Sephora Friends & Family 2013

futurestrength

Just came home from sephora jcp and all I bought was benefit gimme brow, with the 20% and my gift card my total came up to around $8 LOL, and it looks really natural on me, Im still playing with it thought, its my first brow product! Tips anyone?
pompom.gif
OMG! How are you finding it so far? This one of the few new things I was debating trying during the vib sale. I've seen really good reviews online and I've been so tempted to buy it

futurestrength

Thank you so much! I got my friend to send me one :) but i appreciate the offer

GOSH vancouver had it the WORST! The folk on KTT were so mad and i dont blame them. 'Ye did you guys so dirty by canceling twice, the day of. esp after people changed halloween plans, and then now hes not even coming at all SMDH.
no prob!
Hahahahaha I was one of them
lol.gif

But actually though, yeah it's been so brutal and there's been a lot of backlash against him over here. I just REALLY wanted to see that show, and every time I hear his songs now it's kind of a sore spot because I was so excited to hear them live. I saw him at WTT when he and jay came, and it was amazing but I was looking forward to hearing his older songs too. What can ya do though
thmbdn.gif

futurestrength

I placed my order a half hour after the sale started and it didn't even get processed until today at noon. That's the one that I'm having shipped within the states, so it's not even like it's different because it's a Sephora Canada order....................I don't get it

FuuHouhouji

I put my order the 7 at 1 am. And it hasn't leave the Warehouse. Should I worry? Never has take two days to ship any of my previous purchases. I'm getting nervous because several things are now sold out.

thebloomroom

I put my order the 7 at 1 am. And it hasn't leave the Warehouse. Should I worry? Never has take two days to ship any of my previous purchases. I'm getting nervous because several things are now sold out.
Sephora MDC had an inventory count today, perhaps that caused delays. Don't ask me how I know that lmao. Are you closer to Utah or Maryland? They have 2 distribution centers

FuuHouhouji

Sephora MDC had an inventory count today, perhaps that caused delays. Don't ask me how I know that lmao. Are you closer to Utah or Maryland? They have 2 distribution centers
Should be shipping to Texas. I hope it comes without problems. I'm worried that something would be wrong or missing or that my order will be canceled
001_unsure.gif
I'm nervous.

erine1881

Awesome :yahoo:  every bit of advice helps LOL. everyone has told me not to use powder if you have dry skin since it just accentuates the flakes. do you not have this issue at all with BM?
I dunno about about BM, but i use MAC's MSFN on EVERYONE, dry or not, and it doesn't accentuate any dryness. Matte powders will accentuate dryness, but powders with a natural or slight sheen to them tend to not accentuate dryness, as long as they aren't caked on, and mineral powders aren't matte, so you're good to give them a try and see how they work with your skin in particular. But prepping your skin prior to powdering is definitely key-exfoliating and moisturizing.

BriarRose

Question! I qualified for VIB about three or four weeks ago. Got my card. Never got a discount code via email or snail mail. I asked my local store about it, and they claimed to know nothing about a discount for anyone. So they were no help. I'm out of town now and want to go to the local one this weekend. Do I need a code from the mail to get this discount, or does it automatically deduct when they scan your card? If I need something from the mail, I won't bother to go. If I missed out due to how close I cut it with qualifying for VIB, probably just as well for my wallet's sake, but how frustrating.

singer82

I have dry sensitive skin. And I actually wear the mufe hd for special occasions and Naked for everyday wear. I do moisturize every day and night. And use my clarisonic every couple of days. I just bought the brush that you use with naked in my sephora haul from this sale. We'll see if it works well.
ladies i got a VIB code from my friend, im looking to buy new foundation... any recs for dry skin? I currently use MUFE hd when i go out (dont wear foundation on a day to day basis) but i need to start doing so, im looking haggard at work. I was thinking of trying Naked Also going to get those stila metallic eye shadows and some new beauty blenders

Kaori

If I missed out due to how close I cut it with qualifying for VIB, probably just as well for my wallet's sake, but how frustrating.
the email says you have to present the email or the mailed coupon to get discount in stores
But some stores may give it to you if they scan your card to know you are VIB.
Or just shop online using code VIBTOPIA that one works for all VIBs

"If you are a VIB or a VIB Rouge and have not received the email by 11/5 please log into the VIB only section on BeautyTalk and print the invite."
idk where exactly that is though

BriarRose

the email says you have to present the email or the mailed coupon to get discount in stores But some stores may give it to you if they scan your card to know you are VIB. Or just shop online using code VIBTOPIA  that one works for all VIBs "If you are a VIB or a VIB Rouge and have not received the email by 11/5 please log into the VIB only section on BeautyTalk and print the invite."  idk where exactly that is though
Thank you so much. I don't have access to a printer here, so I think I'll call and see what they say. If nothing else I can print out that on Monday and go to the one at home. Wanted to go in person so I could pay in cash. Thank you again! You helped me more than the employees did!

