Sephora VIB Sale November 2012?

aradhana

i ended up after much deliberation getting the beauty blender and nars blush in madly. i don't know why it was so difficult for me to choose....i was certain for the blender, but then i had to get another item to reach the $50 minimum...but there were too many things i wanted! i had kinda wanted the yachiyo, but they weren't carrying it...

i was deliberating with the blushes between madly, mata hari, lovejoy, sin and liberte....and then one of the blushes from ellis faas. does anyone have thoughts on those nars blushes?

VampyCouture

Finally got my email! Will be using it in store though.

I just ran out of my Nars stick concealer, so I'm grabbing that and maybe a few Illamasqua nail polishes.

PixieDancer

i ended up after much deliberation getting the beauty blender and nars blush in madly. i don't know why it was so difficult for me to choose....i was certain for the blender, but then i had to get another item to reach the $50 minimum...but there were too many things i wanted! i had kinda wanted the yachiyo, but they weren't carrying it...

i was deliberating with the blushes between madly, mata hari, lovejoy, sin and liberte....and then one of the blushes from ellis faas. does anyone have thoughts on those nars blushes?
You did great! Madly is one of my absolute favorite Nars blushes! It's very wearable!! I think you'll be happy...Let us know what you think when you get it!

MissTT

I'm wearing Lovejoy today and I don't love it.
blush-anim-cl.gif
I think I'm just not used to wearing bronze so I keep giving it a chance. Mata Hari is my next must have color.

I don't know what to get with this coupon. The other issue is December is my bday month so I'll have to make another purchase at the end of the month to get my Fresh Sugar lip balm. I like freebies. (Which clearly aren't free if I have to spend money to get them.)

aradhana

blush-anim-cl.gif
I think I'm just not used to wearing bronze so I keep giving it a chance. Mata Hari is my next must have color.

I don't know what to get with this coupon. The other issue is December is my bday month so I'll have to make another purchase at the end of the month to get my Fresh Sugar lip balm. I like freebies. (Which clearly aren't free if I have to spend money to get them.)
i was kind of thinking lovejoy might be similar to earthshine, so i thought i could wait on it...and i rationalized that liberte was in the same family as modern mandarin. but mata hari i don't know if i have anything like. is it anything like peony petal? i think i'm going to make it my next nars blush acquisition.

as for the yachiyo, not sure where i can get one. sephora website doesn't have it, neither does my local sephora. also not available at the nars canada site. this must be one special brush!!

califabulous

i love liberte, its like my natural blush. I don't wear it all the time but i like that i have a color like that. and I love mata hari too. I mean i love it. i wear that color a lot. I don't think madly will do much for me but i do like it when i see others wear it.

I never hear anyone talk about dolce vita blush. any thoughts on this shade gals? Seems like it would be a nice rosy natural shade, no?

Oh yea!! i got my VIB email this morning. I think I am going to get the mufe face and body and possibly a beauty blender. maybe i'll just get my purtiy face wash since the black friday versions were sold out at 11:59 pm!!!!!
rants.gif

califabulous

blush-anim-cl.gif

why do you have to buy something to get your birthday gift? i went to sephora to pick up my gift and nothing else :) Lovejoy is a pretty blush...i don't have it but i always feel like I should buy it. I don't know why that is
hmm.gif

shontay07108

I keep playing with that cherry red, liv tyler lipstick by givenchy. I think I need to go on and get it. I really wish that new mufe powder foundation was available online. I really, really want it b/c I am all over everything mufe. I might get an anastasia brow powder, too but I am totally happy with their brow wiz.

CartoonChic

i love liberte, its like my natural blush. I don't wear it all the time but i like that i have a color like that. and I love mata hari too. I mean i love it. i wear that color a lot. I don't think madly will do much for me but i do like it when i see others wear it.

I never hear anyone talk about dolce vita blush. any thoughts on this shade gals? Seems like it would be a nice rosy natural shade, no?

Oh yea!! i got my VIB email this morning. I think I am going to get the mufe face and body and possibly a beauty blender. maybe i'll just get my purtiy face wash since the black friday versions were sold out at 11:59 pm!!!!!
rants.gif
Mati Hari - A nice, matte muted pink. It's a toned down Desire.

Lovejoy - A pretty bronze with a rose tint. It's not similar to Earthshine because Earthshine has more of a plum/burgundy tint.

Sin - A very pretty purple. I don't wear this color enough.

Liberte - A beautiful matte coral red.

Dolce Vita - A stunning matte rose.

I don't have Madly yet, but I think it's like Luster except with a pink undertone while Luster has a peach undertone. Madly is definitely the next NARS blush on my list along with Nico.

CartoonChic

thanks! actually, i had to go in person -- i don't know if it's a canada thing, but my coupon was in-store only. so i will try out madly tomorrow morning! and my beauty blender too!

i was kind of thinking lovejoy might be similar to earthshine, so i thought i could wait on it...and i rationalized that liberte was in the same family as modern mandarin. but mata hari i don't know if i have anything like. is it anything like peony petal? i think i'm going to make it my next nars blush acquisition.

as for the yachiyo, not sure where i can get one. sephora website doesn't have it, neither does my local sephora. also not available at the nars canada site. this must be one special brush!!
Nordstrom carries the Yachiyo and they ship internationally. A CP is another route.

