there that have minerals foundations. I know some people are allergic to the bismuth(I think?) in BM but I don't think all brands have that in theirs.

thebloomroom

Have you tried mineral foundations? I have dry sensitive skin too and surprisingly mineral foundation actual doesn't accentuate my dryness and has helped my skin look better. I use Bare Minerals but there are other brands out there that have minerals foundations. I know some people are allergic to the bismuth(I think?) in BM but I don't think all brands have that in theirs.
everyone has told me not to use powder if you have dry skin since it just accentuates the flakes. do you not have this issue at all with BM?

ChosenOne

I LOVE THE COLOR THOUGH!!!! And yes I am one of those people with that kind of nose.
crybaby.gif
I think I will end up keeping it. There's got to be a way to work around that smell.
I always thought I was "one of those people with that kind of nose" because I'm always the first person to notice things like someone smoking within a 100 foot radius. I'll say something to whoever I'm with and they won't know what I'm talking about until the smell hits them a couple of minutes later. Weird. But you've clearly got me beat! Now I'll probably notice it all the time and it'll bother me, lol. Maybe a gloss or lip conditioner with a pleasant scent would balance things out? Happy you love it otherwise!! I'll probably end up with all their pencils eventually.

Mayanas

I've been using my new Foundation of KVD and really do not like it, not much sticks to my skin, it dries very quickly and I look like a paste. I'll give you 3 chances, if not will return it.
Too bad because it has real good reviews
ssad.gif

recommend Naked for combination skin? Yes or No?

novocainedreams

Awesome
yahoo.gif
every bit of advice helps LOL.
everyone has told me not to use powder if you have dry skin since it just accentuates the flakes. do you not have this issue at all with BM?
Personally, no, I haven't really had that problem, but everyone is different, I know some people still don't do well with mineral foundations. Although, I don't necessarily consider mineral to be a powder, like a pressed type of powder, as the ingredients are different. I also do make sure that I use a good moisturizer and primer and exfoliate regularly(but not too often). Personally I found liquid foundations to accentuate my dry skin and scarring more. The great thing is, you can always ask for a sample and try it out first!

ChosenOne

You read my mind. Wondering the same.

Both swatch really well on the hand and both seem really pigmented
I think the quality and feel is pretty similar, but I can test that theory tomorrow since I have a couple of NARS pencils and several Bite pencils. There are 2 things that make me favor Bite over NARS here though. 1) Of course, Bite's ingredients are awesome. Not even paying attention to the things they DON'T put in their products (petrochemicals, parabens, etc), I just love that they all contain resveratrol. 2) NARS pencils must be sharpened. Bite's pencils are twist up. I know this is personal preference, but for this kind of pencil, I prefer the twist up.