Kaori

Thank you again! You helped me more than the employees did!
You're welcome =) Found the link: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Customer-Support/VIB-HOLIDAY-2013-SHOPPING-EVENT-FAQs/m-p/774561
and print this: https://s3.amazonaws.com/beautytalk2013/VIB20OffSaveTheDate.jpg (maybe just showing this on your phone would work too)

novocainedreams

I dunno about about BM, but i use MAC's MSFN on EVERYONE, dry or not, and it doesn't accentuate any dryness. Matte powders will accentuate dryness, but powders with a natural or slight sheen to them tend to not accentuate dryness, as long as they aren't caked on, and mineral powders aren't matte, so you're good to give them a try and see how they work with your skin in particular. But prepping your skin prior to powdering is definitely key-exfoliating and moisturizing.
I forgot to mention MSFN, good points here. I also use MAC's MSFN and really love it, doesn't accentuate my dryness and makes you look kind of fresh and alive. Sometimes I just use my BM to conceal areas and dust MSFN all over to set it on days where I don't want a lot of makeup.

futurestrength

Lol I guess the Canadian Sephora is still glitchy because they have a Bobbi Brown lip liner on for 1 cent and have had it like this since yesterday. You can't actually make it through checkout with it in your cart but it's still funny to see something that cheap in there.
girlhaha.gif

thejwlife

Folks that are shopping at SiJCP, be sure to use ShopKicks on your phone. It gives you points for walking in to JCP AND your purchase (be sure to link your card). The points add up to gift cards.

kaira

I finally received my Sephora order!
yahoo.gif

Hourglass Diffused Powder - (NC 17-20) I love this powder! I feel that it really does help to tone down the rosacea on my cheeks a little bit and also gives me a glow on my face. I don't put this on my tzone though because the oil there doesn't need any more ammunition to make me look oily lol.

Hourglass Ambient Palette - I have scratch marks on my palette :( I hate that lol. I don't know how I feel about this one. Dim light is slightly half a shade too dark to be used as an all over face powder because it does darken the skin. My face didn't match my neck and it's a pet peeve of mine lol. Incandescent light is a very pretty highlight. I see glitter particles in it but it is very fine. The person would need to be inches away from your face to see the glitter. I think NARS Nico highlight looks similar to this and gives the same highlight glow. Radiant was a pleasant surprise. I didn't' think I would like it as much as I do. It's a bronzy shade that adds warmth to the face without looking like oompa loompa. I use it for the sides of my forehead and just above the contours of my cheeks. It really gives a bronzy glow to my face.

So overall, I'm on the fence with this palette. The only unique shade I like is Radiant. I wonder if i should just return the palette and buy the individual Radiant shade. Hmmm...

Haven

My final Sephora haul:

*LM palette (found it in my local Sephora; they had 2 left; I grabbed one then another lady grabbed the last one right after me)

*NARS Promiscuous lip pencil set (this was to good to pass up)

*Beauty Blenders

*UDPP Original

*Smashbox Light Primer

*Dior Charnelle (Been wanting this lippie for a while now)

*Sephora X polish (one bottle to test the formula; so far so good)

*YSL Babydoll Mascara (now I am tempted to order more from Nordstrom b/c of their mascara deal)

*YSL Touche Éclat

I have a few more things that I would like to get, but I don't really need any of them. So I am trying to remain strong and not order anything else. Will see if that lasts.

Audrey C

I wanted to thank Miss TT for the codes that first caused me to branch out beyond skincare and NARS at Sephora. I've been buying MAC for 20 years and NARS for a couple, but beyond a couple of individual products (UDPP, Benefit Cream Shadows and Amber Diamond) I hadn't ventured into other brands. Now I have and love the Hourglass Ambient powders, UD 24/7 pencils and today I tried out the LM artist palette. I felt bad for about 20 seconds and then realized that I'd use and love it (read: value it) far more than my daughter would. I'll get her something else she'll enjoy.

I'm off to to Sephora to try some other items now. MAC will always be my first love (well second - my first love Electa and Corrado went out of business before I tried MAC), but I have a feeling that most of my future purchases will be coming from other brands. I have a great MAC base and I love what I have, but I'm finding things that are at least as good for comparable (or cheaper) prices. It's time to branch out.