Sephora Friends & Family 2013

duckrodeo

I believe I'm done hauling for now. I should be good for a no-buy til Punk Couture arrives *crosses fingers* MUFE Mat+ foundation - 15 Alabaster NARS Cœur Battant NARS Daydream Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette Guerlain Crazy Pearls Illuminating Powder I also hauled Tom Ford She Wolf from the Saks website. If you visit the site, they'll ask for your email and send you a complimentary one-time-use 10% off code. And until Tuesday you can add the code shipnov for free shipping :) And I still have Madame Rougit and Cruel Gardenia as anticipated arrivals. So yeap, back to that no-buy til after Christmas....lol

MaryJane

I've never tried any Kat Von D products before but after reading all the positive comments here, and other sites, I decided to try the Spellbinding Eyeshadow Book. I picked it up yesterday and, although I haven't had a change to wear it, I can tell just by swatching that the shadows are pigmented and the texture is great. What sold me was how you can mix each of the color duos to come up with an additional color. I hope the colors look as good on as they do in the palette and in pics. The Makeup Artists in Sephora said her products are good but you never know if they are just saying that to make a sale.

Any other Kat Von D products worth checking out? Need to get all my goodies ordered before Monday.

duckrodeo

The code worked on Beauty?
Yep it did! She Wolf is $60 and it charged $54 with the code :) I realized I could have gotten the Kat Von D spellbinding palette with way more colors for the price (even cheaper) but I've been lusting after She Wolf for some time. Also I can travel with the Tom Ford easier lol plus with all the UD palettes and getting the LM palette with the f&f sale....but I am kind of lusting for kvd :eyelove:

DILLIGAF

I've never tried any Kat Von D products before but after reading all the positive comments here, and other sites, I decided to try the Spellbinding Eyeshadow Book. I picked it up yesterday and, although I haven't had a change to wear it, I can tell just by swatching that the shadows are pigmented and the texture is great. What sold me was how you can mix each of the color duos to come up with an additional color. I hope the colors look as good on as they do in the palette and in pics. The Makeup Artists in Sephora said her products are good but you never know if they are just saying that to make a sale.

Any other Kat Von D products worth checking out? Need to get all my goodies ordered before Monday.
If you love mattes take a look at the Ladybird palette.

TwistedFaith

I've never tried any Kat Von D products before but after reading all the positive comments here, and other sites, I decided to try the Spellbinding Eyeshadow Book. I picked it up yesterday and, although I haven't had a change to wear it, I can tell just by swatching that the shadows are pigmented and the texture is great. What sold me was how you can mix each of the color duos to come up with an additional color. I hope the colors look as good on as they do in the palette and in pics. The Makeup Artists in Sephora said her products are good but you never know if they are just saying that to make a sale. Any other Kat Von D products worth checking out? Need to get all my goodies ordered before Monday.
The autograph eyeliner is terrific. I got the black one onsale at sephora over a year ago (maybe even a couple years ago) and it still working great. It's richly pigmented and it's easy to control the lining pen. I've also heard good things about the liquid matte lipstick, but I've never tried it.

diamonddiva

If you love mattes take a look at the Ladybird palette.
I got an email from Sephora that they would no longer be carrying the Ladybird palette. I got the email because I chose to be notified when the palette was available. :( The palette looked gorgeous from swatches.

Knope2012

I've been using my new Foundation of KVD and really do not like it, not much sticks to my skin, it dries very quickly and I look like a paste. I'll give you 3 chances, if not will return it.
Too bad because it has real good reviews
ssad.gif

recommend Naked for combination skin? Yes or No?
Try the KVD with a damp beauty blender, that's the way that works for me. It also might work a little better mixed with some moisturizer since it's so thick

janineios

I'm thinking of getting a new foundation during this sale - I use Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk daily, already own Naked skin, MAC Mineralize foundation, and some drugstore ones. I've used Benefit Hello Flawless in the past. I'm just looking for something new, no specific purpose for it yet. I matched myself the other day with a MUFE HD foundation and loved that the color was a dead on match with my skin tone. Have any of you ladies tried MUFE HD? I'm also looking at Lancome Teint Visionnaire, Guerlain Tenue de Perfection, Kat Von D Lock it.. I'm everywhere really!

Mayanas

Try the KVD with a damp beauty blender, that's the way that works for me. It also might work a little better mixed with some moisturizer since it's so thick
Thank you Today i tried with mac fix+ y my fingers and look a lot a better, tomorrow i have to use with the bb.