CartoonChic

why do you have to buy something to get your birthday gift? i went to sephora to pick up my gift and nothing else :) Lovejoy is a pretty blush...i don't have it but i always feel like I should buy it. I don't know why that is
hmm.gif
I agree. I didn't buy anything to get the gift. In fact, I joined the Beauty Insider program during my birthday month just to get the free gift.

PrettyGirlDoc

Please excuse me if my post shows up three times. I got my twenty dollars off via email today. I will put it towards a brush set for my Mommy. I still have my ten percent off that I received for maintaining vib status. I went in todat to pick up my birthday gift and saw nothing I needed as of now. That will probably change tomorrow.

Califabulous, do get Dolce Vita. You will love it.

LV2EVOLVE

That's horrible. Sorry you had to go through all of that, especially at that price. They wouldn't let you ship it back to them?
The associate just expected me to slap on a US Mail label, without tracking and questionable insurance for a return. She also said they were backed up with returns and had issues because of hurricane Sandy. There was a serious lack of customer service to help arrange to return this item or even partially discount it. The first associate said that their supervisors couldn't handle discounts of this nature. However, the manager in the store was kind enough to offer one. I've attached photos of the damage. I was emailed by Diana R. after she saw my review on Sephora.com. Here is what she said:

Hi,

I came across your review for the MUFE Makeup Stand from your order # and wanted to follow up with you if you were able to return the item at your local store. I’m so sorry that it arrived damaged and appreciate that you took the time to post on our site so we can ensure other clients do not receive damaged stands as well.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with and I’ll be happy to help!

[FONT=&quot]Diana R.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Social Media Moderator | [/FONT][FONT=&quot]SEPHORA[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] | 525 Market Street | San Francisco, CA 94105[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Okay, after this email, my review was pulled off of Sephora.com. 22 people found the review helpful and 0 didn't. Hmm... Doesn't it make you wonder why? I guess Sephora is worried that I titled it "Hunk of Junk!" and that they may lose clients as it is to become available soon. I feel like my right of freedom of speech has been violated. All-in-all, I say that the MUFE Be Your Own Make-up Artist kit is a definite pass and the Sephora will lose clients after they discover how poorly made the product actually is. You can't hide the truth Sephora...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

MissTT

It really peeves me when websites remove a valid review. You're not a spammer, you're a real customer relaying her experience.
angry.gif

You ladies forget I don't have a Sephora near me so I only shop online. I never get to participate in in-store deals/events or try products before I buy them.
cry.gif

By the way, tried Lovejoy again today using the Yachiyo brush and a slightly different technique and I'm liking it better. aradhana - I got mine from Beauty.com during the 20% off sale. You may want to sign up for their coupons if they ship to Canada. They seem to have deals on the regular.

aradhana

Hmm...I think I'll get mata hari and liberte next. I like how they're not going anywhere in a hurry so I can space it out. I have Dolce Vita, and I find it pretty intense. I find it in the same league as taos (my first nars blush). I think I need the yachiyo!

MissTT

I tried Taos years ago and promptly returned it. I probably would have kept it had I had the Yachiyo.

hwdsprincess

The associate just expected me to slap on a US Mail label, without tracking and questionable insurance for a return.  She also said they were backed up with returns and had issues because of hurricane Sandy.  There was a serious lack of customer service to help arrange to return this item or even partially discount it.  The first associate said that their supervisors couldn't handle discounts of this nature.  However, the manager in the store was kind enough to offer one.  I've attached photos of the damage.  I was emailed by Diana R. after she saw my review on Sephora.com.  Here is what she said: Hi, I came across your review for the MUFE Makeup Stand from your order # and wanted to follow up with you if you were able to return the item at your local store. I’m so sorry that it arrived damaged and appreciate that you took the time to post on our site so we can ensure other clients do not receive damaged stands as well. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with and I’ll be happy to help! [SIZE=14pt][COLOR=000000]Diana R.[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt][COLOR=000000]Social Media Moderator |[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt][COLOR=FF0000]SEPHORA[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt][COLOR=000000]| 525 Market Street | San Francisco, CA 94105[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt][COLOR=000000]Okay, after this email, my review was pulled off of Sephora.com.  22 people found the review helpful and 0 didn't.  Hmm...  Doesn't it make you wonder why?  I guess Sephora is worried that I titled it "Hunk of Junk!"  and that they may lose clients as it is to become available soon.  I feel like my right of freedom of speech has been violated.  All-in-all, I say that the MUFE Be Your Own Make-up Artist kit is a definite pass and the Sephora will lose clients after they discover how poorly made the product actually is.  You can't hide the truth Sephora...[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt][COLOR=000000] [/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt][COLOR=000000] [/COLOR][/SIZE]
Wow can't believe that happened to you, : ( I'm sorry There's no excuse on accepting a return, and to remove your opinion of an item was just terrible, apparently you can't speak on negative experiences, people need to know things like that especially when your spending near a months rent for an item, that was so unacceptable I hope they fix that issue with you.

Latest posts