Sephora VIB Sale November 2012?

aradhana

It really peeves me when websites remove a valid review. You're not a spammer, you're a real customer relaying her experience. :mad: You ladies forget I don't have a Sephora near me so I only shop online. I never get to participate in in-store deals/events or try products before I buy them. :cry: By the way, tried Lovejoy again today using the Yachiyo brush and a slightly different technique and I'm liking it better. aradhana - I got mine from Beauty.com during the 20% off sale. You may want to sign up for their coupons if they ship to Canada. They seem to have deals on the regular.
I'll check out that site. I also saw it on allcosmeticswholesale, but don't know if it's legit. It's hard to buy without trying. I guess if you know the brand it's generally okay, but if you've never tried a formula or colour it can be a gamble!

aradhana

I tried Taos years ago and promptly returned it. I probably would have kept it had I had the Yachiyo.
Lol...I bought it back when I lived in the UK - I don't think returns were allowed there! The sales assistant had applied it when she did my makeup, along with Surabaya eye duo. I wish I had gotten that instead! Actually I was debating getting that yesterday, but decided I had too many brown shadows. But the thing is, none of them have that texture....

kimibos

Lol...I bought it back when I lived in the UK - I don't think returns were allowed there! The sales assistant had applied it when she did my makeup, along with Surabaya eye duo. I wish I had gotten that instead! Actually I was debating getting that yesterday, but decided I had too many brown shadows. But the thing is, none of them have that texture....
i think some one said that the brushes that they have at acw are fake. there's a video in youtube about it. i think it was posted in the liberty of london thread. just get it from nars or beauty.com i have a 10$ off coupon maybe you can try it. i wouldnt want you to get rip off with a fake.
th_hug.gif

hwdsprincess

Agree beauty.com is recommended I ordered my liptars w them and got one free and I used my $10 coupon to order my beauty blender, their shipping is pretty quick too, they always have codes for free items w purchase and they do like a rebate thing too where u can spend ur beauty dollars like the next month

aradhana

i think some one said that the brushes that they have at acw are fake. there's a video in youtube about it. i think it was posted in the liberty of london thread. just get it from nars or beauty.com i have a 10$ off coupon maybe you can try it. i wouldnt want you to get rip off with a fake.
th_hug.gif
thank you for the info about ACW!!!
th_star.gif

no wonder those brushes are so cheap! too good to be true!

you know, i had a chance to buy the set of kabuki brushes (that were released around last christmas) from the warehouse sale a couple of weeks ago for $100, but i didn't realize at the time how good the brushes were supposed to be!!! doh!

anyway, no dwelling on spilt milk....i checked out the beauty.com site, and they don't deliver directly to canada -- it would go through a company called myUS. has anyone used this service before? i'm slightly hesitant since it means beauty.com wouldn't be responsible for the delivery, but if there are people who have used this with success, i'd love to try them.

aradhana

hmmm...just checked out more on the myUS and it might cost something like $40 just for shipping!
anyway, the brush is back on nars canada's site...so should probably just grab it!

OhSoJaded

Ah, I'm glad I checked this thread. I always forget about my coupons for beauty.com! I'll mosey on over and see if I can find something to buy (of course I can!) I wish I had remembered to check beauty.com when they were offering 12% cashback on ebates!!! Then I'll check Sephora in store to use my $20 off and pickup my bday gift!

hwdsprincess

[COLOR=9900CC]Ah, I'm glad I checked this thread. I always forget about my coupons for beauty.com! I'll mosey on over and see if I can find something to buy (of course I can!) I wish I had remembered to check beauty.com when they were offering 12% cashback on ebates!!! Then I'll check Sephora in store to use my $20 off and pickup my bday gift! [/COLOR]
Dang I always forget to use ebates!!! When is ur bday

SOMUCH2SHAY

Quote: Originally Posted by califabulous

i love liberte, its like my natural blush. I don't wear it all the time but i like that i have a color like that. and I love mata hari too. I mean i love it. i wear that color a lot. I don't think madly will do much for me but i do like it when i see others wear it.