Mayanas

I'm thinking of getting a new foundation during this sale - I use Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk daily, already own Naked skin, MAC Mineralize foundation, and some drugstore ones. I've used Benefit Hello Flawless in the past.  I'm just looking for something new, no specific purpose for it yet.  I matched myself the other day with a MUFE HD foundation and loved that the color was a dead on match with my skin tone.  Have any of you ladies tried MUFE HD? I'm also looking at Lancome Teint Visionnaire, Guerlain Tenue de Perfection, Kat Von D Lock it.. I'm everywhere really!
I didnt like mufe hd I bougth it. In 128 y didnt cover nothing i exchanged for Givenchy matt y. I love it.

DILLIGAF

I got an email from Sephora that they would no longer be carrying the Ladybird palette. I got the email because I chose to be notified when the palette was available.
ssad.gif
The palette looked gorgeous from swatches.
Then I would suggest The True Romance Palette in Sinner ($34) or even better the Get The Look Palette for $39. The Get the Look Palette has the Beethoven Palette with two of her pencils and a makeup bag.

Bcteagirl

Hello! Branching out from the Nail Polish discussion thread.

This is my first year as a VIB. Graduated from university, and also from a 'lipstick and mascara only' type of girl to exploring and having more fun with makeup. As such I needed the basics. I did buy some things with my 10% card before I realized 20% was coming up in about a month (wups!), including the Benefit calendar, which should be a lot of fun.

During this sale I bought:

Laura Mercier mineral foundation powder, rose (Stunning on me, far better than the one the computer matched me with in store)
Clinique super rescue moisturizer
Benefit under eye concealer
Too faced mini primer set, when it came back in stock (*2 one for me, one for mom)
Too faced primed and poreless to go duo
Benefit Dr. feelgood mini Matte balm
Nars orgasm blush, in mini size
Several bath shower gel pods
Fresh sugar kisses mini lip trio
HK compact mirror

Bonuses:
The urban decay 500 point bonus
Clinique chubby lipstick
Tarte Mascara
Julep top coat

The Laura Mercier and Nars were purchased on the first day of the sale, but do not appear with the other items bought at the same time on the website. I guess I will have to message them to check it out? On both of my online orders I had to message them to get the correct number of points, so check yours.

I was strongly considering the hourglass highlighter pallete. In the end I had spent enough so far this year. Maybe next year. Right now I am using the Too Faced highlighter that is in mini-heart shapes, which was a graduation gift to myself. I seem to be very close to Rouge now.

What other Sephora events are there? I have heard tale of a triple points event where it took a while to get points, but that is it.

kaira

Augh tell me about it. I've been wanting to get the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair and it kills me that Estee Lauder isn't on the website... I only know of one Sephora that carries it in the city and it's always a NIGHTMARE going in there (34th st in NYC)
I was hunting for the LM palette and I saw that 150 broadway and 86th st and lex had Estée Lauder in the store. You might want to call them if they have your specific items in stock before to going. I hope that helps :)

Living Doll

Just placed my second order, this time for the Kat Von D Spellbinding palette. I don't often wear color on my lids but when I do, duochromes have my heart and this palette is the most duochrome-y thing I've seen in a long time, possibly ever.

I think I'm done now. MAC Punk Couture and Naked 3 and then it's no-buy time!

purplerinne

I'm thinking of getting a new foundation during this sale - I use Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk daily, already own Naked skin, MAC Mineralize foundation, and some drugstore ones. I've used Benefit Hello Flawless in the past.  I'm just looking for something new, no specific purpose for it yet.  I matched myself the other day with a MUFE HD foundation and loved that the color was a dead on match with my skin tone.  Have any of you ladies tried MUFE HD? I'm also looking at Lancome Teint Visionnaire, Guerlain Tenue de Perfection, Kat Von D Lock it.. I'm everywhere really!
I tried the a Guerlain Tenue and it was a bit flat on me if that makes sense....lol I'm loving the Lingerie though it gives a glow without overdoing it cuz I am a bit oily in spots.... I am a fan of MUFE HD too and they have tons more shades than Guerlain

cocodivatime

I went back to Sephota today. This is bad. I am hauling like there is no tomorrow. And I'm still no done I passed on the 100 point perks today but the Clinique chubby stick looked nice. I probably would not have passed but I'm wanting the Bite Beauty and Nars chubby pencil sets and the Clinique was a bit more sheer The first day of the sale I got a Tocca roller ball mini sample. It smells quite nice, I'm not usually a Tocca fan I also passed on the 500 Dior perk. It was cute but I was not 100% sold on the fragrance so I figured Id just save my points. But for those who are looking its sold out online but check the stores