I never hear anyone talk about dolce vita blush. any thoughts on this shade gals? Seems like it would be a nice rosy natural shade, no?

Oh yea!! i got my VIB email this morning. I think I am going to get the mufe face and body and possibly a beauty blender. maybe i'll just get my purtiy face wash since the black friday versions were sold out at 11:59 pm!!!!!
rants.gif

Dolce Vita is my FAVORITE NARS blush!!!! It's absolutely beautiful with my skintone (NC45). Liberte is nice too. Very natural, as you've said. I want it, but I already have so many peach/orange blushes. Who knows. Maybe I'll break and buy it one day...

mac_aiken

Does it bother anyone else that in order to use these VIB "gift" cards you have to spend $50? With the money I pump into Sephora it would have been nice to have no minimum purchase.

Haven

Does it bother anyone else that in order to use these VIB "gift" cards you have to spend $50? With the money I pump into Sephora it would have been nice to have no minimum purchase.
It is annoying. Honestly, however, whenever I order from Sephora's site it is usually over $50.

MissTT

iagree.gif
It's not a gift if you have to give something in order to get it.
Reminds me of forced donations. LOL We went to a street fair once and they told us we had to "donate" $12 to get in. (Plus pay for everything once we got in.) We argued quite a bit about the meaning of donation, but in the end settled on paying the "fee" since we'd driven 30 mins to get there.

CartoonChic

urock.gif

I heard that If you do use it online you dont have to spend the 50 but still. I have those "gift cards" too. They are coupons not GC!!
You're right! I just tested it. But you get stuck with the shipping fee if you're below $50. It may be worth it if you only want one item. My order will be slightly above $50, but I can't place it yet. I have to wait to call back Monday to see if my VIB status has updated. I want the $20 "discount card" instead of the $15 BI one I was sent. I hope the items I want don't sell out by then. One of them already did.

Monsy

is anyone having problem placing and order and using that 20$ off? it keeps giving me message that it is invalid and also it does not let me use vib 10% off that i got with the reason "you have already used this code with your previous order" and i did not!!! uggghhhh i am so mad

aradhana

i finally decided to hold off on the yachiyo till new years...when i'm going to nyc for a week! i figure i will pick up the yachiyo and a couple of blushes for the american price...rather than pay the crazy canadian dollar price! i think it's a considerable savings...$22 on the brush alone!

OhSoJaded

Dang I always forget to use ebates!!! When is ur bday
My bday is on the 15th!

Don't forget to use ebates (or whatever cashback website you prefer). It's the perfect time of the year to do online shopping (especially for gifts) since a lot of the websites are offering higher cash back % (than usual).

Fancieland

I joined just to let you ladies know you don't need a minimum order of $50 to use your holiday gift cards AND (this is huge) if you happen to have more than one account registered with Sephora and receive multiple holiday gift cards you CAN combine them. I was going to give one of mine away until I decided to try combining it anyway to see if it would work and it did!! I got $30 off my order! I'm so happy because it pushed me so much closer to VIB status. I wish I was already VIB so I could have gotten $40 off lol. I doubt this will work in stores so your best bet is to do this online. Happy shopping!

LV2EVOLVE

I'm ROFL right now because FINALLY, another brave person came forward and the description of her experience is EXACTLY like mine! Here is her review before Sephora removes it:

makeupphd (read all my reviews)

Skin Type:Normal
Skin Tone:Fair
Eye Color:Hazel

rating.gif

1out of5

WHAT A MESS!

Quick Take: worthless case, dollar-store cheap construction, worst customer service ever, such a disappointment

I was beyond excited to open this only to find that the case was broken and the metal surrounding the case was severely bent. The wires for the lighting were exposed and bent and there was 1/8" particle board everywhere around the break. Clearly, the case was made VERY cheaply. Two calls to Sephora customer service proved fruitless as both reps refused to connect me to a supervisor and I was told by both reps that Sephora would not send a shipper to my home to pick up this very heavy item. I had to return it at a local Sephora store...on a handtruck I had to VERY conspicuously wheel through the mall. Fortunately, the folks at the store were a lot more helpful than the customer service reps I dealt with on the phone. I spend a LOT of money at Sephora and always considered it a first-class retailer. Now, I can only say shame on Sephora for selling such a piece of junk to trusting customers. Virginia, there is no santa claus.

Images for this Review
(click to see full-size image)

(Click anywhere inside this popup to close it)

photoThumb.jpg

+14points
14out of 14found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful?Yes(14)No

If they remove her review, I seriously want to sue Sephora for violating their own privacy policy. Here is the updated email they sent me and my response:

Sent: Mon 12/03/12 9:42 PM
To:
Cc: Community Support ([email protected])

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Hi, [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]My apologies that your review was removed. Any reviews that are about issues in shipping, returns, customer service etc, are not kept up for items as they do not count as a “review” as listed in our terms and conditions. As it was a customer service issue with the packaging and shipping of the item, it did not pertain to the item’s qualities itself and was indeed a customer service issue with delivery and shipping (which is advised to NOT post about) it had to be removed.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]You can review our terms and conditions for posting on our site here> [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]http://reviews.sephora.com/content/8723illuminate/guidelines.htm[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]I’m sorry to hear that the phone representatives you spoke with did not offer to schedule a UPS pick up or mail delivery pick up for the item for you. I will follow up with the appropriate management to ensure such a thing does not happen again.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]I’d like to offer an extra 300 points to your Beauty Bank and $5.95 in store credit to your account for the cost of shipping. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us by phone at 1-877-737-4672 (select option 2) and you may speak with a supervisor.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Thank you.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Garamond,serif]Diana [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Garamond,serif]Social Media Moderator | [/FONT][FONT=Garamond,serif]SEPHORA[/FONT][FONT=Garamond,serif] [/FONT][FONT=Garamond,serif]| 525 Market Street | San Francisco, CA 94105[/FONT][/FONT]

Hi Diana,

I appreciate you contacting me.
I felt I didn't violate the company's
privacy policy because it said
that honest reviews would be
kept. I spoke of how the suitcase
was made out of a cardboard
material, like drugstore mini
train cases and that it can't
sustain any light impact.
There is a major quality
issue there and Sephora
may want to consider that
because there may be major
returns. I truly wanted to like
and repurchase the product.
However, after this experience
and careful research, the case
wasn't built for travel.

Furthermore, Sephora should
include the dimensions
and weight of the product. The
product doesn't follow TSA
regulations.

I'd appreciate it if you would
pass this information on to
corporate.

Thank you,

The associate just expected me to slap on a US Mail label, without tracking and questionable insurance for a return. She also said they were backed up with returns and had issues because of hurricane Sandy. There was a serious lack of customer service to help arrange to return this item or even partially discount it. The first associate said that their supervisors couldn't handle discounts of this nature. However, the manager in the store was kind enough to offer one. I've attached photos of the damage. I was emailed by Diana R. after she saw my review on Sephora.com. Here is what she said:

Hi,

I came across your review for the MUFE Makeup Stand from your order # and wanted to follow up with you if you were able to return the item at your local store. I’m so sorry that it arrived damaged and appreciate that you took the time to post on our site so we can ensure other clients do not receive damaged stands as well.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with and I’ll be happy to help!

[FONT=&quot]Diana R.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Social Media Moderator | [/FONT][FONT=&quot]SEPHORA[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] | 525 Market Street | San Francisco, CA 94105[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Okay, after this email, my review was pulled off of Sephora.com. 22 people found the review helpful and 0 didn't. Hmm... Doesn't it make you wonder why? I guess Sephora is worried that I titled it "Hunk of Junk!" and that they may lose clients as it is to become available soon. I feel like my right of freedom of speech has been violated. All-in-all, I say that the MUFE Be Your Own Make-up Artist kit is a definite pass and the Sephora will lose clients after they discover how poorly made the product actually is. You can't hide the truth Sephora...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Latest posts